shape
carat
color
clarity

New Update: We found the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I found these pictures on eBay, and we're going to have the ring made by a local jeweller. The style is called "Fire Over Ice."

It's a marquise floating at the top, with a channel of princess cut diamonds running underneath.

My main stone will be a little under 1 ct, but since marquise looks slightly bigger than other shapes of the same weight, I don't mind! My ring will be made with yellow gold.
face23.gif

I will post hand pics when the ring is made!

This is funny to to me because all this time I had my heart set on a halo setting with bezel, or at least another frilly and ultra-romantic design, but then I fell in love with something so sleek and modern.
30.gif

fireoverice.jpg

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
How it should look from the side.

fireoverice2.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that''s going to be gret, can;t wait to see pics

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:14:01 PM
Author: ckrickett
that''s going to be gret, can;t wait to see pics
Have you made the engagement chicken yet?
31.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG YES I LOVE BRIDGE SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted one soo bad in the beginning... a princess over other princesses... but, alas... no.

I''ll live vicariously though you.... so please post lotsa hand pixies!
9.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:17:18 PM
Author: tlh
OMG YES I LOVE BRIDGE SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted one soo bad in the beginning... a princess over other princesses... but, alas... no.

I''ll live vicariously though you.... so please post lotsa hand pixies!
9.gif
Awww...I will! I can''t see your avatar too clearly (I''m on a very small monitor), but I''m sure your ring is pretty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very unusual!!! Have you picked out a stone yet? My friend has a pink sapphire princess in a similar setting and I''m fascinated by it!!! And are you going to have a custom wedding band made to go with?

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:34:39 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Very unusual!!! Have you picked out a stone yet? My friend has a pink sapphire princess in a similar setting and I''m fascinated by it!!! And are you going to have a custom wedding band made to go with?
Hi, Freke!
Yep, we''ve picked out a stone. The main stone is under 1 ct (around 0.85). Visually there''s no big difference between between that and another 1 ct. stone we saw , but price-wise, we saved so much, which means that we can put more money into the honeymoon.
31.gif
I''m thinking of getting just a plain gold band because I don''t want to detract the attention away from the engagement ring. I''d like the band to be of the same thickness, though, so nothing flatter or thicker.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you already talked to a jeweler about it? And where are our pics of the diamond?
31.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:46:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Have you already talked to a jeweler about it? And where are our pics of the diamond?
31.gif
Yep!
Already talked to the jeweler about it! The pics of the diamond will be up in 48-72 hours. I'm visiting the parentals right now. Patience, patience.
2.gif

I just got over-excited and couldn't wait to tell you girls.
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a unique ring! Have fun with the project!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! Can''t wait to see it once it''s done!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
awesome! I cannot wait to see the pictures of the final product! Definitely get on that engagement chicken!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results