shape
carat
color
clarity

New Toy: Treo 650

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a new techie toy and it''s fabulous!! After a frustrating computer-less weekend trip where I could get email on my ancient cell phone, but couldn''t respond ... and almost missing out on a couple work leads I finally gave in and upgraded to the Palm Treo 650.

It arrived Monday, my sweet technically-inclined fiance transferred all my contacts & stuff that night and by my Tuesday a.m. biz trip I was cookin'' with gas! I can even PRICESCOPE FROM THE ROAD now!! (Not perfectly, things take way longer to download ... but I''m working on it)

My only complaint is that it''s kind of slippery. I''m afraid I''m gonna drop my new "baby" & break it. SO ... I''m on the hunt for a cool, funky case - also to protect it from the godknowswhat in my purse.

Anyone found a fun case for these puppies?

photo_treo650_overview.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 11:15:47 AM
Author:decodelighted
I can even PRICESCOPE FROM THE ROAD now!!
hahaha, AWESOME!!! I can get internet on my cell phone but it''s slow and tiny, so I''ve never even thought to try that...hmmmmm....
31.gif

but a lot of my coworkers have Treos and they do look like fun! Enjoy it!
4.gif
I don''t have any case recommendations though...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found this one & like the wriststrap but wish it was a different color, or even different shade of pink. What do you think? Cheap looking or cool?

pinkcase.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should just bling it out, deco!!!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 11:31:16 AM
Author: monarch64
I think you should just bling it out, deco!!!
9.gif
LOL! The case or the phone itself??

I can see myself explaining it to the FI. "These are protective rhinestones!"
31.gif
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one''s not screaming "practical" to me .. hard to get in & out, as opposed to "flip right open when the phone''s ringing". But it IS Louis ...
2.gif

louiscover.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mink. Cell. Case.
23.gif

minkcellcase.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD.

I have to say it but that is way crazier than crystals!!!!

Which means...you HAVE to get the crystals to be on the conservative side!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one has potential ... red, leather, cheap! Whaddya think?

redcovertech.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or this bottom flipper that comes in tan, black or red (though the red also has red stitching which looks weird.)

tanbottomflip.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow this thing is KRAZY kool but a wad o'' cash. Hmmmm.

classic_animal.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 12:14:39 PM
Author: decosbeau
What about this one?

HA! Caught p-scopin' by me sweetie. I like that one too but it's more $$ that I was hoping to spend!
13.gif
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOooh ... I kinda like this croc one too ...

pf_t650_croc_190x190.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my DH the Treo 650 for his birthday last month. He requested it, and I got a good deal. We just ended up getting the case from the store because it clipped to his belt. He doesn''t go for such fun cases. These are all fabulous...though the mink is o u t t h e r e !!!!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
heeh i like the pink personally, that is so me.

i used to work at palm 4-5 years ago in marketing, so i always love seeing people buy their products, great marketing at work!
5.gif

for me though, the PDA kinda phone things are just not me. don''t know that i''d ever convert to one. my gf (who works at palm!) has one and every time she whips it out it to talk on it, it just reminds me of those big ole cell phones from 10 years ago. mental block!! maybe eventually they will be the size of the latest razr then i''d consider it.
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooo! I''m glad you like your treo. My BF has had one for over a year now I''m sure, recently he upgraded to the 650. He loves his treo and can''t live without it!!!! He has one of those rubbery cases, like the ones that go on iPods.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 5:32:55 PM
Author: sunkist
My BF has one of those rubbery cases, like the ones that go on iPods.
I saw those too ... like fun jelly sandals or something ... they come in pink too! I was just nervous ''cause it doesn''t seem to cover the screen portion, which is the part I might hurt knocking around in my purse. Hmmmmm

My FI is actually getting one soon from his workplace. He had a tester one a few months back so I got to play with it then. My old cell had been dying for some time & I knew I had to get something. FI offered to get the Treo for V-day, but I wanted to go snowmobiling so badly (& save $) that I was like "Nooooo". Oh well, I do need it and it''ll be tax deductable.

Mara.. the size thing was a hangup for me too. But I figure people tote those dern IPods everywhere, and it''s a similar size. It''s a choice born *mostly* out of practicality ... I don''t want to be like my sister & her lawyer buds who carry a cell AND a big ol'' Blackberry. Too much tech, too little room in mah bags!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 5:42:34 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 3/8/2006 5:32:55 PM

My BF has one of those rubbery cases, like the ones that go on iPods.

I saw those too ... like fun jelly sandals or something ... they come in pink too! I was just nervous ''cause it doesn''t seem to cover the screen portion, which is the part I might hurt knocking around in my purse. Hmmmmm

My FI is actually getting one soon from his workplace. He had a tester one a few months back so I got to play with it then. My old cell had been dying for some time & I knew I had to get something. FI offered to get the Treo for V-day, but I wanted to go snowmobiling so badly (& save $) that I was like ''Nooooo''. Oh well, I do need it and it''ll be tax deductable.

Mara.. the size thing was a hangup for me too. But I figure people tote those dern IPods everywhere, and it''s a similar size. It''s a choice born *mostly* out of practicality ... I don''t want to be like my sister & her lawyer buds who carry a cell AND a big ol'' Blackberry. Too much tech, too little room in mah bags!

Hey Deco-
Did you''re Treo come with a protectant film that you can cut out and put on your screen? My BF''s did and we actually tried to put it on and ended up messing it up
38.gif
, so he through the film away. It was really dumb of Treo actually, they make you cut out the film to fit it to your screen instead of giving you one that will perfectly fit! Anyways, I don''t think he''s ever had trouble with the screen scratching. If you''re keeping it in your purse, is there a pocket in your purse you can keep it in? It is a touch screen so you don''t want a case that will take that quality away!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I have a Treo and I love it. Yeah, it''s a bit bulky, but it''s SO nice just having one device to carry around.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 4:23:24 PM
Did you''re Treo come with a protectant film that you can cut out and put on your screen? My BF''s did and we actually tried to put it on and ended up messing it up
38.gif
, so he through the film away. It was really dumb of Treo actually, they make you cut out the film to fit it to your screen instead of giving you one that will perfectly fit!

Mine DID come with that little thing to cut-out, but all my scissors are dull so I haven''t done it yet! They should have just made ''em the right size!!

Is there a pocket in your purse you can keep it in? It is a touch screen so you don''t want a case that will take that quality away!

My purse is like a demiliterized zone! Keys, Pens, Extra-pointy breath mints ... okay, I''m just joking about the pointy mints. Ow! It takes a LOT of effort on my part to keep one of my purse pockets pristine enough for baby Treo. So far, so good - but I''d really like to find a case!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results