shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone from Barry :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Great Karee:

Would you describe it as a light rust that changes to a burnt orange?

It''s spectacular.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, not at all! It really is that bright pink most of the time. A medium pink is how Barry described it. When I''m in an auditorium [whatever lights those are] it turns that orange color. It''s amazing. The color shift is just incredible!!! Those pics posted at the beginning are quite representative. The pink is less red, though.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you think it would be too big for a ring style you love, making it a pendant/necklace would be a good idea. Since you''re into halos it would be easier to find a pendant semi mounting in which to put it, than to incorporate all of that into a necklace (IMO).

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Ma Re - It''s not that I think it''s too big for a ring. In fact, it''s a great size! :) But I am concerned with wearability. The settings I like for this stone don''t give it much protection. I thought if I made it a necklace, it might be better off.

I like the LOGR I originally posted, but I think it''s too big for me. I like the split shank, and maybe even a simple setting like the one I got for the spinel [a plain, thin, pave-set band]...but I wonder if the stone will survive. My jeweler has me concerned that tourmaline is very soft, since they aren''t sure if they want to "risk" setting it. So, I have a lot to think about! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results