shape
carat
color
clarity

New Year's Eve

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Dh and I will first take afternoon naps to prepare for staying up, then eat lots of finger food and share a bottle of wine, and wait for my teens to get home from various high school parties! Life of high schoolers’ parents involves not a lot o fun, and a lot of worrying.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@jordyonbass OHMIGOSH what a dolly! Little fuzzy hair! :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll be sitting in a hot tub in a remote area near the Black Rock Desert with the moon and stars and the spiral arms of the Milky Way above our heads. It's our new year's tradition for the past 25 years. Pure Bliss. Second pic is constellation Orion.

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_195059.jpg
    IMG_20191230_195059.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20191227_214044.jpg
    IMG_20191227_214044.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 25

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When young I’d endure the crowds and rowdy behaviour and after a late dinner with friends watch the Midnight fireworks from the best vantage point we could find. Back then it was only the city (Sydney) that had a firework show.
years later with DD and for many years we did the 9pm fireworks watching from Blackwattle bay. We’d get there at 5pm to snag a picnic table for the group and the kids would ride bikes around, play ball games, throw the frisbee while we all ate a picnic dinner. Usually Roast chicken with salad and bread rolls. I’d bring the Sparklers and after watching the 9pm fireworks the kids would run around with sparklers and glow sticks while the parents packed everything up. Then drive home waving at all the traffic bumper to bumper going in the other direction. Carry sleeping DD into the house and off to bed.

@Bron357 you're in Australia correct? If so whats the situation with the fires there? I have heard its pretty horrendous where they are but not seeing too much news on them in the states.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 you're in Australia correct? If so whats the situation with the fires there? I have heard its pretty horrendous where they are but not seeing too much news on them in the states.

Not answering for @Bron357 but I was just about to come here and ask how she and her family are doing. They have been covering it (NYC) on the news and it looks awful.

Hoping you and your loved ones are safe and sound @Bron357 and that the fires end very soon.

@Arcadian fyi

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just after 8pm here, and we’re going to bed :lol: We’ll watch some TV, probably the Christmas episode of the latest series of Call The Midwife, then go to sleep.

We’d usually spend NYE in, with the TV up really loud to drown out the noise of the pyromaniacs and their never ending fireworks, because Dottie was terrified. The only consolation to her no longer being here, is that she won’t have to be scared anymore.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just after 8pm here, and we’re going to bed :lol: We’ll watch some TV, probably the Christmas episode of the latest series of Call The Midwife, then go to sleep.

We’d usually spend NYE in, with the TV up really loud to drown out the noise of the pyromaniacs and their never ending fireworks, because Dottie was terrified. The only consolation to her no longer being here, is that she won’t have to be scared anymore.

Happy New Year's eve dear @Austina and may you have sweet dreams tonight. (((Hugs))).

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy New Year to all. Thank you for concern.
im in a suburb of inner Sydney, so the “fires” themselves are not close, however the air quality is awful, has been for weeks.
The areas that is burning are massive, bigger than most European Countries and while thankfully only a few lives have been lost (any loss of life is a tragedy) many many homes have been lost and countless animals. That is the true awfulnesses. Those poor creatures who do survive, now have nowhere to live and nothing to eat.
very sad.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year by you @Daisys and Diamonds! How's 2020 so far? Wishing you sweet dreams as I know you must be heading to (or already in) bed.

May 2020 bring much sweetness and good health and blingy joy to all PSers.

We had 2 glasses of sparkling sav blanc and a garlic bread - party animals are we :lol:
Happy new year all the way to New Jersey
May 2020 be so much nicer than 2019 for all of us

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's just what i thought about Tinky last night
the fireworks started about 8pm and its still daylight here then
I'd say last night was worse than stupid guy faulks was back in November

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy New Year to all. Thank you for concern.
im in a suburb of inner Sydney, so the “fires” themselves are not close, however the air quality is awful, has been for weeks.
The areas that is burning are massive, bigger than most European Countries and while thankfully only a few lives have been lost (any loss of life is a tragedy) many many homes have been lost and countless animals. That is the true awfulnesses. Those poor creatures who do survive, now have nowhere to live and nothing to eat.
very sad.

Stay safe over there
its trully dreadful.and those poor people taking refuge on the beach in Victoria
We see lots of koalas on the news but its the whole echo system, its just devastating
who's going to give a snake a drink ?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t bother with New Year’s Eve. It tends to be infested with amateurs who spill more than they drink.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I don't know who else is in Australia on the board ( @jordyonbass where are you located?) but my goodness this fire is really really bad. My prayers to those who are in the thick of it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Bron357 I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I don't know who else is in Australia on the board ( @jordyonbass where are you located?) but my goodness this fire is really really bad. My prayers to those who are in the thick of it.

I'm safe @Arcadian, thank you for checking in. Where I am is South west of Melbourne and on the outskirts of the CBD, we do have some big grassy paddocks nearby that concern us but so far so good.

Also because the prevailing winds come from the SW here and we're close to the coast, we don't get the constant smoke haze everywhere else is getting. You'd almost be forgiven for thinking the bushfire issue isn't that bad if you were here, however I was working in some very rural areas up until xmas and I could see a lot of the fires and smoke. About a month ago I was working on a farm when it was 43 degrees Celsius (about 110F) with strong and hot winds. The fire danger rating for the area was code red, the most dangerous rating, I was so paranoid about fire that I parked my truck out on the gravel driveway so the hot exhaust didn't cause grass to catch on fire. The next week I was in the office and had a meeting with the bosses to discuss safety plans for situations like that in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results