shape
carat
color
clarity

New York Central Park Proposal At Night

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WhiteKnight

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I will be travelling to NY with my girlfriend this New Year, and am planning to propose to her during a horse carriage ride in Central Park. As someone who''s never been to the Park before, I am just wondering if it is safe and a sound idea to do this at night? (I checked with one company and only rides left are the night-time ones)

If so, what are some of the best areas to do the proposal? I am hoping the place will be private yet safe and well-lit (so I can video tape the proposal).

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a romantic restaurant around the Park?

I am definitly crunching for time
sad.gif
- really appreciate any advice and help!

loopy.gif

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Great idea WhiteKnight! That's the same way my fiance proposed to me (in a horse drawn carriage, that is). ...read my original post under "A Cindrella Proposal"
Although I can't offer any assistance with your Central Park question, I can tell you that I could not have received a better proposal than what I did! Ok....it may have made it even more romantic if it had been snowing! Lucky you, you can almost be certain that you will have snow!
The best of luck to you both!
appl.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I think that sounds like a lovely proposal! My boyfriend and I went on a horse and carriage ride at central park and I just loved it. I couldn't tell you about the safety issue really, as I don't live there, but I would assume if it were really unsafe people wouldn't do it. As for restaurants, from what I hear there is a lovely restaurant by the ice skating rink in rockefeller center (which would also be near the big lit-up tree) where you can be seated by a large window that overlooks the rink, and the park. I've always wanted to go there as I think it sounds very romantic! I hope this helps. Good luck!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
You can have a very romantic dinner right in the park at Tavern on the Green (ask for the crystal room). Cafe des Artistes is also very romantic and is just off the park on W 67th.

Central park is fairly safe these days even at night. It is very dark however. Apart from the area immediately around Tavern on the Green and the roads that are open to cars, it's not well lit. But perhaps this is the ambience you are going for?

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results