shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

No Pearls

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by effisk, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effisk
    Rough_Rock

by effisk » Aug 20, 2008
    Hi all,

I have clearly seen where to not discuss pearls on this forum, but I haven''t found where to discuss them (if there''s any). Can anyone help?

I''m sorry for posting this topic here, it''s the less inappropriate I could find.

cheers

2. stryeyes102
    Shiny_Rock

by stryeyes102 » Aug 20, 2008
    To a certain extent pearls can be discussed in the ''Bride world wide and grooms groove'' section.

Hope this helps! [​IMG]

3. cbs102
    Brilliant_Rock

by cbs102 » Aug 20, 2008
    I am confused as to why?> can anyone clarify?

4. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Aug 20, 2008
    Ask the admin if you want to know why, they''d be happy to help!

5. cbs102
    Brilliant_Rock

by cbs102 » Aug 20, 2008
    umm.. ok

6. musey
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by musey » Aug 20, 2008
    Read sections 7d. and 7e. of Forum Policies to understand why we can't help. It's not that people are being dismissive, it's just not permitted.

On here it says that the "Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves" section is the appropriate place for such discussions, but keep in mind the additional guidelines when posting.

7. cbs102
    Brilliant_Rock

by cbs102 » Aug 20, 2008
    no no i know that you are not being dismissive.. i just thought it odd that no one would talk about them! thank you for the link!!!!!

8. effisk
    Rough_Rock

by effisk » Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks for your replies.

So basically, each member of the forum interested in discussing pearls (when not related to Brides and Grooms) will have to ask the forum admin why it is so. There is nowhere on this forum I can ask for advice on the quality of a pearl or discuss pearls in general. Even the thread I started being a public discussions of policies it will be removed.

How can I get in touch with an admin?

9. Sabine
    Ideal_Rock

by Sabine » Aug 26, 2008
    At the top of the screen where you see the buttons to start a new topic, you will see a button to msg admin with a red ?, so you just hit this and type your question.

10. Tacori E-ring
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Tacori E-ring » Aug 26, 2008
    You can also hit "report post" at the bottom of your post to e-mail them.

11. musey
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by musey » Aug 27, 2008
    San Diego Lady told you in the first reply on your thread how to contact admin--click on "Msg Admin."

You could question the forum owners'/moderators' policies, or you could google "pearl forum " and then get advice there [​IMG]

12. Dreamgirl
    Ideal_Rock

by Dreamgirl » Aug 27, 2008
    You know, that is something I have always wondered myself............[​IMG]

13. psadmin
    Administrator
    Staff Member

by psadmin » Aug 27, 2008
    Pearls are not allowed to be discussed on Pricescope because of past, unresolved issues on the forums.
    We do understand that pearls are a natural extension of the gemstone community and we are currently looking at ways to integrate them back into the forums. As we get closer to finding a solution to the previous issues we had with allowing pearls, we will add more exceptions for pearls to be discussed.

In the meantime, we have made the Pearl Exception Rule in "Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves" section in order for brides to discuss their wedding jewelry.

14. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Aug 27, 2008
    It's just not allowed on the forum. Don't feel bad about asking. I cannot direct you but if you do a google search you will probably find some forums to discuss them on.

Oops I didn't see that answer from admin just above me. That explains it pretty well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.