shape
carat
color
clarity

North East Storm?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070415/ap_on_re_us/spring_storm

I hope everyone on PS is safe and not affected too much by the storm. I just read this article and it sounds scary.
32.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m safe -- it''s just raining really heavily. Thanks for your thoughts. Btw, I just responded to you on my latest thread.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have tons of rain and lots of flooding. Nearly 4 inches today, beat the record for April!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of rain, no heavy flooding, and just a lot of wind. I am really sick of the rain though. It can leave now.

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The weather has been crazy. I live in Sunny New Mexico and it snowed a tiny bit on Saturday. Hubby and I were in Santa Fe and there was lots of Hail on Thursday and it almost looked like snow. It rained hard on Friday so I am guessing it is the same crazy storm making its way to the NE. Be safe everyone.

DF 4 inches! Wow!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I'm in Philly too... and enough with the rain and the cold and the not-spring! what the heck... at this rate, i am afraid we're going to miss the nice spring weather and go directly from COLD to hot humid summer.

lots of rain, but nothing too dangerous that i've seen here yet

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is in less than 24 hours...we have a lot of streams and things in the area that routinely flood. thankfully I am not near one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are ok, luckily pretty high up. We face our neighbors, have a small fence between us, post and rail. That area now is one big lake!!! My mom called from FLA all worried, I said we are fine mom. She said how is your basement?? I said I have no clue, won''t go down there on a good day, hehe. Spiders etc.... Usually our basement is dry. But who knows with all this rain.
20.gif
I hope it stops by Tuesday.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t the weather great??? That''s what living in New England is all about -- the possibility of ANYTHING happening! It was snowing here today for a while but it''s mostly been raining (maybe sleeting at some point, I''m not sure). I think the temperature is too warm for it to be really significant in my area. However, in other parts of my state, they''re predicting snow (5-10 inches in some parts). When I left school on Friday, we were all talking about the possibility of having a snow day tomorrow but now it''s probably not going to affect our area at all, except for the likelihood that we''ll have to wade through a lot of puddles from the rain.

I really think we''re making up for having such a mild and slow start to winter back in December and January. Skippy, I''ve never been to NM but it''s days like this that I envy people in other climates.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
NM has had their share of rain too.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Westchester county (suburbs outside NYC), and it has been POURING all day.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, this storm is CRAZY!

We''re in Florida now (Cocoa Beach) and today was scary. A funnel cloud formed just west of Orlando and was heading eastward, which was our direction! My NOAA weather radio went off a few times, warning us of a tornado watch. I had my cockatiels in their carrier, and my cat close by ready to run out. Mind you we''re living in an RV! I also had my E-Ring....couldn''t leave that behind! HAHA!

But I guess a lot of people in Florida are use to this sort of thing. We''re from Canada, so, I guess we were WAY wimpier than most:D Guess I''m thankful for no snow, hee hee!

Hope everyone is ok!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
storm is bad enough that the school i work in is closed! closure for rain, probably unheard of. hence me being awake right now at 12:12 am.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where do you live DMBgirl? Gosh, I am sorry; I am crossing my fingers for you that is stops raining.

Starspun, good news about the storm not hitting you guys; thank goodness.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 12:18:53 AM
Author: Skippy123
Where do you live DMBgirl? Gosh, I am sorry; I am crossing my fingers for you that is stops raining.

Starspun, good news about the storm not hitting you guys; thank goodness.
Westchester county new york. hartsdale to be exact. I hope the rain is not doing too much damage, I have not been out there.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our rain is slowing but the winds are howling something insane...Feels like the house will come down! Not good for rain soaked ground and dead trees, there go the trees, landing on all types of things, and pulling down power lines with it! No fun..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 12:59:47 AM
Author: diamondfan
Our rain is slowing but the winds are howling something insane...Feels like the house will come down! Not good for rain soaked ground and dead trees, there go the trees, landing on all types of things, and pulling down power lines with it! No fun..
DF, come over and hold my hand!! Casper is shaking, he is not liking this wind at all. Howling is an understatement. I always think a large tree will fall on my house. Yeah I hate this...... And hubby has to fly to Houston in the AM. Ughhhh. Wish I could go with him and visit WF, but am tied up here.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here I come to save the day....I hate driving around and seeing all these older trees and thinking about the very wet ground and a good gust of wind...bye bye tree! I know people who left a dead tree and went away on vacation and it fell on their home. Insurance was an issue because they had letters from neighbors and the township telling them to get rid of it, it was dead. It luckily feel on a house that was empty and not the other way, on a jungle gym and a kid''s bedroom...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so at first I get called at 5:45 this morning -- it''s a coworker saying that we have a two hour delay due to road flooding in the area. Then at 7:00 I get called again -- NO SCHOOL today due to flooding. UGHHH! This happened last spring as well. We had 2 days of no school because of flooding. This means we''ll have to make up more time in June. This is totally not fair.

Skippy, can I come visit? I''d love a big piece of pie -- chocolate please!
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent all day yesterday pumping water out of my basement. What a waste!
29.gif
I probably would have had the King of Prussia mall all to myself.....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents and friends in coastal Connecticut have been dealing with flooding. I thought we were just being rained upon in Virginia, but last night our burglar alarm went off. The wind had blown open our front door! This morning my husband found a tree down across our driveway and, unfortunately, into our living room window. We did a lot of glass sweeping in the cold, early morning but are very lucky to have lost only one of two panes of glass. In other words, the living room is not the same temperature as the outside and I do not have to clean glass and bits of tree off the furniture and carpet. I have to call a glazier, because the pane that took the hit is very large and high off the ground. My husband can practice cutting up wood with his new chain saw this weekend.

Deb
34.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear about your house, Deb!

I also feel so badly for all the runners in the Boston Marathon today... Yikes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, fierce storm. Stay safe all!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 8:16:38 AM
Author: Peachy
So sorry to hear about your house, Deb!

I also feel so badly for all the runners in the Boston Marathon today... Yikes.

Me too! I like watching the marathon but I usually just get to see highlights after school. Now I get to watch it since I don''t have school today. I feel for the runners!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ahhhhh what a nightmare! I went off to the office of the doc I was supposed to work with today and stood outside in the COLD wind and rain for 45 min. and now i swear I have frost bite! my fingers hurt sooooooo badly. and no one ever showed up to the office, except for some patients whom I stood outside with. grrrrrrrr

I live in the middle of the city where the wind is typically blocked more, but this huge gorgeous old tree came down and crashed right near our car! yikes... it''s craziness out here!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoebartlett, come on over for a piece. heehee

Oh no Madam Bijoux; I am so sorry; I hope it stops for everyone''s sake. How scary and frustrating!
39.gif

Deb I am sorry too. Gosh, I am glad everyone is safe.

Icekid, that is no fun; they should have called you or put a big sign out front. Go home and don''t drive around. Please be safe.

jfan

Rough_Rock
Hope everyone is OK! We''re in Manhattan and the rain still hasn''t stopped...upwards of 8 inches in the past day and a half! NY1 news was saying this morning that if it had been cold enough for snow, Manhattan would have received 6 feet! Feet! Could not even imagine...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Lots of destruction! So sorry for those who had damage to their homes and cars.

It poured all weekend in Maryland. We thought our roof was finally fixed after the last big storm, but yesterday I heard the "drip-drip-drip" in the wall, so definitely not fixed! At least we hadn''t had the drywall repaired yet. I''m worried about mold in the wall now though.

The wind is FIERCE and biting cold. Walking from metro to the office this morning was brutal. Looks like DC has just said goodbye to the storm though, so I''m hopeful the trip home will be easier.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sumbride,
I am glad it is leaving; sorry about the mold. Gosh, it must be frustrating to fix your roof and then have to deal w/it again. Hang in there; I am glad you are safe.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2007 7:28:27 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I spent all day yesterday pumping water out of my basement. What a waste!
29.gif
I probably would have had the King of Prussia mall all to myself.....
HI:

OHMIGOD I am so sorry! I''ve been there so I know the awful feeling...... Hope you are "dry" soon!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results