shape
carat
color
clarity

North East Storm?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2007 7:49:28 AM
Author: AGBF

My parents and friends in coastal Connecticut have been dealing with flooding. I thought we were just being rained upon in Virginia, but last night our burglar alarm went off. The wind had blown open our front door! This morning my husband found a tree down across our driveway and, unfortunately, into our living room window. We did a lot of glass sweeping in the cold, early morning but are very lucky to have lost only one of two panes of glass. In other words, the living room is not the same temperature as the outside and I do not have to clean glass and bits of tree off the furniture and carpet. I have to call a glazier, because the pane that took the hit is very large and high off the ground. My husband can practice cutting up wood with his new chain saw this weekend.

Deb
34.gif
HI:

How scary Deb! Hope you guys are OK! What a business!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for those with storm damage! I wish all of you in the northeast to be safe and to have warm and dry weather again soon.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My poor friend - she went on a little vacay to New York...and has been hoping it wouldn't rain, but a Nor'easter!!! Yikes. My parents were tying down the patio furniture when I called them on Saturday!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty awful... But we have no important damage so far, thank goodness the car shelter is still up or else the cars might have gotten a few scratches. There''ll be some yard cleanup to do, though!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 11:34:30 AM
Author: Sundial
I am so sorry for those with storm damage! I wish all of you in the northeast to be safe and to have warm and dry weather again soon.
Hee hee! I wish us all warm and dry weather, too! Heck, I''ll take warm and wet, ANYTHING above 70 degrees! Above 65? Any takers? Pleeeeease....

37.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad everyone is okay... but I am very sorry about the property damage suffered! Please take care and be safe! Warm thoughts for warm dry weather coming your way!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Water, water, everywhere...

We don''t have school yet again today. My state has been declared a state of emergency due to flooding. I haven''t been outside yet, but I think my immediate area is okay. A ton of roads have been flooded out and it''s amazing to see how high it is in some areas (I''ve been glued to the news). There was even a landslide on a fairly main road that goes right through the state. Now they''re saying that the storm, which had moved to the east, is apparently spinning back this way. I''m not sure what it will leave behind. Some towns are evacuating, but my town is okay. THe pictures are amazing. Parts of roads are now completely washed out and trees are down all over.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it''s raining, sometimes it''s snowing... But it''s not stopping. Bleh. I want spring, darnit!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results