shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the board; Time to get engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K_Gee

Rough_Rock
First I'd like to say that this board is the best thing that has come along for men since the remote control. :)

Okay..... I've been doing a little shopping in the last month or so for the right diamond. I've been to almost every jewelry store in my area. From Hearts oon Fire to the Basic Round to the Zales Octillion. I've seen so many diamonds that that my head is spinning.

Can anyone give me any suggestions where i can go to find the best buy for my money. My ideal buy would be a 1.0 -1.25, VS1-VS2, possibly SI1, F-H in color. The round cut was my frist choice until I came across the Octillion. Nonetheless, can someone please give me some advice.

Also, what are everyonce thought on the Tension setting?

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
Do a search here at Pricescope. You will probably be able to find the cheapest prices here.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Just did a search on this board regarding tension settings. Here are just a few previous threads:

[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I love tensions setting. I'm so excited because I should be recieving mine any day now. Check out mickeyroof.com to see the Gelin and Abaci tension settings. That site offers the best deal on them that I have seen. So far they have been a pleasure to work with as well.

If you stick with the name brands (Kretchmeyer, Gelin and Abaci, and Niessing), I wouldn't worry too much about losing the stone from the setting. If you get it insured, you won't have to worry about it at all. Be aware that it will take you a little longer to get the ring if you order a tension setting. The diamond will be sent from whatever retailer you use to the manufacturer, so it takes a little time.

Also be aware that the minimum clarity allowed for tension settings is SI1, and that any inclusion must not break the surface.

Good luck to you!

K_Gee

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the info. I will definitely take a look at this info and do a little more research.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results