shape
carat
color
clarity

No idea repost2

Lisa216

Rough_Rock
Ot from no idea repost 1 and the orange on it was nailpolish something like that

20160825_132537-1.jpg

20160825_132920.jpg

20160825_132603-1.jpg

20160825_0.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me the necklace looks like imitation pearls.

The vermeil (gold plated over silver) earrings have akoya pearls, as the box indicates.

Lisa216

Rough_Rock
Thanx so i guess that means fakeor not good pearls?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imitation = fake = faux = simulated-- All these terms mean the pearls are man-made in factories. Most have glass beads inside; really cheap ones have plastic beads; some even have shell beads.

Cultured = farmed pearls. A nucleus of either tissue or a bead + tissue is surgically placed inside the mussel or oyster to stimulate it to lay down nacre over the nucleus.

Natural = wild pearls that formed in nature, without human intervention.

However, you didn't tell me whether you had tried rubbing them gently against each other? Remember I am only looking at photos while you have them in front of you. Gritty feeling = genuine nacre (usually); smooth feeling = imitation (usually). I say usually because grime can make the pearls stick a bit when rubbing, and if real pearls have been coated or polished they can feel smooth. For the brooches you can rub the pearl gently against the edge of your top front tooth. Don't rub hard or you may scratch the pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results