shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW YORK proposal... Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksreynolds74

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m from Florida and will be traveling soon to NYC to propose...I''m down to a few ideas and need some help from New Yorkers.

The first is to do it on the ice in Rockefeller Center Plaza while ice skating at night...is this going to be feasible or do they close at night?

The second would be some romantic (but safe) spot in Central Park where I could have a carriage deliver me?

Any suggestions from locals as to how to pull this off?

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
If you do a search on New York, or engagement you will find many, many threads in the subject of proposing in NY, including my LOOOONNNGGG and helpful (to me anyway) thread.

"Proposing this weekend... Need contingency plan assistance... PLEASE." is the first thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposing-this-weekend-need-contingency-plan-assistance-please.8359/

"I Proposed! I'm Engaged!! PICS AND DETAILS." is the second thread of mine:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-proposed-im-engaged-pics-and-details.8505/

I live in Chicago but proposed to my fiance in August while visiting NY together. I proposed on a Gondola ride in Central Park on Loeb Lake. It was wonderful. However, that is likely too cold to do now, plus, probably not even open anymore this late in the season.

One suggestion to me was to be careful with a carriage ride as in theory it is nice, but in reality, is quite smelly perhaps and might make the special moment not as special.

Consider also if your gf would want to be made a spectacle of or not. In other words, would she want a more intimate environment (i.e.: less people around) or would she want a bunch of applause from people after being proposed to, etc. There are many things and ways to propose and I know it drove me insane to make sure it was perfect. I wish you luck...

ksreynolds74

Rough_Rock
G.-

Thanks for the advice...I definitely am thinking about the "specticle" issue- althought we are both attention hounds, an intimate environment may be best...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Please look up Newlyengaged's thread. Lots of good ideas there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results