shape
carat
color
clarity

New unheated yellow sapphire

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Been eyeing this stone on AficaGems for a few months and my BF was a sweetie an bought it for me as an early Chrismas present. It is 5.1mm .66ct round unheated sapphire. It was described as a pure lemon yellow color which I can see in indirect sunlight. I do have to say in inside light it does look more like a golden yellow color. Here are many pics of it :).

Indirect/direct sunlight

yel1.jpg
yel2.jpg
yel3.jpg
yel7.jpg
Next to white gold to compare gold colors
yel4.jpg

In room lighting
yel6.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most stones shift in different lights so not totally unexpected. unheated yellows are getting quite rare, especially one thats eye clean.

Whats the plan for it? whatever you do, I vote yellow gold...lol

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nice bright stone.
Definitely go yellow gold claws to highlight it.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1478380171|4094211 said:
Most stones shift in different lights so not totally unexpected. unheated yellows are getting quite rare, especially one thats eye clean.

Whats the plan for it? whatever you do, I vote yellow gold...lol
My plan for it is not my usual antique style, but a simple classic round halo. I don't really have a ring with a halo, and I want to do something different than my norm that I still love. I am planning and hoping to get a setting in white gold and have the basket/prongs in yellow gold to enhance the stone :)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful sunny gem. I like your idea to halo it and your use of the different gold colors It's going to be a knockout.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you :). I hope it will be. The stone is decently saturated on its own so I hope the yellow gold will really make it pop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results