shape
carat
color
clarity

New Vehicles with Park Assist

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
So I am at work and we got a new Ford Escape that has Park Assist. It is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I am not sure if you guys know how it works, but it is awesome.

So you are driving along and turn the park assist on. It them scans to the right to find a suitable spot. It tells you when you have a spot and it tells you to stop. Once you stop it tells you to put it in reverse. At that point you completely take your hands off the wheel. You slowly back up and the wheel is turning itself. It tells when to stop and put it in drive. It does it all by itself. You do still have to control the gas and brake, but it tells you when to stop. It looks waaaay to close to the other cars, but it doesn''t hit them. And it is a perfect park job every time. I have watched it 3 times. Perfectly straight, the exact correct distance from the curb. It is nuts!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Industrial revolution started a march of technology to eliminate physical work.
Now our bodies are obese.

Now technology is making brain function unnecessary.

First our bodies, now our minds.
We are turning into blobs.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 12:55:01 PM
Author: kenny
The Industrial revolution started a march of technology to eliminate physical work.
Now our bodies are obese.

Now technology is making brain function unnecessary.

First our bodies, now our minds.
We are turning into blobs.

Well, yeah, maybe so, but I''ll take any help I can get with parallel parking!!!
2.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Thats me. I hate parallel parking. I know that Lexus and those higher end car makers have been doing this, but I still think it is very cool. If it continues and they end up putting it on all cars then they will take that portion out of the drivers test? WooHoo.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I came across that recently too, but I didn''t get to see it in action and thought it sounded too good to be true!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
So what if your car that is equipped with Park Assist, actually does end up hitting another car in the process of parking? Is there any type of guarantee on it?

Just wondering, I don''t know anyone who has this on their car (though I''ve seen commercials about it)...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results