shape
carat
color
clarity

Next project - wedding bands!!

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Thank you all for the love for the amazing Heritage OEC delicate halo engagement ring Jonathan made for us! I need some help selecting a wedding band that will look perfect with the e-ring. Seeing as most lab diamond bands are ordered online, I can’t really try before I buy with this!

1) I LOVE eternity bands. I am a 4.25 (after three kids) and don’t plan to gain much more weight over my life but who knows - should I size up to a 4.5 for an eternity?

2) what size mm diamonds/total carat weight/width of ring should I be looking at so as not to dwarf my e-ring? I much prefer when the prongs l are pinched in toward the center between diamonds to give a scalloped/floating appearance

3) WHO do I go to for this? Time is of the essence as we decided to go the courthouse route for our wedding (soon!) and celebrate with friends and family later on.

Since time is of the essence, if the eternity is not possible right now, we will buy a simple platinum ring or similar for me now and save the eternity for our July 2022 celebration. BUT I still need to figure out the answers to these questions! E-ring attached for reference (and because im obsessed) 12D1FD1A-C0E2-4C49-A934-FBF6930678DE.jpeg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If time is of the essence I would get a plain plat band for now and do the eternity later. Most vendors don’t stock your size, shipping times are super slow right now, and the headache of returns getting the diamond size and color right wouldn’t be a big deal in normal times but might really frustrate you as you plan a courthouse wedding and have a deadline.

Does the band need to be MMD? At this size you might have more options trying on in person with natural diamonds.

If you are sentimental and concerned about finger size fluctuations you could go up a 1/4 size like you suggest and add sizing beads that could be removed later, or do a half or 3/4 eternity that has the potential to be resized (as always, within limits).

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I also think it’d be worth considering 3/4 eternity ring or a slightly bigger size + sizing beads. I don’t think it’s necessarily to do with weight but knuckles can get bigger in old age too.

Does the eternity need to be lab diamonds? You’d probably have more options with mined diamonds. Or you could at least try some bands on to see what size stones you’d like.

Last edited:

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
If time is of the essence I would get a plain plat band for now and do the eternity later. Most vendors don’t stock your size, shipping times are super slow right now, and the headache of returns getting the diamond size and color right wouldn’t be a big deal in normal times but might really frustrate you as you plan a courthouse wedding and have a deadline.

Does the band need to be MMD? At this size you might have more options trying on in person with natural diamonds.

If you are sentimental and concerned about finger size fluctuations you could go up a 1/4 size like you suggest and add sizing beads that could be removed later, or do a half or 3/4 eternity that has the potential to be resized (as always, within limits).

Thank you! I saw something simple at blue Nile that still has a little shine - unsure how it’ll look with the e-ring though. It doesn’t have to be MMD! I just personally love the science behind MMD (I am a science nerd!). Who typically applies sizing beads - can I take to any local jeweler? This is the BN band I like - which could later be worn as a RHR when I get the eternity. 279B6F79-95C6-49E1-A4E9-A144639AE594.png

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
I also think it’d be worth considering 3/4 eternity ring or a slightly bigger size + sizing beads. I don’t it’s necessarily to do with weight but knuckles can get bigger in old age too.

Does the eternity need to be lab diamonds? You’d probably have more options with mined diamonds. Or you could at least try some bands on to see what size stones you’d like.

Thank you! Do 3/4 rings generally spin? That is my only concern, but perhaps it is not really something I should worry about. They don’t need to be lab diamonds, I just personally enjoy the science behind the lab ones! We may go try some on at a brick and mortar store, however probably won’t buy from it due to markup - I always feel bad about this, as I hate wasting anyone’s time!

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I’ve got a couple of 3/4 eternity and they do spin in winter but that’s because I sized up a bit for my fingers swelling in summer.

With regards to BN, I’ve bought several times from them and would say that that the platinum bands are nice quality but not wow. With the prices that come up on my British version of the website, I’d lean towards a band from Tiffany’s or another high end jeweller at a similar price point but likely to be more sparkly.

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
I’ve got a couple of 3/4 eternity and they do spin in winter but that’s because I sized up a bit for my fingers swelling in summer.

With regards to BN, I’ve bought several times from them and would say that that the platinum bands are nice quality but not wow. With the prices that come up on my British version of the website, I’d lean towards a band from Tiffany’s or another high end jeweller at a similar price point but likely to be more sparkly.

Thank you for this input! I haven’t looked anywhere else yet, but will check out others!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go full eternity and perhaps go up the 1/4 size that you mentioned. I have a Memoire shared prong eternity band with 4-pointers (band width around 2.3mm), and I think it's the perfect size not to dwarf an e-ring. Their prongs tend to be closer to the center as well, for the more scalloped look. Whiteflash and BGD also have their own versions of this, but I fell in love with how low-set and comfortable the Memoire bands were.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go full eternity, size up and .10 stones

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
D30F0A15-DB9B-42C8-BF37-22EA0F8150A0.png Considering this one while I wait to design an eternity band - it uses ACA diamonds so I’m sure it will be impressive.

does anyone know if white flash engraves? Wed like to put our scheduled court date in the rings (we should know this date by Tuesday)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results