shape
carat
color
clarity

Newborn/Big Brother Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, PS Mommies (and others
35.gif
)

As a far-from-mommy, I am always puzzled as to what to buy for parents of babies that will be cute but also useful. DH's good friend's wife just had a baby girl this morning and I'd love to send something for the new little one and for her big brother (big bro is just over 2, I believe)...

Any good ideas? I did some searches but I'm not crazy about anything I've seen. I'm looking to spend about $50-75 altogether for both gifts.

Thanks so much!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about a good gift for a 2 year old, maybe a book? Oh, or maybe a DVD of a movie assuming the parents are ok with the kid watching TV of course. I would imagine that if I had a 2 year old and am feeling sluggish after a newborn, I''d like something to entertain and keep him in one spot. But again, I don''t have a 2 year old.

I always recommend the following for gifts for a newborn:

1. Diapers-not a "sexy" gift but sooo needed and preferably in sizes 1 or 2 that she can use for later.

2. Gift card

3. Homedics Lullaby Sound n Spa Machine which you can get at BBB for $20 (it''s more expensive elsewhere for some reason).

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My SIL recently had their second baby and big bro is 2. We just got clothes for the baby because big bro''s stuff didn''t fit and for big bro, I found a HUGE stuffed dog. It''s big enough that he can "ride" on it and fluffy enough that he wants to get off mom''s lap to play on it instead. SIL has said that it is great because she doesn''t feel guilty about not holding big bro since he''s perfectly content on the big dog.

Other ideas for big bro are games that he can play with mom and dad, so he still knows he''s special. And, big boy things to get him happy to be losing the "baby" spot like building toys or art supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results