shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs help with RB selection for engagement ring

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I've been reading for the last couple weeks on this site and trying to assimilate information. I'm trying to decide on a diamond which will be set in a Vatche U-113 or Vatche Swan setting. Most likely it will be the U-113. Ring size 6? Maybe a 5.5.

Can anyone help me with interpreting the images for this stone:

0.956ct/G/VVS2/Ideal Selection. HCA score is 1.1

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638382.htm

TIA.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WICheez|1460297896|4017592 said:
Hi,

I've been reading for the last couple weeks on this site and trying to assimilate information. I'm trying to decide on a diamond which will be set in a Vatche U-113 or Vatche Swan setting. Most likely it will be the U-113. Ring size 6? Maybe a 5.5.

Can anyone help me with interpreting the images for this stone:

0.956ct/G/VVS2/Ideal Selection. HCA score is 1.1

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638382.htm

TIA.

Beautiful stone...are you the guy or girl? You dont want to drop down a little in color/clarity and hit the 1 carat mark?
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3619322.htm

Is such high clarity really important to you? There are some G's that are just a little more expensive that WF is saying are eye-clean.
They do have something on the table so I wonder if you might be able to see something with really up close scrutiny...like this one...
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3577103.htm

All ACA (A Cut Above) stones are well cut. That being said, some may have slightly different personalities and you may prefer one
over the other.

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Thanks tyty.

I'm buying this one for my DGF. I wish could answer your questions with any authority. I just don't have the experience in looking at stones close up or comparing them.

When searching online I tried to exclude stones which had significant inclusions in the table. No idea if that is the right filtering criterion. I started with ideal cut stones and then started filtering things out.

DGF and I went to a Tiffany store a few months ago and we briefly looked at a few solitaire rings. We looked at a 0.95, , 1.1, 1.25 and 1.6 carat rings. She kept going back to the 0.95 which was a G VS1.

I'm hoping that between a combination of the white flash return and trade up policies, we can switch things up later if this one isn't the OMG I :love: :love: :love: :love: it. Of course hoping to hit it out of the park on the first try.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WICheez|1460303071|4017626 said:
Thanks tyty.

I'm buying this one for my DGF. I wish could answer your questions with any authority. I just don't have the experience in looking at stones close up or comparing them.

When searching online I tried to exclude stones which had significant inclusions in the table. No idea if that is the right filtering criterion. I started with ideal cut stones and then started filtering things out.

DGF and I went to a Tiffany store a few months ago and we briefly looked at a few solitaire rings. We looked at a 0.95, , 1.1, 1.25 and 1.6 carat rings. She kept going back to the 0.95 which was a G VS1.

I'm hoping that between a combination of the white flash return and trade up policies, we can switch things up later if this one isn't the OMG I :love: :love: :love: :love: it. Of course hoping to hit it out of the park on the first try.

Whiteflash stones are really amazing (ACAs and Expert Selections which just barely miss ACA). Also, the customer service at WF is
really amazing. They are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The stone you picked is lovely...if you have any qualms
about it, or need reassuring, call WF and talk to them. They can/will answer any questions you have. If you are torn between 2 stones
they will walk/talk you though the stones to help you figure out which one is best for you. No...I'm not affiliated with WF and I dont
own any of their stones...but I wish I did! :bigsmile: I was lucky enough to visit WF earlier this year. I got to meet many of the lovely people that work there and got to view some beautiful stones! You're in good hands!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results