carat
color
clarity

No more bling in 2021!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I need to replace my work laptop. :roll2:

It is not even that old, purchased in Canada in 2018 when I was there.

I had re-set it myself, re-loaded the software etc., took me hours, and still had issues.

Sent it for professional diagnostic and repair, worked fine for about a few hours, then the blue screen of death returned.

Taking the path of least stress and pain to get a new one, as the accessibility and reliability of a laptop is of paramount importance to my line of work!

DK :confused2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
☹️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I had re-set it myself, re-loaded the software etc., took me hours, and still had issues.

Sent it for professional diagnostic and repair, worked fine for about a few hours, then the blue screen of death returned.

Taking the path of least stress and pain to get a new one, as the accessibility and reliability of a laptop is of paramount importance to my line of work!

I’m sorry @dk168 Can you bedazzle it? Haha

RockFox

Shiny_Rock

:( fingers crossed the laptop situation is not too stressful. And definitely create a bling inspiration folder on that new desktop so you have something to keep you company :)

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry DK...I will be in the same boat. No jewelry til 2022. I bought a Tanzy pendant here from Pink Martini and a bunch of cs rings, so the blew my budget and then some...

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry your laptop needs replacing. I'll be on the same boat as you once I've paid off all my existing jewels. We just bought a house so no more jewellery for a while I think.

Shall we start a 2022 wish list? Lol.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I feel you... hate it when tech doesn’t work...

Think I might have to join you soon too. Is there a support club for people on bling ban?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man that stinks! I’m just realizing our MacBook must be ten years old.... borrowed time for sure.

I have been so spendy the past month, in fact made an agreement with myself that I would sell one out of the three pieces I bought but I can’t do it.

So I’m right there with you for bling ban 2021!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Can you get your work to replace it instead? If you are self employed, hopefully you can write it off as a business expense!

Aw sorry to hear this, DK! Wasn't sure if I should have "liked" your post or not. I think I'm gonna be done for 2021 as well after i finish one last project. Booo. It's only February too!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I have learned in life is never say never - especially when it comes to sparkly things!! I hope the good fortune fairy visits you in 2021 @dk168

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words of support, it is much appreciated.

@VRLuckily @MamaBee @Daisys and Diamonds @Lisa Loves Shiny @GeorgieQ luckily I still have some items already made, waiting for them to be sent to me, so I shall have some new pieces to look forward to.

In addition, Jeff W will be cutting 3 stones for me, in one of his square cushion pattern - a blue Zircon and a pair of pink Spinel sides for a 3-stone ring.

When I said no more blings I meant no chance of setting more of my stones from Jeff W, hey ho.

@MRBXXXFVVS1 yup, self-employed and it is coming out of my own company. However it means less profit to draw as dividend for myself, hey ho.

@DiamondLizzy oh yes, there is already a bling folder that will be transferred across to the new laptop.

@MjK1 @maryjane04 @icy_jade @YadaYadaYada @AnastasiaBeaverhausen we should have a support club and/or to start a 2022 bling thread to cheer us up!

DK =)2

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yes please, can we please have a support group. I'm going to have massive FOMO this year, starting from April when the last bling piece is due to arrive.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww sorry about your laptop @dk168 and sending you healthy laptop vibes. I hate it when my computer and other devices start misbehaving. I get cranky without my internet connection to the outside world. Good luck with choosing your new computer. Hugs.

@maryjane04 hugs to you and I feel your pain. I am still drooling over bling despite being on a self imposed ban after purchasing MaryAnn and Ginger. I have used up my bling allotment for this year. :(
Cannot wait to see what is arriving for you in April!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @missy MaryAnn and Ginger are divine and I'm sure they bring you joy on a daily.
I've been pretty blessed with a few items to get me through and my engagement ring upgrade 'Hattie' who should be here on Tuesday if no delays to FedEx. One thing I'm really loving about PS these days is the community not just the jewels. So maybe I'll stick around and not ban myself from PS as well =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks for that. It is my first and only HP laptop that I own myself, and am going back to a Dell with full protection and support as it is a business critical asset.

The HP will go to my mum when I see her later this year or early next year - she only uses it to check share prices! :lol-2:

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy MaryAnn and Ginger are divine and I'm sure they bring you joy on a daily.
I've been pretty blessed with a few items to get me through and my engagement ring upgrade 'Hattie' who should be here on Tuesday if no delays to FedEx. One thing I'm really loving about PS these days is the community not just the jewels. So maybe I'll stick around and not ban myself from PS as well =)2

100% agree with you...the jewels were what initially brought me to PS but the wonderful people are who keep me here.❤️

@missy thanks for that. It is my first and only HP laptop that I own myself, and am going back to a Dell with full protection and support as it is a business critical asset.

The HP will go to my mum when I see her later this year or early next year - she only uses it to check share prices! :lol-2:

Lucky mom! And yeah you cannot go wrong with getting exactly what you need for business as it will make life easier. That is always a win.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky mom! And yeah you cannot go wrong with getting exactly what you need for business as it will make life easier. That is always a win.

Psssst, she bought it from Costco for me while I was in Canada! I quit my permanent job by then, and was about to dive into the unknown with no work lined up, and needed a laptop of my own. It makes sense for it to go back to her. She has young friends in IT close by who can support her needs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Psssst, she bought it from Costco for me while I was in Canada! I quit my permanent job by then, and was about to dive into the unknown with no work lined up, and needed a laptop of my own. It makes sense for it to go back to her. She has young friends in IT close by who can support her needs.

Costco rocks. :)

letsgotocostco.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco rocks. :)

letsgotocostco.png

Indeed. Issue I have is that, when I went with my mum, she dragged me away from the aisles that were of no interest to her, like the homeware, tech stuff etc., wherease I wanted to go up and down each aisle, bless her!

Can't wait to go and visit her and my bro, and I may have to wait until next year.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Think I might have to join you soon too. Is there a support club for people on bling ban?

Ok, I thought I might get another bling item today (and then start my bling ban) but instead had a horrendous experience at the store. The good thing is that since I didn’t get anything today -am not on a bling ban! The bad thing is that so I’m now back to obsessing about a few things...

How about we use this thread as the support club thread if @dk168 doesnt mind?

One thing that did cross my mind if I’m on a bling ban was to stop visiting PS for a while as there are just too many beautiful temptations to obsess over. Anyone else thought like that?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
One thing that did cross my mind if I’m on a bling ban was to stop visiting PS for a while as there are just too many beautiful temptations to obsess over. Anyone else thought like that?

Yep that's me! But I guess we can always have other discussions on here to keep us busy instead of talking about jewels lol avoid RT and SMTB threads ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that’s me! I just like to browse, not do targeted shopping (where’s the fun in that?)

Indeed, that's what I usually do when I go for grocery shopping, unless I am in a hurry and just need one or two things.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep that's me! But I guess we can always have other discussions on here to keep us busy instead of talking about jewels lol avoid RT and SMTB threads ;-)

I'm the opposite in that seeing other's bling satiates me in a way. So when I am not purchasing for myself I scratch the bling itch so to speak by seeing what gems PSers are getting. :appl:

But I definitely don't do well if I go food shopping while I am hungry lol.. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job I have my van to look forward to, delivery date provisionally agreed for 13 March 2021, can't wait!

DK :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Indeed, that's what I usually do when I go for grocery shopping, unless I am in a hurry and just need one or two things.

Yeah, my husband doesn’t understand. But he knows how I’m like by now so he just leaves me to browse while he does other things.

Over here we have a S$2 store called Daiso and I super love browsing in that store. Best part is even if I buy 10 things it’s just S$20 (USD15).

@icy_jade fine by me!

Group hug!

Yay!!

I find it so hard to control... that’s why the thought of a bling ban starting in Feb was so horrifying to me. But I did get so many things the past 2 months it’s quite horrifying too. Oops.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results