shape
carat
color
clarity

No more bling in 2021!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I definitely don't do well if I go food shopping while I am hungry lol.. :lol:

Isn't that the advice not to go food shopping when one is hungry to avoid buying more than one needs?

This is very true for me!

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade we have similar shops with "Pound" in their names, like Poundland.

When one was rumoured to open in my town taking over a small supermarket, there were lots of negative comments about the shop would bring down the tone of the town by the snootier inhabitants.

It proves to be very popular, and I love browsing in there and usually come out with some goodies.

DK :))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade we have similar shops with "Pound" in their names, like Poundland.

When one was rumoured to open in my town taking over a small supermarket, there were lots of negative comments about the shop would bring down the tone of the town by the snootier inhabitants.

It proves to be very popular, and I love browsing in there and usually come out with some goodies.

DK :))

Ok, we can share the cheap treasures we found in those stores too haha

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I said no more bling this year, however, these are existing projects that I committed last year carried over to this year (I am still paying for the blue Zircon).

A pair of pink Spinel roughs originally intended as side stones for the Asscher cut blue Zircon from Jeff W. However, I decided to set the blue Zircon on its own in a halo ring as it is 9.25 x 9.25mm, and asked him to cut me a smaller blue Zircon for a 3-stone ring instead.

Here is a pic of the roughs together:

Zircon and spinels before.jpg

Here is a glamour pic of the finished gems from Jeff, in an antique inspired square cushion cut with big facets in the cutlet for all 3 stones.

The blue Zircon is 3.84ct measuring 7.41 x 7.41mm, and the pink Spinel pair is 1.03ct total weight measuring 4.13 x 4.13mm each.

I have not decided on the setting yet, however, they will be set as a 3-stone ring for my chunky Size 11-12 US middle left hand finger!

Zircon and spinels after.jpg

DK :kiss2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Look at those chunky facets and the yummy colours.

I think we can make exceptions for existing projects that are carried over - just no new projects :) because I have a few existing ones I am paying off as well lol.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Look at those chunky facets and the yummy colours.

I think we can make exceptions for existing projects that are carried over - just no new projects :) because I have a few existing ones I am paying off as well lol.

I cannot agree more!!! I have a few projects underway (will post as I am trying to finish these projects this year). But I agree we need to have a support group for a bling ban this year!

btw, sorry to hear about your laptop issue, I hate it especially when my computer / phone not working. It's like a part of my body went missing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I said no more bling this year, however, these are existing projects that I committed last year carried over to this year (I am still paying for the blue Zircon).

A pair of pink Spinel roughs originally intended as side stones for the Asscher cut blue Zircon from Jeff W. However, I decided to set the blue Zircon on its own in a halo ring as it is 9.25 x 9.25mm, and asked him to cut me a smaller blue Zircon for a 3-stone ring instead.

Here is a pic of the roughs together:

Zircon and spinels before.jpg

Here is a glamour pic of the finished gems from Jeff, in an antique inspired square cushion cut with big facets in the cutlet for all 3 stones.

The blue Zircon is 3.84ct measuring 7.41 x 7.41mm, and the pink Spinel pair is 1.03ct total weight measuring 4.13 x 4.13mm each.

I have not decided on the setting yet, however, they will be set as a 3-stone ring for my chunky Size 11-12 US middle left hand finger!

Zircon and spinels after.jpg

I adore this color combo (and of course the chunky monkey faceting swoon). So soft and pretty yet sophisticated at the same time. LOVE.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another project leftover from last year, a blue green Tourmaline cut by Jeff W, 3.29ct measuring 13.65 x 6.41mm.

It looks like it may have zoning in the glamour shot provided by Jeff, however, it does not have one in the video link he provided:

TML102 Blue Green Tourmaline 3.29ct 13.65x6.41mm.jpg

This stone is likely to be set as a ring with 2 rows of baguette side stones.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Another project leftover from last year, a blue green Tourmaline cut by Jeff W, 3.29ct measuring 13.65 x 6.41mm.

It looks like it may have zoning in the glamour shot provided by Jeff, however, it does not have one in the video link he provided:

TML102 Blue Green Tourmaline 3.29ct 13.65x6.41mm.jpg

This stone is likely to be set as a ring with 2 rows of baguette side stones.

This could be the very best colored blue-green tourmaline I've ever seen!

I really sympathize with the bling ban.

I drive a Prius and got the catalytic converter stolen. Insurance is covering the part+labor minus a $500 deductible, but they cannot provide a rental car for anywhere close to the wait time to get the part. There's apparently a shortage nationwide on these parts, and the shop where my car's sitting says that I'm one of the first in line to get the next part; the ETA if you were to order it, as of 2 weeks ago, would have been June delivery. As in ordered in February and delivered in June. I'm supposed to be getting it "early March" but have not heard from the shop.

Also frustrating is that the IRS still has not processed my 2019 tax return that I KNOW they received because they clearly cashed the check I sent in the same envelope on 7/8/20. I have completed my taxes in turbo tax for 2020, but the IRS keeps rejecting it because of some IP PIN nonsense. I never received one for 2020, and I can't for the life of me find someone at the IRS to take my call even after I stay on the line for an hour plus. I know I am owed money from them in the form of a 2020 tax refund, but I have no idea when I'll get it, and since I had such a terrible time submitting it in paper form and not getting it processed by them, I would prefer to e-file this time.

Long story short, my money is locked up for stuff that's totally not fun. There's rumors of a $1400 stimulus check, that's even more money I'll never see in 2021 if the IRS hasn't even processed my 2019 tax return, and does not accept my 2020 tax return.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I should bling ban. It is in direct opposition to my shopping therapy needs during COVID. I buy and feel guilty.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just collected one of the reasons for my bling ban this year:
08D03B6E-3BFD-4EBA-A03A-FD52A02562C8.jpeg

And the other contributing reasons are:

3681A3D1-6106-47E7-AD16-2C63EFCBC999.jpeg
and
855050D3-6D51-41E3-87BA-338851C0F779.jpeg

So unlike you ladies, mine is totally self inflicted and due to bling spending/shopping.

And I know I’m really lucky (and they are gorgeous right??) and I feel like I should stop but there’s a ruby that I’m eyeing and it’s so difficult!!! And it’s only the beginning of March.

Ok... pls don’t throw eggs/sticks/stones at me (unless they are sparkly stones then throw as much as you want!). Aware is first world problems and all, but work is horribly stressful and it’s so easy to get carried away during retail therapy.

@MMtwo - Yes! Guilty indeed! Totally understand the feeling of guilt here

@dk168 beautiful stones! The zircon/cushion cuts are so stunning.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should bling ban. It is in direct opposition to my shopping therapy needs during COVID. I buy and feel guilty.

Nooooo. Guilt is a useless emotion in this case.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 7.32.24 AM.png

And buy the bling!

:)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Just collected one of the reasons for my bling ban this year:
08D03B6E-3BFD-4EBA-A03A-FD52A02562C8.jpeg

And the other contributing reasons are:

3681A3D1-6106-47E7-AD16-2C63EFCBC999.jpeg
and
855050D3-6D51-41E3-87BA-338851C0F779.jpeg

So unlike you ladies, mine is totally self inflicted and due to bling spending/shopping.

And I know I’m really lucky (and they are gorgeous right??) and I feel like I should stop but there’s a ruby that I’m eyeing and it’s so difficult!!! And it’s only the beginning of March.

Ok... pls don’t throw eggs/sticks/stones at me (unless they are sparkly stones then throw as much as you want!). Aware is first world problems and all, but work is horribly stressful and it’s so easy to get carried away during retail therapy.

@MMtwo - Yes! Guilty indeed! Totally understand the feeling of guilt here

@dk168 beautiful stones! The zircon/cushion cuts are so stunning.

Ohhh, those pearl drops were so worth it...and the jade. Also I never knew how much I needed a pink diamond until now.

Really yes, stress = spending on bling.

While I am posting on here, also hitting cees up on Instagram about a GSS strand. I'm so bad. Hubby just said, "hey, you have a new job, you should celebrate with bling". And this is why I will be married until the day I die :lol:

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yup, he’s a keeper!

Actually I went to collect the necklace. But also is nice right? Was moving it around and felt my stress go down a bit haha. Thought it’s rather hypnotic

This is medicine, Icy_jade. You NEED this.
It is quite mesmerizing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does reworking something that is not right count as a new project please?

The 3 pendants I received recently do not quite work out as planned, and they need to be reworked/remade.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, he’s a keeper!

Actually I went to collect the necklace. But also is nice right? Was moving it around and felt my stress go down a bit haha. Thought it’s rather hypnotic

The pendant is gorgeous!

Definitely a keeper.

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

The 3 pendants I received recently do not quite work out as planned, and they need to be reworked/remade.

Hmm... I sort of think will count as new project but I think exceptions can be made if they are inexpensive

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Technically they aren't new new. I'd say do it haha

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha @icy_jade, waiting impatiently for lots of photos.
Congrats :boohoo:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No surprise I am certain, however, I have failed with my no more bling promise to myself.

I could not help but to ask Jeff W to cut me a nice medium green Tsavorite after receiving one of his maildrops featuring some yummy roughs, and a nice Tsavorite is on my bling wish/bucket list.

In addition, I have decided to set the pair of 6mm OEC Moissy drops I have purchased as interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond D-shaped huggies.

I also sent a few of nicer stones from Jeff W that I intend to set to the bench I use along with the pair of Moissys.

Hopefully I shall set the EC Aqua and step cut Morganite traps before the year is out.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've done great on jewelry so far. However, I have purchased two watches this month. A new Tudor Style (on order) and a Ball watch. Not headed in the right direction here.

20210504_064222.jpg

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I'm on a bling time-out.
I may have splurged a bit too much. And then, after excessive splurging, I kind of just impulse bought 2 diamonds for some vintage dangles I want.
So far this year I've bought way too many earrings. I need to rein it in a bit.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't resist buying this one. Screenshot_20210509-071732.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results