shape
carat
color
clarity

Nightmares -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so this is another one of those things that I cannot discuss with anyone else in the universe except for you girls == I''m having nightmares about my wedding day. LOL, I have decided this was really triggered by the ''what''s your biggest fear'' thread from a week or so ago but whatever the cause here it is... I am absolutely terrified that no one will come to my wedding (or at least no one on my side). I have nightmares that I show up at the church and no one if there except my FI and then at the reception the dj, photographer, wait staff and us are alone in the room with all the tables set and pretty with no one sitting at them, either that or only his family shows up.

I don''t know why I''m suddenly sooo hung up on this, I think about it way more than is healthy -- Am I weird for having this fear? I mean, there are at least 40 people who I know will show up no matter what, and the majority of the other invitees should come no problem, meaning it is complete irrational and unfounded but did/does anyone else think about this?

LOL, please tell me I''m not a complete wacko guys --

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:43:19 AM
Author:sarie_j
Okay, so this is another one of those things that I cannot discuss with anyone else in the universe except for you girls == I''m having nightmares about my wedding day. LOL, I have decided this was really triggered by the ''what''s your biggest fear'' thread from a week or so ago but whatever the cause here it is... I am absolutely terrified that no one will come to my wedding (or at least no one on my side). I have nightmares that I show up at the church and no one if there except my FI and then at the reception the dj, photographer, wait staff and us are alone in the room with all the tables set and pretty with no one sitting at them, either that or only his family shows up.

I don''t know why I''m suddenly sooo hung up on this, I think about it way more than is healthy -- Am I weird for having this fear? I mean, there are at least 40 people who I know will show up no matter what, and the majority of the other invitees should come no problem, meaning it is complete irrational and unfounded but did/does anyone else think about this?

LOL, please tell me I''m not a complete wacko guys --
Now that is the really important bit - he''s the only person that needs to be there.

I really think it is 250% certain that your friends and family will be there. You''re probably just a bit stressed. Mind you, when I think of the self contortions my mind managed whilst waiting for the proposal I''m not sure I''m qualified to judge what''s whacko or not!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
oh no---i didn''t mean to cause you wedding nightmares!!
15.gif
, but ihave to say that it was some nightmares that I was having that made me think of the topic ''what is your greatest wedding day fear"...weird eh. I think we all have fears and this one will probably pass with a bit of time (or when the response cards start rolling in...)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
They''re normal - I think we angst so much over having everything just perfect, and the dreams are how we manifest what our worst-case scenarios are.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry too much about them, I think it''s completely natural to have fears like these.

*M*

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
I can say that it is completely normal to have those kinds of fears because a couple days ago I received a phone call very early from my fiancee who had had a terrible nightmare. I assured her that everything was going to go fine and that nothing was to worry about. The next morning...same thing. It''s a stressful time and with wedding things constantly running through your head you''re bound to dream about the worst case scenario.

I believe her last dream was about her forgetting to get her hair done and also forgetting her dress at home. I guess in the dream she didn''t even realize she forgot those two things until she noticed the BM''s were walking down the isle....pretty crazy lol. But rest assure that everything will go completely fine!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Sarie, it''s totally normal to dream about something that''s on your mind so frequently and is such a big and somewhat scary thing so nightmares make sense too! For me, I know something is really important to me when I start to dream about it so makes sense that this is coming up in your dreams.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much guys for making me feel better - I realize that most people will come if at all possible, and like you said pandora - as long as FI shows up then I''ll be fine, this was just my first run in with pre-wedding jitters and I had to tell someone -- I knew you guys would understand

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Any more nightmares?
Well, guess what, I had one! It was very odd, as are most of my dreams but the relevant part is it was 11 am and I realized my wedding was at 1. I didn''t understand it b/c I didn''t remember it even being September up until that moment
20.gif
so then I''m rushing around b/c I hadn''t scheduled my hair appt. but I had previously told my stylist the date. So I had my mom try to call her but the salon was saying they couldn''t give out her number. Then, I realized I hadn''t bought my undergarments yet so I was going through my drawers trying to find something to wear and pulling out all these thing that I didn''t realize I had. All of a sudden, I''m sitting on the floor by my dresser crying.
Then I wake up. Yuck! Not a fun dream! I think it came b/c I haven''t done much planning lately and have felt a little guilty.

Too much!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I had a dream that I was all ready to go, and all set, but then the officiant wasn''t there. I freaked and cried to my mom, who decided to take a NAP, and then I couldn''t see my FI because it was bad luck... then I realized I forgot to book an officiant.
23.gif

We''re still trying to find one!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I had a nightmare that I had 2 dresses (true) but that I''d brought one of my prom dresses by mistake instead of the wedding dresses home to MA right before the wedding. I FREAKED out but then realized that I could just wear the prom dress and did. I woke up right when I was "getting ready" for my wedding. It was kinda funny.

Fi told me today that he actually had a wedding nightmare last night!! He said it was one where he couldn''t get all the guys ready or moving or something and I was already t the church wiating and he just kept telling me "oh, it''s fine, we''re on our way" but he couldnt find his best man or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results