shape
carat
color
clarity

non-compliments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i walked from our apartment to sephora to buy face moisturizer. i normally do not wear lipstick because it''s just one more thing to do. for some reason, i bought lipstick today. i love the slightly darker colors for fall that are out. so i was really excited! i put on my lipstick and felt very put together.

a man walked past me and said "you are pretty but you shouldn''t try so hard!!" i mean wtf...that is so rude and it really made me feel bad! i know i have been extra sensitive since being unemployed and evidently unable to be employed, but come on! i felt so silly and embarrassed after he said that! i wanted to rush home and wipe off my lipstick. i really really hate non-compliments like that.....why couldn''t he just keep it to himself?
29.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s just rude. Coco, wear that lipstick, you look gorgeous! And kick him in the shins next time you see him...
38.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I honestly do not get people sometimes! The things that come out of their mouths...
20.gif
11.gif
38.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i know! it''s just so rude and inconsiderate.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bah! Rude.
38.gif

Men say stuff like that a lot, I find. They think they''re being nice, but it''s totally a backhanded compliment.

Like when I say I want to lose 5 lbs, and FI says "But I like women with a little meat on their bones"

If you''re already feeling bad about your bod, you don''t want your FI calling you "meaty"
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Aww don''t feel bad sweetie! Ignore that silly man and rock your new lipstick! I''m sure he meant it as a compliment and didn''t realize how it''d be interpreted anyways. I feel your pain on the "sensitivity" issue, as my unfruitful job search to date also leaves me ready to cry over the slightest thing as well! Hang in there!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Rude, Rude, RUDE!

Maybe he likes freshly-scrubbed, au natural faces... but then, as everyone has said, he should keep it to HIMSELF!

Lipstick isn''t always supposed to look natural. Sometimes it''s supposed to look va-va-voom and sexy and sophisticated! You weren''t "trying too hard," sweetie, you just wanted a glam, cassy, sexy look. Nothin'' wrong with that.

You wear that lipstick, Coco! Don''t let one man''s lame preference and loud mouth get you down.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm always tempted to point out how much BETTER guys could look with a little foundation when they comment on my make-up, just to see how they like it. "Oh, you're looking a little broken out today. You should really think about a heavy-coverage foundation." Seriously. It's not like you were asking his opinion, so what on Earth made him think a random woman would appreciate his loud-mouth comment? Jerk.
38.gif

Whatever, let it roll off your back. It's not for him, anyways. I bet your FI likes it!
31.gif
12.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT?! What goes wrong with people? Apparently, momma never taught him, "If you can''t say anything nice, don''t say anything at all."

Wear your lipstick proudly!!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 3:40:07 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Bah! Rude.
38.gif

Men say stuff like that a lot, I find. They think they''re being nice, but it''s totally a backhanded compliment.

Like when I say I want to lose 5 lbs, and FI says ''But I like women with a little meat on their bones''

If you''re already feeling bad about your bod, you don''t want your FI calling you ''meaty''
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Sorry, Elle, but I actually laughed aloud at that! (Maybe because it hits a nerve! lol)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I have to say I hate the "trying too hard" comments too. It makes me think ''well why make the effort then to look nice?''

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe someone said that to you! That''s so rude.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he was on the phone with his insecure sister via one of those bluetooth devices!!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if he was possibly "negging" you?

For those who haven''t read the truly disgusting book "The Game", negging is a tip recommended to guys for getting the attention of women they find attractive. They give a backhanded compliment (eg. "Hey, you have pretty hair - if only it was cut better") with the intention of infuriating the girl enough to make her notice him
20.gif

Twisted and wrong, and I can''t actually see it working on any sane girl, but the remark just sounded so classic of it that I wonder if he was really trying it on?

Just a thought...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Men really do not get it! I bet you look super-fab wearing your lipstick...work it girl!! :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
people like that just suck.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

its so rough when you are trying something new that you normally don''t do, and the first time you do it someone say somthing negative. it gets you so discouraged that you don''t want to do it again! but i hope you ROCK THAT LIPSTICK EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!!!!!!

when you''re out of a job, just wanting something as small as lipstick to make you feel better, it is the WORST when someone does something like that.

i hope it doesn''t stop you. if only that guy knew how his comment made you feel, ya know? at the very least, it''s a reminder to all of us that you''ve always got to watch what you say since what might appear to be harmless to you, could take on a whole different meaning to someone else.

I BET YOU LOOK GORGEOUS, DEAR! good for you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
people can be so tactless!
29.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like he was arrogant enough to think you make yourself look nice for *him* instead of for yourself. What a tool! Forget him, honey. You no doubt looked gorgeous! And out of his league.
2.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
hahahahahahaha i love all of these comments
36.gif
36.gif
thanks ladies! you rock!! i will wear my lipstick proudly.

TheBigT: LOL
Lilykat: yes i''ve read that book! it was exactly like one of those, and it did get my attention!! i think he was just being an a-hole though!!
Charbie: EXACTLY!! thank you!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
coco,

From the bottom of my heart, you would be beautiful with clown makeup on your face.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, that is so lame of that guy! Some people just need their mouths sewn shut, period. Flaunt that lipstick--I bet you look amazing with it on!

P.S. Can I just say that The Game is the lamest book ever? I want to scream, "GET A CLUE!" at the author.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
OK, that is seriously weird...... wonder what issues/drugs/problems he had, I mean, wearing liptstick is hardly radical, strange or in any way shape or form out of the norm for females in the US, so

please ignore him, I mean dont let some weird person influence you.... I mean no shade of liptstick is ever worthy of getting a strange response like that -
emsmile.gif

db

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 6:22:49 PM
Author: kittybean

P.S. Can I just say that The Game is the lamest book ever? I want to scream, ''GET A CLUE!'' at the author.

yeah it really is. it''s like tucker max...was it written by tucker max? i don''t remember. either way they are both ridiculous!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
i think that was the moron''s way of coming on to you. It actually was some kind of compliment.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, he noticed it right? I bet he also wanted to try it
31.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have much to add, but I''m sorry he said that to you. He clearly thought too highly of himself and thought that you gave a damn about his opinion.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
wth????

i can''t believe he said that
6.gif
29.gif
38.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This is where my new favorite phrase gets used: I hate stupid people. My mom hates the phrase, but it''s situations like this that prove me correct.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results