shape
carat
color
clarity

NewHere, just inherited my mother's jewelry - Opals galore! help please

GucciCowgirl

Rough_Rock
So I am familiar with the milky white opals, but its difficult for me to figure out what types of opals I've now been handed down, I have never seen them before. And, if I want to sell off some, how much (ballpark) might they be worth. Here are some pics: image2.JPG image1.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image5.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

GucciCowgirl

Rough_Rock
FullSizeRender (1).jpg And some more: FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! You have some really pretty pieces there, I am no expert on opals but I think the Orange one in the ring might be a Mexican fire opal. I'm sure some other opal people will weigh in as well.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! You have some really pretty pieces there, I am no expert on opals but I think the Orange one in the ring might be a Mexican fire opal. I'm sure some other opal people will weigh in as well.
@jordyonbass might be able to comment - I'm not sure!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, the first ring is Mexican Fire Opal or possibly a man made one. Value if natural and set in 14kt gold, probably $500 or so. If set in plated metal or silver, more likely man made and $50.
The necklace, if not set in gold, might actually be man made synthetic opal.
If set in gold and genuine opal, probably $3,000 plus
If set in silver and genuine opal, probably around $800.
If set in silver with man made opals, probably $200
The earrings, sorry photo too small, I can’t see the gems. If set in gold around $80.
The pendant could be black opal if the white gems test as diamonds.
If gold, black opal and diamonds $1,000 plus.
Otherwise it could be good quality man made opal set with white sapphires, if set in gold $200 or so, if silver or plated metal $50..
The bead necklace could be either Ethiopian/ Welo opals or Australian opal. If findings (clasp bits) are gold, $200/ $300 for Ethiopian opal, $400 / $500 for Australian opal. If clasp isn’t hallmarked gold drop prices by about $100.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results