carat
color
clarity

New York Restaurant Suggestions

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys,

It's my first time visiting NYC, and my husband and I are both major foodies. Any awesome restaurants you can suggest? Preferably not French (get plenty here :wink2: ) and I am a sucker for huge wine list books.

I'd like to to go Babbo's, but sadly I left reservations until today and they're all booked up. Will be checking back daily for cancellations. The other two on my list are: Carnegie Deli and Magnolia's. I also quite enjoyed Bobby Flay's restaurant (Mesa Grill) in Las Vegas, and I hear he has a restaurant in NYC as well? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Scarpetta - Italian
The Smith - Brunch

And since you don't want french, I won't recommend La Sirene.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, nkarma! Will try and make reservations today.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Motorino for the best pizza of your life! There's one in Brooklyn and one in the East Village. Their egg pizza at brunch is amazing! Also try the brussels sprout pizza if you go! I'll attach pics so you can drool.

4404524029_4ba1e563b5.jpg

5644213203_339a9d5c1a.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Call first thing in the morning for Babbo!!! You might get lucky. Yum!!!

I found this for you - Giada's NY weekend food plan. For bagels, you can't beat H&H!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/giadas-weekend-getaways/new-york-city/index.html

I saw you posted Carnegie's - if you like deli items, you MUST go to Katz's! Everyone big and small has been through those doors - fun to look at all the celeb photos on the wall. The food is... omg, have the pastrami sandwich there. Has been featured on Food Network many times... so good. *faints*

http://katzsdelicatessen.com/

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Les halles. Amazing, reasonable French?.. Make reservations. There are two locations. The one one Park is the better choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results