shape
carat
color
clarity

Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber''s thread got me thinking about nicknames... what are your nicknames for each other... and what do they mean? What are they from?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
No nicknames.
1st off when watching reality tv shows I never like the sound of it when people ''cheer'' on their S.O''s saying ''you can do it sweetheart!'' or other pet names. I don''t know, just sounds a little .... dismissive.

2nd reason: I had a bad habit of calling my ex by the same nickname I used for my dog.
11.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I actually really like nicknames because I know the exact mood of the conversation I am going to have by the nickname that is used. Weird, I know. DH calls me poptart (hence the screen name), and babydoll. Both mean that means it''s going to be a fun loving conversation, but I honestly don''t know why he calls me either. He also calls me honey (really boring), but usually that means he either has a problem or a question, lol. He calls me honey a lot, haha. Just kidding. I call him honey too, sometime, but actually call him mostly by his name but that''s because he''s deaf in one ear and saying his name gets his attention easier, so I know he can hear me.

*M*

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I call him Schmeebie (OK I know that''s a weird one). Here''s the story. He is the youngest of his siblings (a definite "oops baby"/"surprise") and, because of the big age difference between him and his siblings, his siblings took to calling him "Baby" as a nicname until he was around 10 years old. So, I would jokingly call him "Baby". Then "Baby" turned into "Beebee", which turned into "Beeb", which turned into "Schmeebie", and the occasional "Schmeebie McBeeb". It''s weird.

Of course, I also call him honey, sweetheart, and sweetie, butthose are common nicknames.

Since my name is Caitlin, he calls me Caitie, Cait, and Caitie-Lynn(that one he does as a joke or to annoy me). He also calls me "Small Fry" because I''m short and "Muscles" (that''s a more recent one when he got to see during our move how much weight I can lift).
28.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh man. Nicknames. Um.. He called me by my last name, which is a color. Then I called him Felix- his last name. For awhile it was Mr. Whiskers. Then it was Smacky. Then it was Fer-shtinker. Babes, babe, honey. The usual. Now? It''s almost Baby or Felix. He calls me: Boobies, Boobs, Li''l Guy, babes, babe. It''s varied.
1.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
My nickname is "WiggleButt"... *blush* I''m not telling the story...

Fortunately, he usually shortens it to "Wiggle," and other times calls me "Girl" with a kinda roll-y "r"

I don''t think I actually have a nickname for him, though I guess I do call him "Boy" occasionally.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
I call him Love, and Bebe, which is Spanish for Baby. I also call him Popo and Puftus, I have no idea where they came from but somehow they fit
1.gif

He also calls me Bebe. Because I''m short, he calls me Smurf and Munchkin. I''m also Tiger, because of the way I scrunch up my face and enjoy leisurely rubs. If I did something wrong, he calls me sweetheart in a tone I''ve come to know as trouble. Sometimes he calls me Hottie, Beautiful and Gorgeous, and now that we are married wifey is quite used.
36.gif

We hardly ever use our real names anymore.
9.gif

LuckyLady

Rough_Rock
Fatafelice-

That''s cute- we call our dog Wigglebutt! But that''s cause he literally wiggles...his butt... All the time!

I don''t have a nickname for FI but now I think I will come up with one just to torture him!
11.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
cute! I love hearing other nick name

FI and I have been together nearly 11 years so we have had countless nicknames--they change with the season and lately I have been calling him ''raisin'' b/c i teased him about the little wrinkles i now see forming around his eyes....soooo mean eh? But it is in a loving way, i promise!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I mainly call him ''baby'' and ''my love.'' He calls me ''schmoopie,'' ''lobster,'' ''sweetie,'' and ''my fiance.''

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh cute thread.

He calls me "Baby" or "cat" or "chat" (cat in french but a male cat. Who knows, it makes sense to him)

I call him: "Baby" or "Mouton" . It's sheep in french.....I know it doesn't make any sense, but one time me and my friend were having this huge debate over cloning, because Dolly the sheep, and I turned to him and asked him what he thought and he said "I like sheep" in this really thoughtful way. I thought it was really cute.

And also because his name is M a r t i n
M o u t o n

They kind of look the same. Oh well. I guess it makes about as much sense as him calling me a male cat
2.gif

And when I'm in REALLLLY BIG TROUBLE (I've only been called this twice in my WHOLE LIFE: Alice. * Ally shudders at the very thought* I do introduce myself as Alice to people I REALLY DON'T LIKE though
11.gif
. My friends know intrinsically when I dislike someone if they hear the person calling me Alice.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure why, but I''ve never called my fiance by his actual name- really, I can''t get it out to call him that to his face. And vice versa too. It sounds sooooo weird to hear him say my name.

Anyway, he calls me "my #1".. that''s what his grandfather used to call his gram, super sweet
21.gif

And we also call each other "Roo", there''s a long but fairly not interesting story behind that one. I think that''s the name that has stuck the longest, although I''m always coming up with something new and silly.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... "I love Sheep" is hysterical. Mouton. LMAO. Better than Lambchop.

Our nicknames... He''s a Pisces... and he''s Fishy. Also because he stinks. Because he''s usually right about things. STINKS
3.gif

Long story short Mine is P''Lizzy because... there''s no way to explain it briefly... but I''ve been P''Lizzy pretty much since our first year together. It''s a contraction for Pooh Lizard. P''Lizard. P''Lizzy. REALLY long story.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:50:05 PM
Author: icekid
I''m not sure why, but I''ve never called my fiance by his actual name- really, I can''t get it out to call him that to his face. And vice versa too. It sounds sooooo weird to hear him say my name.

Anyway, he calls me ''my #1''.. that''s what his grandfather used to call his gram, super sweet
21.gif

And we also call each other ''Roo'', there''s a long but fairly not interesting story behind that one. I think that''s the name that has stuck the longest, although I''m always coming up with something new and silly.

What''s the Roo story, if you don''t mind sharing?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
We usually call each other "sweetie".

Sometimes, I call him "puppy". I''m not sure why. I guess he just reminds me of a puppy, all cute and cuddly and sweet
1.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
He calls me Bambina he always has, I call him bubba.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I call him Andy Bear. (He's like a koala - very huggy. His mother said he was like it as a baby and it's nice to see it back again!)

He mainly calls me Sweetheart. His most common phrase is "oh girlfriend of little brain" (from Winnie the Pooh) because I have a habit of either believing his tall stories or saying stupid things.

We also use darling and honey - but never baby (it just sounds silly with an english accent!)

Gypsy - I used to date a pisces: He was "fishface" for 7 years!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 5:50:57 PM
Author: allycat0303
Oh cute thread.

He calls me ''Baby'' or ''cat'' or ''chat'' (cat in french but a male cat. Who knows, it makes sense to him)

I call him: ''Baby'' or ''Mouton'' . It''s sheep in french.....I know it doesn''t make any sense, but one time me and my friend were having this huge debate over cloning, because Dolly the sheep, and I turned to him and asked him what he thought and he said ''I like sheep'' in this really thoughtful way. I thought it was really cute.

M o u t o n

They kind of look the same. Oh well. I guess it makes about as much sense as him calling me a male cat
2.gif

And when I''m in REALLLLY BIG TROUBLE (I''ve only been called this twice in my WHOLE LIFE: Alice. * Ally shudders at the very thought* I do introduce myself as Alice to people I REALLY DON''T LIKE though
11.gif
. My friends know intrinsically when I dislike someone if they hear the person calling me Alice.
Haha, that cracked me up! Mouton... heh. Hey, you introduced yourself to me as Alice!
28.gif

FI likes to call me "chaton" (kitten) and I hate it! We usually called each other "mon/ma chéri(e)" (my darling), "mon coeur" (my heart) or "mon amour" (my love). Nothing really out of the ordinary. Sometimes he likes to call me "poisson" (fish) because I started college in marine biology... And I seem to be calling him silly quite a lot these days!
25.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have some weird and some funny ones...Woobie and Twiddle are two, and I am Rhonda Relentless when I want something...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
This thread is cracking me up. At first I thought we didn''t have nicknames...Then I got to thinking.............Not while the kids are up or within ear shot anyway
31.gif
! Obviously, I won''t say what those nicknames are.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 5:50:57 PM
Author: allycat0303
Oh cute thread.

He calls me ''Baby'' or ''cat'' or ''chat'' (cat in french but a male cat. Who knows, it makes sense to him)

I call him: ''Baby'' or ''Mouton'' . It''s sheep in french.....I know it doesn''t make any sense, but one time me and my friend were having this huge debate over cloning, because Dolly the sheep, and I turned to him and asked him what he thought and he said ''I like sheep'' in this really thoughtful way. I thought it was really cute.

M o u t o n

2.gif

And when I''m in REALLLLY BIG TROUBLE (I''ve only been called this twice in my WHOLE LIFE: Alice. * Ally shudders at the very thought* I do introduce myself as Alice to people I REALLY DON''T LIKE though
11.gif
Haha me too Ally. I hate when I am called Alice, drives me insane. Anyway we call each other babe. Many moons ago, he did call me Wanda when he really wanted to annoy me.
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually call each other "honey." However, I have a funny for you guys: our last name begins with the letter "O." My DH is also 6''5", and his nickname among friends has always been "Big O." As his wife, I can honestly say there is merit in this nickname, hee hee.
9.gif
But I never refer to him as that in front of anyone else...it''s just a guy nickname that has a bit of a double meaning for me, lol.

He just calls me "Honey."
9.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
We call one another the most preposterous names we can think of. The sentiment is always sincere even if the tone is wry; Snuggleguppy, Pookie, Angelmuffinsugarlipslovemonkey... the more ridiculous the better.

If I''ve done something that''s made him proud, he''ll use ''my lil ____''. If I was out wrestling lions with my bare hands, he''d say ''my lil lion tamer''.
20.gif
I try not to admit it, but I think it''s totally cute when he does that.
41.gif

We also use ''beloved'' a fair bit over IM. I think I use ''sweets'' when trying to get his attention, i.e. "Sweets? Are you there?".

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We call each other "puppy" but I have no clue why. He calls me "honey" a lot. I often refer to him by his last name. Or Mr. HisLastName because he used to work at a school and a lot of his friends refer to him thisway.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M has always called me ''dear'' or ''babe'' or ''hottie'' generally. For a while he was calling me ''possum'', but that I killed that off pretty quick ''cos it made me feel about 3 years old... plus he calls Bubbles, one of our dogs, possum
40.gif
(!!!) To other people he occasionally refers to me as ''my missus'', which I hate! I call him ''bubby'' (easier than ''baby''!) and ''shnuggles'' or ''pumpkin'' if I''m in a silly or overly affectionate mood
41.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Oh I like this topic!!!
Wow I haven''t been on PS in forever! hello again everyone!!!!

Alright heres our nicknames!

Him: My Prince; he got this because hes a prince charming to me, Cuddle Bear; he loves to cuddle me in his "bear" arms (muscles), Stinker; he got this because he farted one night so I called him a stinker and it just stuck, Gar-Bear; his mom and sis call him this so I do to occasionally.

Me: My Angel; because I saved him like an angel, Cuddle Bug; when we sleep we cuddle and spoon but I like to curl up in a ball like a rolly poly so he started calling me this,
I got the name Stinky because I was too tired to take a shower one night ( I know ewww) so he teased me and called me STINKY!

we call each other stinker and stinky mainly and cuddle bug and cuddle bear
41.gif

I love every ones random nicknames its so sweet!

We dont call one another honey or sweetie unless were being silly or being stupid about something lol!
35.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I love nicknames. They had this on the radio on Friday; I guess for Valentine''s Day and all that. Anyway, one lady said she calls her husband "petunia." Haha. Love it!

I call Paul several names: Pauly, Pauly Wally *an old song his mom made for him when he was a baby started that*, Precious Pauly, my boy, and Sugar Bear.

He calls me a few things, too: Jenny, my girl, my wifey *that''s the new one!!*, baby girl, blondie *that''s when I''m being scatter brained*, Sugar Baby, and sweetie pie girl.

I call him Pauly more than I call him Paul, which he won''t let anyone else do, but when I don''t say it for a while, he asks me what''s wrong. I guess he''s grown to like it.
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... I guess I''m odd. FI and I don''t really have any nicknames for each other. Sometimes he calls me "klutz" when I do something stupid like fall down the stairs or walk into the wall... and "princess" when I ask him to do something for me, but neither of those are really terms of endearment! Sometimes it''s "hon" or "babe" but nothing that really has stuck. I don''t have any for him either. All his friends call him everything under the sun and mine have a few names for me too, so maybe we''re the only ones that call each other by our real names!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread and I''m completely jealous
11.gif
We don''t really have nicknames --- and we don''t really call each other by our first names either. I dunno how that works. To hear him call me "jen" would seem strange. Twice he called me "jenny" just to make me mad. Sometimes I call him "baby" but that''s completely un-original since I''ve called past bf''s that.
20.gif
Now you guys got me thinkin'' I should come up with one for him.... i really *wish* he''d call me a pet name once in a while -- it''s very sweet.
jen

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
He''s ''poopy'' and I''m ''jelly bean''. I have honestly NO idea where they came from but we''ve been using them forever
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results