shape
carat
color
clarity

Niagara Falls Proposal Ideas Needed

john4552011

Rough_Rock
Hello I will be going to Niagara Falls for two nights. I have been with my girl friend for 4.5 years I am only 22 years old, but I believe its time. We have been living with each other for 1 year and this is the person I will be with the rest of my life. We both finished college early and have professional jobs.

I have planned a trip to niagara falls for two nights and then left one night open to get away from the tourist area and would like to relax either in Toronto or Niagara on the lake (open to other suggestions). My plan is to make the proposal and then for our third night where ever I decide to go, have the room setup with roses in the room etc. But the big question is where to propose. I am not the kind of person to propose at a restaurant. I think this is something that is very important that will be remembered the rest of our lives and I want it to be extra nice. I was thinking from leaving niagara falls stop at the niagara park, one of the gardens and do it there on the way to niagara on the lake. I like to be romantic and I usually have very good ideas but this one I am over thinking? I like to do surprises. I think she is expecting something so I am not going to do it till the second or third night. I will make it seem like nothing is going on once I get there.

So my question to you is what are some of the best proposal ideas around that area that you have heard of? I am brain storming hear, I like to do things big but she would kill me if I did it infront of tons of people.

bk123

Rough_Rock
The Botanical Gardens are very nice, or Queenston Heights. You could take a carriage ride through Niagara-on-the-lake, there's a gazebo by the lake, they have small weddings there once in a while.

john4552011

Rough_Rock
I like both of those ideas. Do people normally do it more in the day light or at night? What would be more romantic to do?

bk123

Rough_Rock
Well there isn't a ton of lighting at either places. Both places are pretty touristy so during the day it's probably pretty busy. Maybe after dinner for either of them? There's also the butterfly conservatory(I don't know their hours of operation) at the botanical gardens. The cable cars that go over the falls might be cool too?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

Well if you're planning on Toronto, how about Casa Loma, I've never been but I was on their site and they suggest doing proposals in the beautiful gardens during a treasure hunt. I don't know how she feels about castles but oh it's so romantic. Good luck on whatever you decide . Please let us know how it went.Here's the link http://www.casaloma.org/Catering/catering_package.asp

john4552011

Rough_Rock
Is there any lake resorts near Niagara Falls? Excluded area that we can relax I think thats more us

nurse

Rough_Rock
I also think Castle Loma, in Toronto is a beautiful choice!
Some other options though are maid of the mist (It's the boat that goes right up to the falls), or maybe one of the amusement park rides near the tourist street (I think it's called Clifton Hill?). From what I remember they have a large ferris wheel that overlooks the falls, which I think would be super romantic especially at night when the falls are lit up (but maybe that's just me!)

Good luck with your choice!

john4552011

Rough_Rock
The Casa Loma I do like that idea a lot. I am going to give them a call to see what else I can do with that. They have on their website that they give you a tour and then close the doors behind you in the conservatory. Seems very nice. Then I can have a nice hotel room waiting in Toronto that day after the proposal. Maybe I can get a photographer there or something to get it a little more exciting.

john4552011

Rough_Rock
Well by contacting many locations, trying to figure something out. I decided to stay the last night in Niagara on the lake. The hotel I found is absolutely the best, they suggested something for me and I think it would be great. No other hotel was willing to do so. They are going to have a horse and carriage pick us up at the hotel and bring us for a tour and to dinner. Then after dinner they are sending a vehicle to pick us up. When the send the shuttle out they are going to go in the room and setup rose pedals and candles throughout the room. So when we come back from dinner I will pop the question in the room. Cheesy romantic enough? Comments please.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
aww John It sounds very nice, I'm sure she'll be thrilled, oh and make sure there's a bottle of cilled champagne and 2 flutes waiting for you also.When are you planning on proposing? Please come back and let us know how it went.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results