shape
carat
color
clarity

Nor Cal Psers... Do you know where this is???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
On HGTV there used to be (could still be for all I know) a show called Design on a Dime and for the episodes in Bay Area they used to go to a big place somewhere near Berkeley like... a lot with tarp rigged to cover (or maybe it was just a really crappy enclosed building) where there was A TON of vintage mid century modern wood furniture/ vintage stuff, not high quality or anything, but just a TON of pieces to choose from in different states of disrepair? Anyone know of a place like that?

I have this dining set, it''s from ... 60''s or 70''s... and it''s the medium brown wood that was so popular then. And I am hoping to find some vintage wood pieces that match it (or close enough) and I think that place would have what I need... but I''ve never been able to figure out where it is.

I would be super appreciative for any help you could give me!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, do you remember who the host or other people on the design team were? That would really help narrow it down. On the HGTV website, you can search back through old episodes by season, and they usually list the stores and sources they used on the project. But there are a lot of DOAD episodes to search through, and they''re broken down by season/host. I''ll do some searching for you when I have a moment
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know it but have you been to the Alameda antiques flea market? It''s once a month and you can get some pretty good deals.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Actually the Alameda flea market has a few indoor buildings. I wonder if that could have been where they went?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't remember anything about the shows that showed that market (there were a few episodes, and I always paused the credits hoping for some name). The young guy was in charge with the one woman who sewed things. That's all I've got.

Alemeda Flea Market huh? They have furniture vendors? Used furniture?

Okay so the next one is Sunday, April 5, 2009. Anyone want to go with? LOL.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
They have tons of furniture! Every thing there is antique or retro etc.... the furniture selection is great and you can bargain. We got some great old mirrors there, and a really nice dining room table, some nice antique sterling pieces. They have some jewelry too. You will have a great time.
I''d love to hear what you find if you go!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I will take hubby (though he hates this sort of thing). Thanks INK!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Try clicking on the episodes here for upcoming shows - maybe you will recognize one of the episode listings and can tune in and see where exactly the place was.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370125/tvschedule

ETA: sorry I saw you said you already tried pausing the credits - maybe find the upcoming episode and post asking PSers in the area to watch it and see if they recognize it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll totally go with you in June/July if we move there!

We have a ton of mid-century furniture in our house too and I got a lot of it off of craigslist in great condition and very cheap. Mostly from older couples/kids unloading their grandparents'' houses.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:06:35 PM
Author: neatfreak

We have a ton of mid-century furniture in our house too and I got a lot of it off of craigslist in great condition and very cheap. Mostly from older couples/kids unloading their grandparents'' houses.

I''ll babysit NF
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:08:49 PM
Author: Linda W

I''ll babysit NF
9.gif

Sounds good! DH is on the phone with his potential employer as we speak. Cross your fingers!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:25:33 PM

I''ll babysit NF
9.gif

Sounds good! DH is on the phone with his potential employer as we speak. Cross your fingers!!

YAY YAY YAY. Everything is crossed. I must tell you though. I will spoil your adorable babies.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:29:33 PM

I''ll babysit NF
9.gif

YAY YAY YAY. Everything is crossed. I must tell you though. I will spoil your adorable babies.

No problems there Linda! They will need some spoiling since my parents will be so far away if we move there! (They live in MA)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:31:32 PM
Date: 3/19/2009 5:29:33 PM

I''ll babysit NF
9.gif

No problems there Linda! They will need some spoiling since my parents will be so far away if we move there! (They live in MA)

It''s a deal then. Hubby and I will be their "adopted" Nana and Papa
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m an only child. Can I be an auntie? I''ll spoil them I promise.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deal!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:08:07 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''m an only child. Can I be an auntie? I''ll spoil them I promise.

Of course!!!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif
I DO have some practice. John has 7 nieces and nephews. But they are so far away, and growing up so quickly. I have my fingers crossed for your husband NF. I would love it if you were close by!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy- I used to work for HGTV, and can give you some pointers.

The production company for DOAD is Pie Town Productions: http://www.pietown.tv I''d give them a ring and ask to speak to someone on that show''s team (production assistant, perhaps??). You might get a helpful/knowledgeable PA that can help you out, or they may refer you to the corp office in Knoxville, TN. HGTV used to have an actual viewer services dept staffed to answer questions like these.

Another option is to head to a bookstore to check out the DOAD book. It features info on about 50 of their makeover projects, and there''s a SHOPPING index in the back of the book. Who knows- it may reference the location you''re looking for.

I''ve got a couple of other ideas in case these don''t work out- just let me know!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU CHARGER GIRL!

Wow, we really do have experts on EVERYTHING on here! I''m impressed!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Did you ever make it to the flea market?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi IK... No, I never did. Still want to go though. Maybe if NF moves out.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What''s NF? When you finally go let me know what you think. I have a feeling you''ll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results