shape
carat
color
clarity

NOVA - Gemstones

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check your local PBS - ours is airing a new NOVA called "Treasures of the Earth: Gems". :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished watching, I posted the link in colored gems section.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea Arcadian. I recorded the later showing tonight so I can watch it again. That was kind of interesting about the Apple guy being such a gem collector.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Marcy! I really enjoyed it. Just short of an hour, and while kind of dramatic, pretty entertaining and informative.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1478142943|4093150 said:
Good idea Arcadian. I recorded the later showing tonight so I can watch it again. That was kind of interesting about the Apple guy being such a gem collector.

Yeah I know. He had a 30ct Sapphire :shock: And I peeped a decent sized sphene too.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I DVR'd it for myself and one of my kids, who's really into gems, gem mining, etc. =)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I saw your post and the show came up for a second airing on my PBS station so I stayed up late to watch it. Totally worth it. Thank you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch I am glad you enjoyed it. I loved the gorgeous gems and diamonds and did enjoy the show. Gems are like astronomy - I could listen to anything that is talking about it.

Arcadian, he did have a fabulous collection. A variety of wonderful gems and colors.

Momhappy, I hope all of you enjoy watching it.

Rainwood, that is what I did too - found the later airing and recorded it. I hope staying up late to watch it means you dreamed of some gorgeous gems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results