shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Needs Help on Time Sensitive Purchase

haichen

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I've been lurking over the past couple of days and I was hoping to get your advice on a purchase: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/diamond_detail.php?id=542332 --> (Apologies in advance if I've made some massive rookie error)

Carat weight: 1.00
Cut: V. Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Price per carat: $6444 (~$400 cheaper with pricescope and bank wire)
Depth %: 62.6
Table %: 56
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: V. Good
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.35-6.39x3.99

My price range is right around $6000 for the diamond and I want to get a well rounded diamond for the price. I'm okay with dropping in size (.94-1 maybe?), and really I just want to get something that my fiance can be proud of.

One question I have is that the HCA rating for this is under 2 but the cut is only VG. I'm not sure how I should weight this out...

I really need some help on this because I just learned that my job is going to take me away for 4 months, and so I have about a month to make the purchase in order to have the time line fit. I would really appreciate any advice, regardless of how brutal, as long as it gets me closer to finding a good diamond in the next coupla weeks. Any suggestions of other diamonds that might be good for me would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be fine, numbers look promising, GIA downgrades the cut due to the overall larger depth due to the slightly thicker girdle. The effect of a slightly thicker girdle is that the stone will have a slightly smaller diameter than one with the same proportions but a medium girdle.

haichen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I know that Stk girdle is supposed to be okay. Here are a few assumptions that I have (please correct if wrong)

Generally go with HCA cut estimate over GIA rating
For a SI1 diamond, a polish of VG, is fine
Eternity Diamonds is a reputable site (based on a limited sample of reviews that I've seen on this site)

Thanks guys, ya'll are lifesavers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results