shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie and LIW

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I just love this site and have learned so much about diamonds here on PS. I have been a lurker for about 2 months now but not anymore...

My wonderful BF and I have been together for 6 years. We've always talked about getting married, and just recently he told me to start looking for a ring! I didn't want to post on here until I knew that the ring purchase was close.

He's been wanting me to find the perfect ring, but after seeing so many gorgeous rings here on PS, I was totally loving everything! Who wouldn't? :naughty:
I had been to a number of places trying on rings, but nothing really stood out to me. So I finally got him to go ring shopping with me one day last weekend, and we found the perfect ring! He was a huge help and actually picked out the engagement band/mounting on his own! I really wanted him to like the ring he was purchasing for me so that was a big plus. He was so thankful that he wasn't dragged out of the house that day for no reason, lol. Shopping is just not his thing.

I have been looking at the chucky cut diamonds here on PS and fell in love the the AVC and OMC/OEC. We decided on an old mine cut diamond for the center that is a little less than 1 carat. I am in love with it! The setting and diamond look so great together. I could not be happier, and neither can my DBF :))

He is supposed to pick up the ring from the jeweler either today or tomorrow, but we are snowed in!! I'm getting so impatient! I have to remind myself that good things come to those that wait. ;))

I will definitely post pics once I get it -- *cough, cough* -- get engaged!! :love:

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you two are very close to being engaged and your wait on the list will be a short one. I love all the chunky diamonds too :love: be sure to post pics as soon as it happens!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Welcome and massive congrats!!! How super exciting! Can't wait to hear more details!

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I will def post pics!

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Well ladies, I got engaged Saturday night - early Valentine's gift!! :bigsmile:

We had dinner reservations that night, so I was "hoping" he would propose then. I figured doing it at dinner would probably be the easiest and most likely place to do it. I kept giving him hints because I really didn't think he had thought of any kind of proposal! Well, he totally caught me off guard!! After I had finished getting ready for dinner, I came out into our dining room and he had the table all decorated with the proposal! It was just so romantic and so perfect! I guess he had been sneaky and went out during the day and picked up a cake (in the shape of a heart :love: ), rose petals, tea lights and champagne! He even picked up a little plastic stand somewhere so that he could mount the ring in the cake.

My eyes filled up with tears when I saw everything. He said, "see I had something planned all along. I just didn't want to give you any hints." I said it was perfect and better than if he had asked during dinner. Then he said, "will you marry me". OF COURSE I said!! Then he said, "Now, I am your fiance". OMGosh, my heart melted!!

The ring, the cake, the card, the proposal - everything was amazing!! ....Now on with the pics!!

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Ering details:

Center stone is an Old Mine Cut .94 H-1 SI1-SI2
Ring size is 5.5
Tatal carat wt: 1.74

I just love it! The OMC is so chunky and gives off big flashes of fire!

RingShot 2.jpg

RingShotonFinger.jpg

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
wow that is beautiful :) brings tears to my eyes!!
congratulations!!!! your finance sounds very sweet :love:

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
awww congrats! i love it! what a sweet guy. what a gorgeous ring toooo

man that must have been the briefest stint on LIW!

snow12

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What a great proposal and beautiful ring!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful proposal! I love the thought and detail he put it!

Also, LOVE your ring! :love: Gorgeous cut - I haven't really seen a design like that either! So unique!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! He did a great job with everything! I couldn't be happier!

And, I can't stop staring at my ring!!! :love: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
aww, what a sweet proposal :) and beautiful ring! congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results