shape
carat
color
clarity

New York summer proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pedepalo

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody!

I have been reading posts here at Pricescope and it is amazing how helpful everyone is. It really is awesome! Well I''ll get right down too it, I live in Florida and I am planning on surpising my G/F with a three day trip to New York where I surprise her by showing up with a packed bag and plane tickets on the way to the airport. I think that she would just love to be proposed to in New York city. I think I would like to do it at a romantic restaurant or maybe a evening cruise or even something off the wall that would be cute. I don''t know and need some help. I''m open to anything... Please help.
Thanks to all in advance for any help.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The Brooklyn Bridge around sunset. Fantastic view of the skyline, nice and breezy on a summer evening. My favorite romantic spot in the city. (Of course, the Twin Towers are overshadowingly absent--I couldn't walk there for about a year after 9/11, it made me cry too much.)

The Brooklyn Promenade, just across the Brooklyn Bridge from the Wall Street area, is also great.

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
bling, bling, pedepalo.

man, you're gunna drop a friggin wad man!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, but he'll completely sweep her off her feet. So, the money part of it shouldn't really matter. Its something you'll remember the rest of your life.
love.gif

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
money shouldn't matter? no i think money should matter.

i agree that there are times when you feel the need to spend a whole lot of money on your significant other. but i think that most would much rather you use all that money in other ways (like helping to pay for the upcoming and very expensive wedding), and just keep the proposal simple... at least mine would...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/1/2004 1:43:25 PM Fuzzdawg wrote:

money shouldn't matter? no i think money should matter.

i agree that there are times when you feel the need to spend a whole lot of money on your significant other. but i think that most would much rather you use all that money in other ways (like helping to pay for the upcoming and very expensive wedding), and just keep the proposal simple... at least mine would...----------------

Everyone has their priorities and their budgets. My guy and I decided to spend our money on the ring and the proposal (that was our vaction as well), and we'd rather forgoe the pricey wedding for all the people to come and eat on our dime, and give us gifts we don't need. I could have gotten a bigger ring, but I preferred the elegant proposal, instead of the bigger rock...That's just me...

I have to say every woman is different, but any woman who says that a guy making a big deal about her is unhappy with that, is LYING! Everyone wants to feel special and loved, and HOW you do that and with HOW MUCH you do that with is what you must determine.

New York is pricey when you talk Hotels and fancy restaurants that are all highly rated. The Plaza and Le Bernadin WILL cost you, BUT a nice little romantic spot for dinner can be less, just as a nice hotel with a deal from Expedia or Travelocity can also be good. you're talking to the Queen of Deals, and when I lived in NYC for years on less than $30K, I had the BEST time, and many times for FREE.

Look for deals, and try visiting New York sites on-line that give you ideas for cheaper things, like a walk through Central Park, the bridges are lovely...or perhaps the Empire State building roof (if it's nice out). Brooklyn Bridge is another idea as Glitterata stated. I personally would like the area by the old WTC area (I know it's so sad!), but the piers and ships in the area, as well as the views are SO LOVELY! South Street Seaport is nice as well...

You can always find a nice little romantic/trendy restaurant in Tribecca, or SoHo, even Greenwich. Depends on your gal. if she likes the pricey, black tie sorts of places, YES you will pay a lot, but I have a feeling you can make this exciting and affordable. For a great time, you just need to know what she will like, and find it in NYC, because it really does have it ALL!!! Good luck!

Here's a website that can help with some NYC things to do: NYC Visit

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Nicrez....thats what I was trying to say, only didn't.
twirl.gif
Everyone is different and if the proposal is important for you, then spend away. Or, if the wedding is more important than yes, Fuzz...you have the right idea too.

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
it's not that i want to spend all my money on a wedding, it's just i don't have much to begin with. me and des are still both in college, which means we're hecka broke. (yes i said hecka. you'd have to live in the central valley to understand) my gf and i are very money conscious. not in a stingy way, but in a responsible way.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Fuzzdawg, fair enough. My fiance and I went through that, and we decided to wait until we could save up for ours. Again, we are at a different stage, where we are older and in our careers and are making the kind of money we can spend comfortably.

I think it's wonderful that you two are so responsible, and I applaud that. Funny how everyone has totally different circumstances and different priorities. In college, there is no way I would have been able to spend on ANY luxury item. I barely had enough to have a decent dinner! Congrats to you both and all the best for the future!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Fuzzdawg,

I admire people who live within their means.

It shows good character, ESPECIALLY when they also feel confident in themselves.

Feeling poor and sorry for yourself for being poor - yuck... turnoff.

It's all a state of mind, I guess.

Daisy2418

Rough_Rock
Pedepalo,
Depending on whether you're going on a weekend or not, you might want to try something really New York-y, like taking her to Tavern on the Green for Sunday Brunch or something. My sister and I went there last year and had mimosa's for breakfast, and felt so special and fancy. Imagine how special and fancy to be proposed to there! Good luck.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Pedepalo;
I agree with the last post, Tavern On The Green is very romantic, and actually I saw a show about it and they get a lot of people who do proposals there, and according to the host that was on TV, he said they take care of the details for you.
Also another idea is a dinner cruise, its called The World Yacht, it takes a tour of the NY skyline, its really nice especially at night. Its about $75 per person so I dont know if you want to spend the money but its really nice, if the two of you are into that.
I hope I helped. take care

Phil

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Eat at tavern on the green, then take a romantic carriage ride through central park and propose then. Do they do that or do I see that in movies?(The carriage ride!!)Sounds romantic!!
love.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Shop;
Yeah I forgot thats an excellent idea, yes they do do that, you can get a carraige right outside the Plaza hotel too.
I am guessing you can get one at Tavern on the Green too, since its right in Central Park.
PM me if you want more details, I live in NY right outside of NYC so I know a pretty good amount.

Phil

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend is taking me to NY this Saturday for an afternoon to south street seaport and the empire state building (i've never been to either). We have been together for a little over 2 years and I was curious to myself if maybe he would ask me to marry him while there. We have talked about marriage plenty of times within the last year. Anyway, I found this forum through yahoo search and when I saw that ideas included the top of the Empire State Building and south street seaport, I couldn't help but smile
love.gif

I'm sure i'm jumping the gun on this, I've thought he to ask before and was wrong, but he has never made plans like this just the 2 of us before.

Anyway, thank you for a little hope that it may be possible.

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
I would do it at the top of the Empire State Building at sunset...and I work at a hotel in Times Square...look us up, www.hotel41.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results