shape
carat
color
clarity

New to Diamonds...Need a Custom Setting (NY/NJ)

nyplay4life

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the jewelry and diamond really.

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out a bit. I recently purchased a diamond and wanted to know if it is a good price or not, as well as if anyone knows a place with reasonable pricing to make a custom setting.

I am in New Jersey.

The diamond I bought was a 1.50ct Radiant VVS2 J color, with a faint flur. and I paid a little under $5K for it. It looks beautiful in person, but that is as far as my knowledge goes. It came with a GIA Cert and everything.

I am looking for a custom setting. My girlfriend really likes a design from a local company, but they want a crap load for the setting, it is obviously not worth anywhere close to that, so I'd like to have it replicated if possible for a better price.

Please tell me your thoughts/suggestions.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cost wise it looks like you may not have over paid but without pictures/aset images we cant really tell you if it's a nice stone
or not.

Do you have any pictures/links of the setting that your GF wants? It's hard to recommendations without knowing the type of setting
she wants and what exactly is a "crap" load of money? Dont want to recommend others that might be the same or more.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1456863318|3998045 said:
Cost wise it looks like you may not have over paid but without pictures/aset images we cant really tell you if it's a nice stone
or not.

Do you have any pictures/links of the setting that your GF wants? It's hard to recommendations without knowing the type of setting
she wants and what exactly is a "crap" load of money? Dont want to recommend others that might be the same or more.

And the Oscar for "tact" goes to tyty.

I clicked on this. Got to your post and though, thank goodness tyty replied. I couldn't have managed that.

To the OP. "crap load of money" is different for everyone. And though you may not think the setting price is justified (and you may well be right) we need more information before we can help you. And though, you may not want to hear it, many settings (especially high end pave ones) do cost a lot, and that cost, though steep to someone who isn't familiar with jewelry, is sometimes justified.

So please post some pictures. Give us the actual dollar amount you've been quoted for the setting. And we'll help you the best we can.

nyplay4life

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies.

Not sure what ASET is nor how to obtain a scan of the diamond like that.
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures either.

With regards to custom setting, it is called the RS-63 from Lauren B.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the setting you are referring to?
What is the sales price and what is your budget?

_36559.jpg

_36560.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much are they askinh for the setting?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did yout lady ask for a radiant?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results