shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
What is an ASET report and a Sarin report?? Should I be requesting these from the vendor? Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 11:13:44 AM
Author:Triggerfish
What is an ASET report and a Sarin report?? Should I be requesting these from the vendor? Thanks!
ASET image helps to judge the light return of a diamond, a Sarin provides detailed measurements of a diamond.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

The above thread explains about ASET, you can do a search for Sarin and it will bring up more info on these. I believe you are working with James Allen? They can provide Idealscope but not ASET.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! You''re always so helpful! I wonder if JA can provide a sarin report? I suppose i can ask them next time I contact them. I tend to go a little overboard on researching and wanting to get the BEST for my $$. Sometimes I wish I was just the typical guy who goes to a jewelery store, picks a ring, and is out the door! LOL. Probably would be much less stressful! Maybe ignorance REALLY IS bliss!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 11:41:08 AM
Author: Triggerfish
Thanks Lorelei! You''re always so helpful! I wonder if JA can provide a sarin report? I suppose i can ask them next time I contact them. I tend to go a little overboard on researching and wanting to get the BEST for my $$. Sometimes I wish I was just the typical guy who goes to a jewelery store, picks a ring, and is out the door! LOL. Probably would be much less stressful! Maybe ignorance REALLY IS bliss!
2.gif
You are most welcome! And I PROMISE you that the time you have spent researching will pay off and your fiance will have the prettiest diamond around! You are being a smart shopper! I don''t know if JA provide Sarin but it is possible, definitely ask them.

LAD

Rough_Rock
JA will provide a Sarin report if you request it. Stephanie @ JA is great. So is Darin.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:02:21 PM
Author: LAD
JA will provide a Sarin report if you request it. Stephanie @ JA is great. So is Darin.
Thanks LAD, I wasn''t sure!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock

Awesone LAD! Thanks for the reply! I''ll request a Sarin today. Of course, I''ll probably have to post it here, since I won''t know how to ready it anyway!
9.gif

I''ve been working mostly with Darin, and he''s been great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:49:01 PM

Awesone LAD! Thanks for the reply! I''ll request a Sarin today. Of course, I''ll probably have to post it here, since I won''t know how to ready it anyway!
9.gif

I''ve been working mostly with Darin, and he''s been great!
Just go ahead and post it and we can go from there!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
I''m going to go ahead and request one, but Jim from JA doesn''t seem to think it''s necessary.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 1:54:11 PM
I'm going to go ahead and request one, but Jim from JA doesn't seem to think it's necessary.
No problem, just IS are images fine but if you want a Sarin then by all means request one.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Ok, I must be hallucinating. I swear there were more posts here a few minutes ago? Must be a neat magic trick.

Anyway...basically, the way Jim from JA explained it to me, the GIA report will likely be more reliable than a Sarin report they ran for me. The dimensions of the diamond are already noted on the GIA report. He said there may be very small variances between the GIA and their Sarin report, but usually the GIA is more reliable, as they calibrate their machine between each stone. Kinda makes sense I guess. Does this sound about right to you??

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Just checked my email and the Sarin report from JA has arrived. It doesn''t seem TOO MUCH different, but they keep stressing that I should rely more on the GIA dimensions, as their equipment at JA is "far less advanced and sophisticated" than that of the GIA lab. A few dimensions are slightly off, but doesn''t seem like a HUGE variance. It came in at a 2.2 HCA with the Sarin report measurements. No cuase for concern, right?

Anway, here''s the report dimensions:

Weight: 0.871 Ct
Diameter: 6.11 (6.08 - 6.14) 1%
Total Depth: 62.0 3.79mm
Crown Angle: 35.3 (35.0 - 35.4) 0
Crown Height %: 15.7 (15.4 - 15.9) 0
Pavil Angle: 40.8 (40.5 - 41.1) 0
Pavil Depth %: 42.5 (42.3 - 42.9) 0
Cutlet %: 0.1 Pointed
Table Size %: 55.5 (55.1 - 55.8) 0
Girdle Thickness: 2.6% (2.1- 2.9) 0
Sl. Thick
Star/Upper %: 48.0 : 52.0
Porportion: 0

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA numbers are rounded, so a Sarin can be helpful as this can give more detailed measurements of the diamond. Having said that though the accuracy of a Sarin can vary due to various reasons. I think you are fine looking at the IS of the diamond and the other info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results