shape
carat
color
clarity

Niagara area shopping...deals to be had across the border!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
My family is taking me on a much needed (and much deserved they tell me), vacation to the beautiful Niagara On the Lake area.
We plan to cross the border, into the US since there are outlet stores right there (only 5 minutes from the Cdn/US border), and wondered if anyone has been there recently? I have heard a few ladies tell me they bought a pair of Nike shoes, that were about $30, compared to the $90 price tag on the Cdn side of the Falls (Rainbow outlet Mall I believe). She also said she bought a butter leather Coach bag, for about $ 40 (WOW). Apparently there are ads for 60-80% savings there (US side), so why not drive the extra mile across, to take advantage of the great deals! Are there any stores you can recommend, that I should definitely seek out ? Thanks

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Beau,

That''s so nice that your family is taking you to Niagara on the Lake. Have you been there before? It is very beautiful. I am sure you will have a wonderful time there.

I was at the outlets several years ago. Here is the link: http://www.fashionoutletsniagara.com/index.htm, which lists the shops and you will also want to look into the green card for additional savings if you plan to shop at any of the stores listed.

I do not have any specific recommendations for shopping. There are shops both inside and outside. I was just up in Niagara Falls a few weeks ago and drove by the outlets. I noticed they have both the US and Canada flags alternating, one after another, which I thought was interesting. They really rely on the business from Canada because Niagara Falls, NY is very depressed economically, and has been for decades, as most industry in the area shut down decades ago. So, unfortunately, there is not much else to do in NF, NY.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reply Vintage! I just got back late last night. We stayed on this side of the border (the kids didn't want to go across to the US). I did some shopping at the outlet mall here, it was crazy busy, with some deals to be had. The Coach outlet was fabulous, and I got a great bag for $90 (reg. $ 400). WOW!!
I looked across to the other side, the bridge didn't seem too busy, so I thought it would be great to visit the US mall, for more great deals, but shopping with three males, is a bit of a challenge! lol. I would love to get there again in the fall..so thanks for the link to that shopping site, I will definitely check it out!
I will post pics of my new Coach bag in the show me your Coach thread! Thanks again!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 7:31:25 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Hi Beau,

That''s so nice that your family is taking you to Niagara on the Lake. Have you been there before? It is very beautiful. I am sure you will have a wonderful time there.

I was at the outlets several years ago. Here is the link: http://www.fashionoutletsniagara.com/index.htm, which lists the shops and you will also want to look into the green card for additional savings if you plan to shop at any of the stores listed.

I do not have any specific recommendations for shopping. There are shops both inside and outside. I was just up in Niagara Falls a few weeks ago and drove by the outlets. I noticed they have both the US and Canada flags alternating, one after another, which I thought was interesting. They really rely on the business from Canada because Niagara Falls, NY is very depressed economically, and has been for decades, as most industry in the area shut down decades ago. So, unfortunately, there is not much else to do in NF, NY.
Yeah..that''s what I heard..very sad! The price of gas near the border was LOW..surprisingly. I guess they need to compete, because if I lived that close to the border, with the dollar being a bit better these days, I''d likely cross the border, into the US, for shopping and gas!! I have been to the Niagara area before, it''s abot 6 hrs away..so pretty there..lots to see and do on the Canadian side. I haven''t been to NF or Buffalo, NY in about 10 years though. Even the outlet mall on the Cdn side has expanded quite alot since I''ve been there last.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Beau,

I''m glad you had a good trip. Yes, the Niagara area is very beautiful. I only spent a few hours on the Canadian side, about a year ago, but it was so pretty and charming. I bet they had lots of farm stands set up with locally grown veggies. My favorite!! Six hours is not a bad drive, and it is a very nice place to get away, for sure.

Sounds like you had very successful shopping too! Good for you! I''ll keep an eye out for your new Coach bag. If you do make it to the US side on a future trip, here''s the link for the Walden Galleria in Buffalo. I don''t know if it was there, or perhaps it''s been expanded, since you were in Buffalo last. Lots more shopping, and it''s right off the I-90. It''s probably 30 minutes from Niagara Falls.

Glad you had a nice trip. I bet it''s nice to be home too. It always is nice to be back home after a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results