shape
carat
color
clarity

Not about diamonds but still very important!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuvPugs

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had a kidney infection? I currently have one and have been taking antibiotics for two days now (4 doses). I was wondering how long it takes before you feel relief from the symptoms after being on antibiotics.

The doctor I saw ( I went to Urgent Care, so its not the doctor I normally see) said I should feel relief pretty quickly once I began antibiotics. I am considering seeing my doctor today because I feel no relief from the pain and I am going on three days. I still have sharp kidney pains, a fever, and shaking chills.

Please help! How soon will I start to feel better? Should I go to the doctor again or just stick it out? Thanks in advance for your help!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear about your kidney infection. I would definitely want to see my regular doc even after visiting promtcare. Hope you''re feelin'' better soon!
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I would DEFINITELY go see your doctor TODAY. Kidney infections can be dangerous, and you really should be feeling better if your doctor said so. Maybe it''s the wrong antibiotic? Your doc may have to try another one.

But GO! Today!

Hope you feel better. We''ll keep you in our thoughts.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always felt releif that day shortly after taking the meds so I would definitely go back to the Dr. I also have been given something else for pain other than the antibiotic.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My son had a kidney infection a few months ago. Very very scary. Anyway, it took about 3 days until his fever was gone. I think if yo uare still in pain at this point call your doctor. Its your kidneys and you don''t want to mess around. Its possible that the antibiotic is not responding and they may want to change it.

I hope you feel better soon. Please do call your doctor.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go to the doctor today. I had a bad one about 8 years ago and it was really scary and dangerous. You may not be on the right antibiotics... or it could be that they aren''t the right dosage. From what I understand it can take 24 hours for antibiotics to kick in ... but I would go to the doctor just in case. Hope you feel better soon!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I would never tell you not to go to the doctor. We all know when something is not right. So, do it...no need to ask for general consensus. It is your health, your body, you don''t need permission. I hope I didn''t insult you, but I hope I prompted you to get to it!
2.gif

I do want to make sure someone adds to this discussion the antibotic dose is not a partial thing. It is not a dose until you take all of it. So it can''t do what it is supposed to do in a lesser quanity. Just a few days are not enough to take care of this. Also your infection can be more severe than the next person you ask. So their two day recovery may be different than say your 5 day recovery. If is good to gain info, but we are all different, so keep that in mind.

Also there are foods or other meds that can interfer with your bodys ability to benefit from antibotics. It is possible that this doctor, and pharmacist failed to ask you the correct information. Or you forgot you were or had taken ----.

If your prescription calls for taking it with food...YOU HAVE TO. It is also a good idea to take it the same time...so your continual dose is not interupted.

I am sorry you are in pain. But there is light at the end of the tunnel...if you were diagnosed correctly. But if you have enough doubt to ask the board...get another appointment! Now!

DKS

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
3-5 days for the antibiotic to kick in and win.
If not better in 7 days IV antibiotics might be needed so make sure and follow up if it don''t clear up.

LuvPugs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going back to the doctor today, so hopefully it will go well. If anything, maybe he can give me something for the pain, just until it eases a bit.

I really appreciate your well wishes. And i will most definitely keep you updated.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep us posted - you shouldn''t be in such pain still - I hope they can get you relief soon!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
This may not apply here, but wanted to add it for someone who may be experiencing the same pain. I thought I too had an infection-urinary or kidney. Took the cranberry supplements and azo and still was in pain. Stupid me...just sucked it up and went on.

Months later the pain was so severe I couldn''t get around well. Actually I couldn''t walk without pain. Could only recline, not sit. Then, I sneezed and whamo I fell to the floor in agony. Went into urgent care as well...guess what my kidney pain was? Bulged Disk in my back.

Steriods and therapy got me back my mobility. I cliff noted this situation...there were more details, but for the sake of briefity...(yeah, right...) I am trying to convey that not all pains are always diagnosed correctly. Don''t do what I did...get in and get the right answer to your pain and situation.

When you know something isn''t right...you know it. Don''t wait for someone to validate your discomfort. Get attention.

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results