shape
carat
color
clarity

No Bridal Party is Rehersal Dinner Still Necessary?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
If we are not having a bridal party is a wedding rehearsal necessary or can we just talk to the coordinator and officiant about what we my FH and I) are supposed to do during the ceremony?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing in a marriage is necessary except two willing parties and the legal document proclaiming them married ;))

So... do what you like, if your officiant is a friend of the family or something, perhaps take him/her out to lunch or dinner?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you can do what you want. We're each having one attendant, but our rehearsal dinner is for all the guests (well, family and out-of-town friends which means 98% of the guest list). But if you don't want a rehearsal dinner, don't have one.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I'm also in the "do what you want" camp. I will tell you that my friends didn't even have a real rehearsal but they still had "rehearsal dinner" the night before to get everyone acquainted and thank and honor those of us who helped them plan and get everything together. It wasn't over the top or anything, just a nice meal and some wine before we all settled in for the night.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think its necessary if you dont want to do it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, it's not necessary to have a rehearsal dinner. We only had 2 attendants (MOH and BM) but we had one anyway. Most of our friends and family had traveled a good distance to attend our wedding, and we wanted to thank them for that. We also don't get to see extended family too often, and having a RD was a good way to spend some quality time with them. These could be things to think about, but you definitely don't need to have a rehearsal dinner if you don't want one.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm gonna go right ahead and ditto the "do what you want" sentiment.

Will you be having guests coming in from out of town? Perhaps instead of a "rehearsal dinner" you can host a "welcome reception" with drinks and hors d'oeuvres to, like Zoe said, thank them for traveling to your celebration.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results