shape
carat
color
clarity

No news is good news

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I quit reading the news and quit reading about politics over a month ago.

We don't have a tv, well, we have three but they are computer monitors too and none of them is connected to cable.

Tonight I decided to google the nuclear disaster in Japan.

Big mistake. I wish I hadn't.

Long story short, cessim contamination worse than Chernobyl at a baseball field where children play in Tokyo and a government official says, I'm not making this up, people don't stand in one spot all day or eat dirt.

I got so angry and so freaked out.

I'm just going back to burying my head in the sand. I just can't handle reading things like this. :(sad :angryfire: :errrr: :nono:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we moved here to China we were allowed two trips... dh and I chose India and the children chose Japan. We were supposed to go to Japan this past April, but the earthquake in March squelched that. We planned to go in October but... my husband doesn't trust it. He is trained as a nuclear technician so he is more knowledgeable than most about nuclear energy and the fact that the government was not being trustworthy is very disturbing. Its one thing to have a bad situation and know the truth about it and another to have a bad situation and not trust the parameters of it. So now we're not going to Japan at all and I'm disappointed. I *really* feel sorry for the Japanese.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
I hear you. When we lived in Italy for three years we didn't have tv in our house and internet was not all that big yet. That was the most blissful three years of our lives.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thats horrifying. :errrr:

We stopped watching the news after 9/11. I haven't had cable in about a 2 years. Really would like to use the TV as a computer moniter though, it seems really cool! But yeah, as much as it's important to know what's happening in the world, I'm pretty anti-media, and I honestly don't trust the vast majority of the things they say.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm anti-media too. It's sensationalist-to-the-maximum until they decide to move on to a different story and then they act like the story they were covering 24-7 never happened. I can barely stand to read that stuff. I could never watch cable news. :nono:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list that doesn't watch news (and almost no tv at all) because I certainly don't trust what I hear or enjoy sensational stories.

I do skim news headlines on the internet and then read the ones that interest me. I am not following the campaigns because they all sicken me. I'll wait and see who the final two candidates are and then decide whether I can vote or not.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I live In HI (the President"s home state for those of you not in US) so my vote wouldn't factor into it. He'll win my state's electoral votes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results