shape
carat
color
clarity

Nice Ice rejected a diamond I was ready to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

The-Betrothed

Rough_Rock
Nice but not nice enough.

Robin and Todd from Nice Ice let me know of a stone that was very similar to the two I was comparing in my last post. I was essentially ready to buy completely based on their opinion. This stone did not meet their standards, however, and the explanation is worthy of posting here.

This is definitely a cautionary tale to any internet consumers. Don't trust buying a stone from someone who has not seen it yet themselves.

Thanks Mara for your pick I agree with you and am going with diamond A from my previous post.

It's a 1.23 G VS2 and I am very excited. This is my first diamond purchase and the most expensive thing I have ever bought over the net, but I have no reservations at all with NiceIce. Thanks Robin and Todd for the help.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Your lucky few of the internet jewelers will do that for a customer.

They are another great company that got kicked off of DT. Glad to have them over here
1.gif

Tread lightly through internet and carry a big scope
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Applause, Applause for the stand up business practices of Nice Ice. Great TESTIMONIAL to their character, ethics, and customer care!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
. double post

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay at least someone listens to me. Now if only I can train the fiance...
2.gif

Congrats on the stone..it sounds very lovely. Would love to see pix when you get it! I am sure it will knock your socks off. We love those 1.23c G VS's...I have one myself--though with the type of cut that I got, the spread makes it look like a 1.35c...extra perk!

2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to let everyone know that NiceIce was kicked of DT (diamond talk.com) only because they stood up for another vendor who they believed was kicked off unreasonably because that vendor left a message for everyone on DT about how busy they were.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/15/2003 3:43
6.gif
8 AM pyramid wrote:

Just to let everyone know that NiceIce was kicked of DT (diamond talk.com) only because they stood up for another vendor who they believed was kicked off unreasonably because that vendor left a message for everyone on DT about how busy they were.
----------------

pyramid - interesting you should bring this up. I got done reading about 200+ postings under that 1 thread yesterday evening. It's probably the longest thread I've ever read in all my years on the internet dating back to 93. Very interesting reading but since it happened last year and I was not involved then, I'll reserve my personal judgement coz' it is meaningless to comment either way.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I posted good byes from the fallen members and got hacked
2.gif
Nice Ice was sticking up for rhino that got kicked off for self promoting ? After you put in 3000 posts for free helping people and helping build his site dont you think you should be able to say something simple like go look at my site?

Anyway we have the cream of the crop over here
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Jlim~

There is nothing at Diamond Talk unless you want info on CZ's or want to try to sell something. There is no resource of information at Diamond Talk like Price Scope has. And, there are not many experts left to help with questions or give information. What else would you expect from a site hosted by eBay. eBay makes more money if you don't know what you're doing. All you have to do is check out inventories in their list of Vendors to realize that.

One expert has managed to stay in their good graces. Wink Jones. But he's more into fancy cuts of colored gemstones.

I am a verified eBay user. I've often wondered if they would kick me off. Probably should go post something controversial and see if I get the boot.
naughty.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
pq - there might not be anything useful there now. I'm not sure. I wasn't following current discussion. I just happen to do a google search on certain parameters and it brought me to diamondtalk and that one thread I'm sure no one wants to bring up ever again. 200+ replies on that 1 thread.

I did enjoy reading "cupid's adventure" though on DT. Now, that's a great story. The ending is almost like a M. Knight Syamalan movie
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, Cupid's was a great story. A true classic that set the bar sky-high for other guys!
2.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
hess88 - yeah, cupid's adventure was indeed a very good story. I remember seeing references to your nickname there too.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Aaahhhh Cupid's story! That is the best!
love.gif

I was still in the decision phase of whether or not to go with White Flash. Lesley and I left it that I would think over the weekend and get back to her the next week.

Over the weekend, I decided to see what the folks on PS and DT had to say about WF. I found Cupid's story on DT. It was GREAT. And what a wonderful way to leave the story too. The secret for the ages. Which diamond did they pick?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results