shape
carat
color
clarity

New Year''s Eve Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xjjeep78

Rough_Rock
Here''s the plan: I''m going to a New Year''s Eve celebration dinner and dance at the Marriott with my girlfriend(currently of 8 months) and some other couples. I plan to propose to her that night. I know her answer will be yes (we''ve already discussed it), but I need a few ideas how to do it. So far what I''ve come up with is when we''re on the dance floor right after the countdown and our kiss I''ll tell her how much she means to me and I love her (maybe even say something about resolutions and getting my first one out of the way), then take a knee, pull out the ring and ask her to marry me. While I like this idea...I feel like there''s something even better I can do, so please provide any ideas you might have.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think your idea is just fine the way you have it planned...

Go with what works for you...It seems that you have done some thinking and this idea sounds good.

xjjeep78

Rough_Rock
Well I talked to someone who's been to this party before and it sounds like my plan won't work well since the dance floor will be really packed at midnight. Any other ideas?

xjjeep78

Rough_Rock
Now I can't decide between doing it publicly or privately. If I do it private, would probably have to be in our room at the Hyatt, maybe I could sneek away from the party and set up some candles and rose petals in the room, then get her up to the room. But is it me, or is proposing in a hotel room kind of lame/cheap/un-romantic? At the same time I see a lot of people on here state that a proposal should be private, not public. Any thoughts???

Chardin

Rough_Rock
I would be careful of too many candles in the hotel room. Just in case the sprinkler goes off. You are correct about the dancefloor; it might be hip to hip and she might think you're tying your shoelaces or something instead of proposing.

If you have a balcony overlooking a view, it might be a good idea to do it there. If you want to add more than rose petals, you can rent one of those balloon makers. Buy hundreds of balloons and have them all over the room. So much that she has to weave in and out of them to get to the bed, covered with rose petals.

I am proposing this Xmas Eve myself and getting nervous. I think it's more of the excitement and want everything to go the way I plan. But I think I'll feel more relaxed when the time gets closer.

Hope all turns out great.

Chardin

xjjeep78

Rough_Rock
Another route I could go is propose to her during the dinner. I was avoiding that option because we will have our 2 friends at the table with us. But it may be the best option and I could get them to leave the table for a bit. Any thoughts on that?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you should call the hotel and see what they suggest. The ballroom might have a balcony or an alcove or something nearby. You could ask them to set it up with flowers and such (if you want). While you're dancing, tell her that you want to get some air and want to take a walk. Walk to the designated location and pop the question!

Good luck
1.gif

xjjeep78

Rough_Rock
Got the parental approval last night. I went to their place to help frost christmas cookies, wasn't even planning on doing it then. But when my future fiance left to the grocery store I decided this was my chance. I was worried because even though I've been with her for almost 9 months, our schedules are such that I haven't had as much opportunity to spend time with her parents as I and they would like. Fortunately they see how happy we are together and approve of our decision to get married. Now I just have to figure out the proposal logistics!
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results