shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone from Barry :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:28:45 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 2/25/2009 8:27:00 PM
Author: yingh
No worries, here is a prong version of that ring from LOGR
So if there''s a 7x7 prong version, it stands that there must be a 8x8 prong version.
No Chrono, he doesn''t sell the 8x8 with prongs, but you could probably ask him to put the prongs on and see what he says.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a shame. Oh, she does customization of her rings too? That''s good news.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:42:57 PM
That''s a shame. Oh, she does customization of her rings too? That''s good news.
Slightly OT, but is the LOGR dealer a lady? I had always thought he (or she) was a man.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful.. what a great color change!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:08:30 PM
Author: karee888
Thanks! I am super excited!

I don''t own a single piece of yellow gold jewelry. Do you think it would look better than white?

I wish it would look good in rose gold, it''s my latest obsession. :)
When I saw the colors I immediately thought of something warm- like yellow gold. I think it would especially go well with the pink hue but I could be totally off my rocker here. I am certainly not as good at this stuff as the other ladies on the forum.

I think the stone will look gorgeous in whatever you decide to set it in! I have always loved that particular LOGR setting too.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so the original setting in question should work, but I should ask LOGR [who I also thought was a dude] to add prongs.

Some people think yellow gold would look better. What about rose gold? I assume it will clash with the orange color shift.

Sigh, so many choices!

I do really like this setting....I just don''t want it to look overwhelming or something.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 9:14:12 PM
Ok, so the original setting in question should work, but I should ask LOGR [who I also thought was a dude] to add prongs.

Some people think yellow gold would look better. What about rose gold? I assume it will clash with the orange color shift.

Sigh, so many choices!

I do really like this setting....I just don''t want it to look overwhelming or something.
Ooooh, rose gold would be so pretty, but you''re asking the rose gold nut here!
emsmilep.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:02:53 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/25/2009 5:08:30 PM
Thanks! I am super excited!

I don''t own a single piece of yellow gold jewelry. Do you think it would look better than white?

I wish it would look good in rose gold, it''s my latest obsession. :)
When I saw the colors I immediately thought of something warm- like yellow gold. I think it would especially go well with the pink hue but I could be totally off my rocker here. I am certainly not as good at this stuff as the other ladies on the forum.

I think the stone will look gorgeous in whatever you decide to set it in! I have always loved that particular LOGR setting too.
Agree. Yellow gold is what I thought of first, and I am not a YG person. But it would set both colors off beautifully.

Great stone, congrats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here''s the thread with my BB reddish garnet in that setting. My garnet is probably darker than your tourmaline though. It is just sitting in the setting, it''s not acutally set in there. I''m going to set another stone in there because I think my garnet is a little too dark to bezel, but it will give you an idea of a reddish stone in that halo bezel.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bb-umbalite-garnet-in-logr.106836/

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:46:35 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/25/2009 8:42:57 PM
Slightly OT, but is the LOGR dealer a lady? I had always thought he (or she) was a man.
The name sounded like a lady''s name to me buit I could be wrong.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Cool color!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
How about a RG head with prongs and a white gold shank? Although I think full RG would look lovely too. Or at least RG prongs - I''m kind of a RG nut too
2.gif
(TL you''re not alone!)

I would prong it too - I''m sure LOGR will but I don''t know how much he''ll charge for customization (I found that the cost of the setting went up a LOT when I went for customizing). You might want to check his price and call up your jewelers too and compare first.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
How about something like this? But for a cushion shape, obviously.

Will the stone be too unprotected in this type of setting?

0ec8_1.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 5:08:35 PM

Where is that from? It''s beautiful!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Why am I now hearing the song ''Raspberry Beret'' in my head now?!!
9.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 5:10:57 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Where is that from? It''s beautiful!

Thanks! I really like it. I''m waiting for it to arrive. Once it arrives and is the quality that was stated online, I''ll let you know where I got it. I don''t want to tell you if it''s totally crap and I''ll be returning it! :) Does that make sense?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The original LOGR setting you were thinking about IS substantial on the hand. I wear a size 6 and I''ve got total finger coverage with it. You couldn''t call it a delicate setting!
2.gif

I definitely definitely definitely wouldn''t got for rose gold with your new stone. With a colour shifter you have to be VERY careful that the gold colour compliments both colour ways. White or yellow gold would be the safest option but I would, without a shadow of a doubt, wait until I saw it in person and then played with it next to all colours of gold in different lighting conditions. The answer will probably show itself to you then!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice!

I''m getting kind of worried about setting it. I talked to my jeweler when I picked up the spinel ring today. I told him I''d be back soon with a tourmaline to set, and he said, "Hmmm. Well, that stone is a bit softer than we''re comfortable working with, since you didn''t purchase it from us."

Is tourmaline super soft or something??? Previously, I tried to get Jared [I know, I know, I was getting my ring cleaned and was already there!] to set a different tourmaline and they said they wouldn''t do it, they were scared to chip it. I ended up changing my mind on the color and returned it.

My jeweler is the only one in town, and I don''t really live close to any other places [Jared was about 50 minutes away; we were in town to do some shopping].

So....I''m wondering if I''m going to be able to set it at all!
7.gif
I have no idea about Barry''s return policy. But I really love the stone and it will suck to maybe not be able to keep it. Although, I''m sure someone here will snatch it up in a second! :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:28:55 PM
Thanks for the advice!

I''m getting kind of worried about setting it. I talked to my jeweler when I picked up the spinel ring today. I told him I''d be back soon with a tourmaline to set, and he said, ''Hmmm. Well, that stone is a bit softer than we''re comfortable working with, since you didn''t purchase it from us.''

Is tourmaline super soft or something??? Previously, I tried to get Jared [I know, I know, I was getting my ring cleaned and was already there!] to set a different tourmaline and they said they wouldn''t do it, they were scared to chip it. I ended up changing my mind on the color and returned it.

My jeweler is the only one in town, and I don''t really live close to any other places [Jared was about 50 minutes away; we were in town to do some shopping].

So....I''m wondering if I''m going to be able to set it at all!
7.gif
I have no idea about Barry''s return policy. But I really love the stone and it will suck to maybe not be able to keep it. Although, I''m sure someone here will snatch it up in a second! :)

I say keep it, and look for more settings! Would there be anything from Whiteflash, or James Allen, or any of the other comparable vendors that you''d be interested in, setting-wise? Because you could see about sending it to them to be set (I had JA set my concave cut sapphire for me a while back).

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold would diminish the color change by making the orange more rosey and you already have pink for the other color so... Yellow would be best IMO, cause I''m affraid white might "make the pink put on a grey mask", especially if bezeled. If you don''t understand the word puzzle, feel free to ask
2.gif
Yellow would compliment the orange and contrast the pink, so I''d go for that.

BTW, with an 8 mm stone and a halo, you can''t really expect to end up with something delicate - it''s simple math.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it will look delicate, I agree, it''s just too large. But I don''t want it to look ginormously large, either.

Maybe I can get my jeweler to set it in a pendant. Now that I have the BB spinel ring, I don''t want to take it off. :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Are tourmalines that hard to set? Yikes. I have one coming in the mail. I hope I can get it set.

Have you received that setting yet? I''m trying to follow this thread because I want to know where you got it! But I don''t get emails about replies to threds unfortunately and it''s hard for me track what I''m trying to keep up on! :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t think tourmalines were hard to set....maybe my jeweler isn''t good? I do know they''re softer than, say, a spinel. They said they didn''t want to chip it setting it. So I''m not really sure what the deal is.

I should be getting the setting by early next week. If it''s good, I can tell you where I got it. I don''t want to tell you, and then if it arrives and is crappy, have to tell you beware of seller! :) If it''s good, I got a total steal, and I can tell you how to do it, too!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this stone - can''t wait to hear/see how the setting turns out - fingers crossed!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:06:47 AM
I didn''t think tourmalines were hard to set....maybe my jeweler isn''t good? I do know they''re softer than, say, a spinel. They said they didn''t want to chip it setting it. So I''m not really sure what the deal is.

I should be getting the setting by early next week. If it''s good, I can tell you where I got it. I don''t want to tell you, and then if it arrives and is crappy, have to tell you beware of seller! :) If it''s good, I got a total steal, and I can tell you how to do it, too!!

I found the setting! There is a thread on where to find settings and I stumbled across it. I''m curious what kind of price you got it for. And also what you think of it. I can''t wait to hear! :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the crazy thing -- I sent him [her?] a best offer of $250, thinking NO WAY they would accept it, and then they would counter with something more reasonable. But....they accepted it!!

It should be here sometime next week. I''ll take it to my jeweler to see if the diamonds are really VS/G. If so, holy crap, what a deal!! :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
And wow, the stone arrived today. It is FANTASTIC. Wow. So sparkly/flashy. The color change is unreal. LOVE IT!!

Now, off to find or buy a new camera charger...
29.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is this one the one your received? I like the design. Since you love it, does it mean you can now share the name of your source?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I got the stone, not the setting. :) The setting is still in transit, unfortunately!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think about making this stone a necklace? Maybe a plain pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results