shape
carat
color
clarity

Not wedding bandy enough? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gang.

I went to a jewlery store to look at wedding bands today (not my normal jewler, a random one, just to look, etc). So I try on a bunch of rings and I see a gorgeous 5 stone ring that fit perfectly and was in my price range. And the sales person said, "That''s supposed to be a wedding band? It doesn''t look very wedding bandy".

Hmmm, okay ........

But seriously, is there something wrong with having a 5 stone band as a wedding ring? I can''t wear a band with my engagement ring, it doesn''t look right, and it''s not built to have another ring with it.

So I accept this. I need to wear my band on my other hand - but does it matter what kind? what the heck is "WEDDING BANDY" and what isn''t?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tracey- who''s to say what looks like a wedding band or not. It''s all personal taste if you ask me.
That idiot wasn''t lookin to make a sale.

I say "Go For It"
besides if it''s going alone on your right hand- Do what you want.

I wouldn''t worry about what she said.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Not wedding bandy enough? That is one of the most ridiculous comments I''ve heard in a while
20.gif

You have a gorgeous ring that would look perfect with a 5 stone band on any of your fingers.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
This was an insensitive comment, but I think what he was probably thinking was that traditional wedding bands tend to be either stone-less bands or have diamonds set into them (etoile style).

I guess he's been taught to see a 5 stone ring as an anniversary ring, rather than a wedding band. He may have just been caught off guard and didn't think how you might feel at his comment.

Your wedding band should be whatever you want it to be. I have a friend who got married using a silver ring set with the most enormous smoky quartz. She's never had any other wedding band in 30 years of marriage. To each her own, I say!
21.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
? THREE of my friends have 5 stone wedding bands...one made from heirloom stones, the other 2, just because they liked it....I say go for it...

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I think sometimes sales people speak on auto-pilot and don''t realize they are being insensitive.
14.gif

Get what you want and to HECK with what the sales people think!!
emwink.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t people in europe wear their wedding bands on their right hand? my husband, an australian, wears his wedding band on his right hand and i wear mine on my left. each to their own.

peace, movie zombie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a moron!! I know plenty of people that have 5 stone wedding bands. And yes many wear it on their right hand. I think it would look great on you, I just love the design of your engagement ring. Don''t let these idiots in the jewelry stores sway you in any way. How insensitive people can be!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Forget what the sales person said...he has no idea what he''s talking about. I say get what you want!

BTW, I purchased a 5 stone band to wear on my ring finger from WF. I don''t care if it''s not "wedding bandy." I love it.
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
What a strange comment! Not the way to make a sale. I think you wear whatever you want for a wedding band. Floral decor, sapphire and diamond band. Whatever. My friend has a three stone (all the same size) ring for a wedding band and I think it looks amazing. So a five stone can definitely be a wedding band.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Anniversay bands make beautiful wedding rings! I want it to be an anniversary band myself.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mine has been wedding bandy enough for 20+ years!
9.gif

Get what you want & what looks nice together.

Shopgirlk

Rough_Rock
Sorry that happened to you. There are MANY people with 5 stone bands as their wedding band. Soon after I got engaged I went to look at wedding bands. The sales clerk said to me " Oh are you going to reset your ring? " I then informed her that I JUST got engaged and then she didn''t know WHAT to say. I wanted to pummel her. Apparently she thought my ring was out of style.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
That is so insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who does that sales person think they are???????????????????? You''re the person buying so whatever you want is what you should be able to get without negative imput. That is so unprofessional. Some people really tspeak before thinking don''t they?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results