shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the 'list'...hopefully it'll happen soon??

diamondmama

Rough_Rock
Hello girls...

I adore pricescope and like everyone else, I once thought I knew all there was about diamonds......until I heard the phrase 'painting ad digging'...lol. Now I know I am a mere mortal who can only hope to know enough that I don't get a dud diamond. My knowledge is limited but what I do know is that I would love to wear proudly, a gorgeous diamond from my man.

I am in love with Michael B settings and I hope to have something like that but we'll see. Heading to NY from the sunny Irish Isle in November for my birthday so I think it's going to happen then.

I am deciding on my ring as my other half doesn't do fashion or anything other than work very hard....and be a brill dad to our ikkle baby girl. I am a self confessed control freak and wouldn't sleep at night knowing he was having the ultimate decision....although he does want me to have something I love.

I am thoroughly enjoying the journey so far and am really looking forward to seeing NY for the first time!!! It's going to be so special.

If only there were 2.5ct AGS super ideals at knock down prices?....we'd all be blingtastic....*sigh*. One day......

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
Its hard when you know more about diamonds then your other half , because you know what you want ... not what you might like , kinda like... but you know exactly what you want. I am a total type A personality ( A.K.A a control freak :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! I hope your stay here is short but sweet :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! :wavey: I love Michael B settings. Are you set on having the designer name? We got a WhiteFlash ring that is similar to a Michael B ring I really liked. We used the money we saved on the setting towards a fabulous center stone. If you and your boyfriend are amenable to getting a similar but not actual MIchael B setting, that plan could help get you closer to 2.5 ct. bling.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! :wavey: Hope you don't have to stay too long. I am like you in that I am somewhat of a control freak and so, I'm glad my BF is letting me have a say in the ring. :)

diamondmama

Rough_Rock
The Michael B setting is the only one that is so delicate but yes, if I could get something similar I'd rather put the $$ into the rock to get maybe ahigher colour grade....However I do love the 'warmer' stones. I love any diamond of course but most of my brides have D colour and have put their money into that and sacrificed the size and I'm not sure that people will really notice...not in Ireland anyhow.

Have you pics of your whiteflash setting or a link I could look at?

And yes...super control freak...my poor boyfriend is so patient...bless him. I know too much now about diamonds...probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference witht he naked eye...I wear glasses and my vision is like a 74 year old with glaucoma lol....I'm 30 :geek:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondmama|1316854387|3024524 said:
The Michael B setting is the only one that is so delicate but yes, if I could get something similar I'd rather put the $$ into the rock to get maybe ahigher colour grade....However I do love the 'warmer' stones. I love any diamond of course but most of my brides have D colour and have put their money into that and sacrificed the size and I'm not sure that people will really notice...not in Ireland anyhow.

Have you pics of your whiteflash setting or a link I could look at?

I liked the Michael B Princess ring and ended up with the Whiteflash Harmony ring which I like better (it is actually based on a custom made ring a PSer, LynneB, designed and Whiteflash made into stock). I think the profile on the Harmony head provides a better view of the diamond, and it seems to allow more light to go through. Unless you are very color sensitive, it's probably not worth spending the extra money on a higher color grade unless you just want bragging rights. Nobody in my group of friends discusses their diamond stats but probably notice which rings look bigger or nicer in terms of sparkle. I wasn't particularly concerned about what my friends thought or what their rings looked like. Blue fluor will make a stone face up whiter than it is. :appl: I decided to forego designer name and a little bit of color and instead ended up with a better cut (best, really!) and size. Bling bling!

Here's Michael B Princess http://michaelbjewelry.com/collection/The-Princess-Collection/Petite-Princess-Ring--144 and here's Whiteflash Harmony http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/wedding-sets/harmony-diamond-wedding-set-1470.htm

P.S. - can't wait to see what you choose. Be sure to come back and post pictures!

diamondmama

Rough_Rock
I liked the Michael B Princess ring and ended up with the Whiteflash Harmony ring which I like better (it is actually based on a custom made ring a PSer, LynneB, designed and Whiteflash made into stock). I think the profile on the Harmony head provides a better view of the diamond, and it seems to allow more light to go through. Unless you are very color sensitive, it's probably not worth spending the extra money on a higher color grade unless you just want bragging rights. Nobody in my group of friends discusses their diamond stats but probably notice which rings look bigger or nicer in terms of sparkle. I wasn't particularly concerned about what my friends thought or what their rings looked like. Blue fluor will make a stone face up whiter than it is. :appl: I decided to forego designer name and a little bit of color and instead ended up with a better cut (best, really!) and size. Bling bling!

Here's Michael B Princess http://michaelbjewelry.com/collection/The-Princess-Collection/Petite-Princess-Ring--144 and here's Whiteflash Harmony http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/wedding-sets/harmony-diamond-wedding-set-1470.htm

P.S. - can't wait to see what you choose. Be sure to come back and post pictures![/quote]

Thank you for bringing that to my attention....It is stunning and I don't really care about designer labels..I just want something beautiful to look at everyday and as if being a PS lurker wasn't bad enough with now having a massive list of demands for my boyfriend regarding the diamond...now I know that I can do resets and upgrades....this will never end.....

I have also been looking at a fellow PSers EC with a baguette setting so I now kinda like this setting for my RB....just lovely and classic. does everyone have this much trouble choosing when they're given free reign on their diamond??

(I don't know how to do the quote thing properly yet...can't seem to find the instruction manual for pricescope??)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results