shape
carat
color
clarity

Newt Gingrich Attacks Megyn Kelly

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night Newt Gingrich, a spokesman for Donald Trump, attacked Megyn Kelly while she was attempting to interview him on television. It was a really shocking display when seen, with a poised and elegant Ms. Kelly sitting still in the face of a ranting Mr. Gingrich, his face crumpled in anger, not allowing her to get a word in edgewise, trying to force her to say, "Bill Clinton is a sexual predator". Newt Gingrich, who served his wife who had cancer, with divorce papers while she was receiving treatment in the hospital, is one of the people I like least in American politics. He is in prime form in this taped segment.

Link...http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/anger-issues-newt-gingrich-megyn-kelly-take-gloves-live-tv-n672941

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link in the post above, if viewed alone, does not give a complete impression of the interview by Megyn Kelly. Far too much has been cut out of it. The link below is to the complete interview (which is not long). It shows how fully Ms. Kelly answered Mr. Gingrich's questions and how badly he badgered her.

Complete interview...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Uhd8Jg8P4

AGBF

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, it kind of depresses me how these guys keep digging the holes deeper. I have always disliked Gingrich, but at least he impressed me as an intelligent and thoughtful man. I guess he's spent all his life in a bubble where poor people make themselves poor because their inherently evil and stupid, and women cause men to harass them by their natural tendency to radiate horrible sexual energy. And no one has challenged him on it, because he doesn't associate with people who (1) disagree with him and (2) have enough power to make him listen.

When I was a kid I remember hearing all the pundits talking about how the democratic party was about to implode, and in a few years there would be two Republican parties and the Republicans would have every office in the entire country. I thought it was hot air then, and I see that I was right. I have to take this one seriously though--the Republican strategies all involve gerrymandering and muckraking and assorted nasty commercials. It just isn't going to cut it in the information age.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newt Gingrich, a serial cheater, a deplorable.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link. My mother told me about it. She and I think Megyn Kelly is the biggest snot ever; my mother calls her "Barbie." Good for Newt for bucking Ms. Me-Firster! (BIG horse laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it is all over the news now. But had it not been for this exchange the other news media would not care about anything Megyn Kelly says because she is on Fox. Its only when something like this comes up does it make the rest of the media. Hillary's mountain of crap doesn't play or sell.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta27|1477494629|4090709 said:
Thanks for the link. My mother told me about it. She and I think Megyn Kelly is the biggest snot ever; my mother calls her "Barbie." Good for Newt for bucking Ms. Me-Firster! (BIG horse laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

What are you talking about? Did you even watch the interview? Ms. Kelly steamrolled that idiot and maintained poise, grace, intelligence, and sternness throughout the entire thing, which was mostly comprised of him sputtering and trying desperately to scold her. He's a total schmuck, and she was flawless. Oh, and by the way? Calling someone "Barbie" is not an insult. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1477496309|4090720 said:
Well it is all over the news now. But had it not been for this exchange the other news media would not care about anything Megyn Kelly says because she is on Fox. Its only when something like this comes up does it make the rest of the media. Hillary's mountain of crap doesn't play or sell.
Yup, The liberal media don't mention anything about the Dems. Emails nor the disastrous ACA.. :rolleyes: there is one thing I'd agree with Trump the media is definitely against him.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rage towards women makes me very, very sad for you.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh...

We are stuck with that mountain of crap. My hope (I have sweet little pink cloud hopes...) is that she realizes that she will never win a second term. With that realization, she enters the white house and kicks butt. I hope that she doesn't play sweet politics for fear of not getting elected on the second term. Believe me, if the GOP is smart, they will polish up Rubio, or some other pretty, young candidate and put him up against her and watch her fall.

So yeah, we have her mountain of crap...and she better go into the white house and get some stuff done!

This business of the old GOP members digging in their heels and getting even MORE sexist toward the women who are standing up for themselves is an old tactic. These old white men have done it with every bit of positive change that has come their way...gay marriage, desegregation, equal rights, slavery, etc....

Now, they are being asked to treat women as equals? Asked to treat them with respect??? How appalling!!! No, their superiority is at stake!

I seriously can't take this anymore. These people are troglodytes. My heart is heavy.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've always thought Newt Gingrich was scum. All he wants is to be on TV and have people talking about him again, he couldn't care less about anything else. His political career was always about feeding his ego, and never about America. And he's still like that.

Dancing Fire|1477497649|4090725 said:
Yup, The liberal media don't mention anything about the Dems. Emails nor the disastrous ACA.. :rolleyes: there is one thing I'd agree with Trump the media is definitely against him.
What? The media is constantly talking about the stupid Wikileaks stuff, Bill Clinton's sexual past, the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi and her emails and so on and so forth. If the media never covered these topics, then how is it we all know about it?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PS basket of deplorables tippeth over.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta-

You posted this:

with which I disagree but also this

AdaBeta27|1477361851|4090272 said:
Glad to hear he's making a recovery. :) My male cat with FUS had a couple episodes of slight amounts of blood in his urine after he had a blockage cleared. The vet prescribed an anti-inflammatory to be used to treat pain and inflammation. The entire issue seems to have gone away with dietary modifications. Royal Canin SO and Friskies canned, chicken breast, fish, shrimp are all okay to eat. No blockages or flare-ups since probably 2007. Maybe even 2006.

which I found kind.

You seem to like cats. Maybe even other animals?

Deb :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know who she was before the election, and I've seen her in action only a couple of times.

What I've seen, I like, though. She seems smart, and tough. I don't know if she's neutral or fair in her reporting because I haven't seen her enough, but overall, I like her. I think she handled the interview really well (same with the couple of others I've seen) - she just doesn't flinch - and it doesn't seem "put on" or over the top just to make it entertaining. The toughness (or sternness, like monarch said) is genuine. I like that.

And yes, AdaBeta was really kind about my kitty. Hi ada.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that this is yet another example of men fighting women becoming their equal.

Kudos to Kelly!

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

:shock: You don't have to like someone. But I guess it makes you happy seeing someone you dislike treated disrespectfully and with false information?

For the record, I'm not a fan of Megyn Kelly. However, I don't agree with Newt's treatment of her. Nor were the words he said factually correct. She has been treated badly on twitter and social media. I don't like her but am not attacking her, especially when she is not at fault.

Edited/correction : I don't dislike HER, but rather disagree with her on many points. Therefore wouldn't normally sit around and watch her show. Although, I have lately agreed with her on some statements regarding Trump.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1477497649|4090725 said:

I have read and heard so much about her emails. Are you kidding? I grew tired of the Trump tape when it was played for the thousandth time, I am also weary of the millionth email conversation.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Megyn Kelly is the only decent person of all the reporters I have seen on Fox news.

She is so poised and is the only one there who gives any kind of balanced view.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1477498605|4090730 said:
Sigh...

We are stuck with that mountain of crap. My hope (I have sweet little pink cloud hopes...) is that she realizes that she will never win a second term. With that realization, she enters the white house and kicks butt. I hope that she doesn't play sweet politics for fear of not getting elected on the second term.

It is entirely possible she could win a second term, if she does a good job for the coalition who elects her, and keeps the support of those groups, especially women. No one thought Obama could do it either, but he did. I wouldn't count her out for a second term.

Believe me, if the GOP is smart, they will polish up Rubio, or some other pretty, young candidate and put him up against her and watch her fall.

Since the 2012 postmortem has there been anything at all to make you think the Republicans are smart? Somebody did a pretty good job on that analysis in 2012, and yet the Republican party ignored ALL of it and fielded Trump. They HAD Rubio, and others who were minimally sane, and who did they allow to be picked? The whack-job. At the speed they're moving (old-dude-using-a-walker speed) four years is not going to make all that much difference because the last 4 sure didn't.

So yeah, we have her mountain of crap...and she better go into the white house and get some stuff done!

People can believe whatever they want about Clinton, but no one can claim she is not one of the shrewdest politicians out there. There will be no break-in period for her like there was for Obama. She's going to come out playing hardball. They beat the crap out of her for 20 years. Why would anyone think she wouldn't play that way? She learned it early in self defense. Bank on it.

This business of the old GOP members digging in their heels and getting even MORE sexist toward the women who are standing up for themselves is an old tactic. These old white men have done it with every bit of positive change that has come their way...gay marriage, desegregation, equal rights, slavery, etc....
Now, they are being asked to treat women as equals? Asked to treat them with respect??? How appalling!!! No, their superiority is at stake!

The Republican platform is still medieval, they shut down any semblance of a "big tent" when they doubled-down on white identity, and the members simply can't keep themselves from insulting every single group they need to continue to be viable going forward. Putting all your eggs in one racial and cultural basket when that demographic is dying off at a bigger clip than the other groups are growing, is political suicide. At they've eaten it up like candy. So they can dig their heels in, pretty soon it's going to be 6 feet under. I'd say it's already about 3 feet down.

I seriously can't take this anymore. These people are troglodytes. My heart is heavy.
It is very depressing isn't it?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1477516750|4090885 said:
Megyn Kelly is the only decent person of all the reporters I have seen on Fox news.

She is so poised and is the only one there who gives any kind of balanced view.

I don't watch her much, for the obvious reason that I don't watch Fox News (or any TV news, actually), but I certainly know who she is, and I too see her as one of the more serious news people on Fox. She has grown over the years from what I have seen. By her poise and focus in this case, she certainly made Gingrich look like an a**, although him looking/acting like that is hardly a stretch.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well said, ksinger. The GOP won't learn anything in four years they haven't learned and ignored in the past eight. They must move on social and race/immigration issues, or they die as a party (and hopefully start anew- apparently that's what Evan McMullin is trying to lead). There is nowhere else for them to go, especially as minority populations grow and children grow up in increasingly more tolerant households. That loud, low-information, xenophobic base is hard for them to shake, though, no doubt. I don't envy them, but I have no pity for them, either.

And yes, I see stuff about wikileaks ALL THE TIME on the news, and the ACA too in the last few days, though few actually understand what the news actually means.

Newt is an a$$, as is Giuliani these days. They've thoroughly embarrassed themselves as surrogates this time 'round. Kelly kept her cool and came out of it looking much better.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting article just posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/business/media/megyn-kellys-pivotal-moment-in-a-post-ailes-era-at-fox-news.html

I have watched her quite a bit since she took Hannity's spot last year. I can't stand him. She will go after everyone but she has had a bit of a vendetta against Trump in the past few months. She does go after Hillary's scandals too though so she might be a good fit as a more impartial and balanced person (than what they have now) on another network (CNN) if she leaves Fox. I really want balanced news that delivers all the info on important issues and not someone's opinion.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the trick to get more articles from the NYT? :razz:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1477523028|4090935 said:
What's the trick to get more articles from the NYT? :razz:

Clear your browser cookies. I forget who told me that a few weeks ago.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1477526346|4090946 said:
Megyn Kelly getting after Donna Brazile dodging the questions. But somehow this did not make all the news outlets. Wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rJiPIqGhg

I don't know. If someone repeatedly and seemingly deliberately called me "honey" and "Kelly" (the wrong first name) I'd be inclined to dig in even deeper as well! Maybe the paid-off media didn't run it because it made Donna Brazile look bad? :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477528227|4090959 said:
redwood66|1477526346|4090946 said:
Megyn Kelly getting after Donna Brazile dodging the questions. But somehow this did not make all the news outlets. Wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rJiPIqGhg

I don't know. If someone repeatedly and seemingly deliberately called me "honey" and "Kelly" (the wrong first name) I'd be inclined to dig in even deeper as well! Maybe the paid-off media didn't run it because it made Donna Brazile look bad? :lol:

:lol: It sure did make her look bad.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1477497996|4090727 said:
Your rage towards women makes me very, very sad for you.

+1,000. WOW!!!

You obviously didn't watch the clip Ada Beta. Megan Kelly could not are handled herself more professional. Newt looked like an absolute ass!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I used to work for a very nice, small town, self-made man who was very politically involved locally and had many connections among the bigger national politicians. He and his best friend made frequent trips to D.C. to meet with congressmen, senators and Pentagon bigwigs about issues they had interest and some influence in. He was well known in those circles.

One day, when Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House, his aide called to request a meeting with my boss during his upcoming visit to D.C. (Word had gotten out that my boss was going to be in town, and even the Speaker wanted to talk to him. That's how influential my boss was in his tiny town with his tiny business.) My boss wasn't in the office at the time, so I took a phone number and said I would have him call back.

The really fun part is that my boss, looking at the message, said "I don't want to see that jackass, and he'll be waiting a long time to get a meeting with me. I've got more important things to do when I'm there." :o We never returned the call.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The years have not tempered his jackass-ness a whit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1478037697|4092757 said:
I used to work for a very nice, small town, self-made man who was very politically involved locally and had many connections among the bigger national politicians. He and his best friend made frequent trips to D.C. to meet with congressmen, senators and Pentagon bigwigs about issues they had interest and some influence in. He was well known in those circles.

One day, when Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House, his aide called to request a meeting with my boss during his upcoming visit to D.C. (Word had gotten out that my boss was going to be in town, and even the Speaker wanted to talk to him. That's how influential my boss was in his tiny town with his tiny business.) My boss wasn't in the office at the time, so I took a phone number and said I would have him call back.

The really fun part is that my boss, looking at the message, said "I don't want to see that jackass, and he'll be waiting a long time to get a meeting with me. I've got more important things to do when I'm there." :o We never returned the call.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The years have not tempered his jackass-ness a whit.

I wish Megyn kelly could read this story, although I am sure she has read many like it. Thanks for sharing, Holly.

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results