shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with tons of questions.. bear with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock

Okay. So, I am starting to look at rings and want to have some ideas in my head prior to heading out to jewlers or online. I have been crusing this site and others for diamond leanring, diamond ideas, setting ideas, shape ideas. Two or three VERY different styles have caught my eye and want to get some input from all of you wisened diamond buyers/gurus/etc...

Let''s start with this one first. It''s "a la" Ritani.. made by a local designer, a bit cheaper setting and with the ability to choose stones, but also I think a bit chunkier than Ritani, which I don''t particularly llike. However, my main questions are.. since this ring is basically flat to the finger with no light sources except from above, should cut be the biggest factor followed closely by color? Am willing to sacrifice on size to have a ring that shines and shines. Also, is there a "correct" porportion for a center and two round sides?

/idealbb/files/1293A_pl_c_small.jpg

Other styles I am looking at are completely different than this one, but for some reason at first glances, this one speaks to me.

Any help is sincerely appreciated. And thanks for the education you''ve given this lurker over the past few weeks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I see three bezels in the ring (maybe like one of THESE) ? The picture is small...

Of course a great cut will help since these stones are meant to reflect light as much as possible. Most posts here encourage less liberty with color grades than I would take (they say G is definitely "no excuse" white, but there are enough I and J rings around if you look them up).

And no, there is no 'correct' set of proporions for the three stones. It is all about what you like, in the end. Did you try the "ring building" on THIS site? It may give you an idea of what different proportions look like
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results