shape
carat
color
clarity

Not a proposal but a very special evening

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
I know this is not a proposal idea but it does involve a ring so I thought I would post my idea here for you all''s opinion.
I have been with my gf now for a while, and she has been having a hard time recently with school and work and her home situation. Shes been though a lot and has been depressed a lot recently. It makes me sad to see her like that. So I had this idea to do something nice for her.
She really wants to get her hair done in NYC b/c she is really into fashion and makeup and hair stuff. So I thought I would take her in to Fredrick Fakki salon in NYC to get her hair done and I would get her an outfit that she really loves to wear out. Then after the hair I would take her to dinner at Tavern On the Green. I know you can get a cake made by them to have at the dinner and maybe I will do that. I have a ring I had made for her that is gorgous, it is very her and she will love it I am sure. I want to give it to her, maybe before dinner so she can admire it while eating.
I am not sure about this if it is too much or not, but I was thinking of getting some champaige (sp?) to drink after I give her the ring as a toast to better days for her and to show her that I am there for her thought whatever she is going through.
Thanks so much for your imput
Take care

Phil

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awww...you''re so thoughtful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I would love something like that EXCEPT I would be dissapointed he didn''t propose...so it might be a double edge sword for me...I would feel bad that he had all this planned and all I can think about is "will he propose?" and not enjoy it.

I guess it depends where you guys are in your relationship. Is she expecting to get a "proposal" soon?...if so, then maybe I would tone it down...if not, then it sounds like the sweetest thing and I''m sure she will love it!

M~

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi thanks for the response.
Shes not expecting a proposal now we have not seriously talked about it. Its more been like oh one day I want to marry you kind of thing.
She has told me how she wants to be proposed to also, and it is totally different from my idea. So I think this is enough not like her ideal proposal that she would enjoy it without being either nervous or let down at me not proposing.
I want it to be a very special evening that will show her I care.
If anyone has any ideas to add or whatever, please post them, Thanks so much.

Phil

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Ok...that sounds great then!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

she''s a lucky girl!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
WOW that sounds absolutelt FABULOUS! The only suggestion I would say is when you present the ring to her say something along the lines of "this is a promise ring that symbolizes our future together blablabla" so it is clear what it means. I have heard of stories where the guy gave his girl a promise ring and she thought is was an engagement ring because he didn''t say it but he didn''t not say it. GOOD LUCK! That is one lucky girl!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's not only very sweet but very thoughtful. She's a lucky girl!! Sounds like just the thing to cheer her up. Frederick Fakki ( SP? ) is awesome and so is Tavern on The green. She'll have the time of her life!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
adorable!

maybe save the Champagne, though. save that for the proposal.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 4:01:53 AM
Author: JulieN
adorable!

maybe save the Champagne, though. save that for the proposal.
I agree!!
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I also like the idea of telling her it''s a promise ring. What does it look like btw. You know we want details and pics if possible. What prompted you to have it made?

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi;
thanks for the responses everyone.
I got the idea when last year she and I were at everyones fav store Tiffanys. They had a pink diamond engagment ring, it was emerald cut and big around 5 carats, and it had a mounting with diamonds on the prongs and the shank, it was gorgous.
She mentioned loving it for months afterwards and still mentions it sometimes. So I bought a pink spinel, it is not that size but its still pretty big. I picked out a nice setting, it wasnt what i wanted but it was what I could afford. Pearlmans has the exact setting but it would be $3000 for the setting, which is worth it I am sure for the quality but it is out of my price range.
I dont have pictures of it b/c my camera is bad and they came out really blurry. It has trillions on the sides and small round cut diamonds down half the shank. It is still pretty, one day I will get her that real setting b/c its so impressive looking.

kaleigh, I odnt know if you have been to Frederic F.''s salon but maybe you can answer this question for me. I know she is REALLY into makeup. Do you know if they have good makeup artists there? Maybe I will get that done for her and just tell her, to not wear makeup that day b/c she doesnt need it. She will see right through it I know, but she may play dumb but will be thinking, what is he doing for me ha ha. I also know they do fake eyelashs and will see if she wants that. Thanks again.

Phil

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
makeup is nice, but a haircut last muuuuch longer.
3.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Now I totally remember who you are because I remember the thread about your ring! Sounds fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results