shape
carat
color
clarity

New Spring Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 7:51:35 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 3/16/2009 10:06:44 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I need a great strapless bra for all those low spring and summery things--any suggestions???

cheers--Sharon

Go get fitted by someone really good. I think mine is Le Mystere - it was SO TOUGH to find one that worked, and it wasn''t cheap, but so VERY worth it
2.gif
HI:

Thanks AG--will do!

Bought some black Guess skinny black jeans yesterday and a pair of Citizen Cropped/Capri''s. Two tops by "Sinful"--one tank and a tee.

The capri''s looked great at Gap--many colors, will go back and try them on another day.

cheers--Sharon

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:48:39 AM

Thanks AG--will do!

Bought some black Guess skinny black jeans yesterday and a pair of Citizen Cropped/Capri''s. Two tops by ''Sinful''--one tank and a tee.

The capri''s looked great at Gap--many colors, will go back and try them on another day.

cheers--Sharon

I don''t know if they are up there, but the lingerie ladies at Nordstrom''s are always lovely here
1.gif

Did Gap have any slim-cut capris? I had a pair from Banana Republic a couple of summers ago - they were a very simple, slim-cute design, with a wide waistband and completely non-gaping legs (they were tapered to fit the leg perfectly) but they got too big when I lost weight - I really would love to find more of those, ''cause I think they''d be adorable with the cute flowy blouses and fun wedge shoes I''m seeing now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 7:41:02 PM

Thanks AG--will do!

Bought some black Guess skinny black jeans yesterday and a pair of Citizen Cropped/Capri''s. Two tops by ''Sinful''--one tank and a tee.

cheers--Sharon

I don''t know if they are up there, but the lingerie ladies at Nordstrom''s are always lovely here
1.gif

Did Gap have any slim-cut capris? I had a pair from Banana Republic a couple of summers ago - they were a very simple, slim-cute design, with a wide waistband and completely non-gaping legs (they were tapered to fit the leg perfectly) but they got too big when I lost weight - I really would love to find more of those, ''cause I think they''d be adorable with the cute flowy blouses and fun wedge shoes I''m seeing now.
HI:

AG: The Gap cotton capris were not tapered. Wider than I wanted--same with the BR. I did like the lower rise and wider waistband, but will still look for a narrower cut. I may cut some skinny pants if I cnanot find what I want. I am looking for black and maybe a taupe--both which BR and Gap had. Gap price point was a draw. Oddly enough, all the preminum denim I tried were a narrow fit.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spent $110 at AE yest on 4 items, one pair of linen pants, one sweatshirt, one cute flowing top, and one cardigan. Recession shopping at it''s best..!! I can''t spend too much this year since we are paying 2 mortgages, dammit!

Speaking of spring shopping....does anyone else hate all the shoe styles that are out this season? All gladiators and/or cray cray strappy sandals all up the ankle? There are a FEW cute wedges but wow I hate almost everything. Plus I have bigger feet so the flat glads just make me look like big bird!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wanted a 3/4-length trench for Spring and I got it a few weeks ago. It''s been a little too chilly to wear it lately in the NE, but I''m looking forward to wearing it soon!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:08:15 PM
Thanks for starting the thread penn - unfortunately I don''t have any great ideas to contribute, but I''d especially appreciate seeing any ideas anyone has for business-appropriate clothes on a budget - I''m starting a new job in August and I need to build a whole wardrobe, and I don''t want it to be dowdy or unflattering, but I still want it to be professional and polished and age-appropriate.

Amber, I suggest going to your nearest Banana Republic Outlet or Old Navy. Both places can be great. I also like H&M and sometimes Target. BR is my standby though...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 4:00:07 PM
Author: Mara
Speaking of spring shopping....does anyone else hate all the shoe styles that are out this season? All gladiators and/or cray cray strappy sandals all up the ankle? There are a FEW cute wedges but wow I hate almost everything. Plus I have bigger feet so the flat glads just make me look like big bird!
HI:

Funny you should mention this Mara--while out poking about I tried on two pairs--one was brightly colored and actually looked nice--but the other in a plain bronze looked liike mens shoes. YUK not flattering at all, Bummer since they were $50 bucks and the others twice as much. Didn''t love them enuf to buy them tho.....

Picked up a few tops and some capris iand got 30% off, and some cotton nighties at 70% off and some Mexx slacks at 50% off. Strapless bra too. Not bad recession shopping either!

cheers--Sharon

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:48:59 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 3/12/2009 9:06:32 PM

HI:

Glad this thread was started! I just bought cute Mexx sheer printed top--it was a steal....nothing else, yet. I am finding the hemlines are very short this year--that will negate me buying a lot of dresses.....

cheers--Sharon
I am finding the same thing, Sharon, and as a tall woman I cannot do super short hemlines. Isn''t there a correlation between hemlines and the economy? I''ll have to do a search for an article on that and post it somewhere, but I''m pretty sure that when spending is out of style hemlines go down, and when it''s in they go up--or maybe I have that switched around.
9.gif

My only buys this season are super cheap and trendy additions to the classic pieces in my wardrobe that I had already splurged on within the last 5 years. No more uber expensive jeans, no more ''just because'' fun designer tops, etc. The local Maurices(like The Buckle, a store that caters to rural America) provides me with plenty of fashion excitement on the cheap. God knows I have plenty of clothing even though I''m a clotheshorse, but now it''s time to pare down and ride out this ridiculous recession. Thanks PQ for posting this thread!
36.gif

LOL I didn''t realize Maurices was a nationwide chain. We have one near my home town...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:36:22 PM

Thanks AG--will do!

cheers--Sharon

1.gif

HI:

AG: The Gap cotton capris were not tapered. Wider than I wanted--same with the BR. I did like the lower rise and wider waistband, but will still look for a narrower cut. I may cut some skinny pants if I cnanot find what I want. I am looking for black and maybe a taupe--both which BR and Gap had. Gap price point was a draw. Oddly enough, all the preminum denim I tried were a narrow fit.

cheers--Sharon
I''ve been looking for the same thing - slim cropped or ankle pants. I''m finding a few, but I need/want them a little relaxed in the ol'' rear end area!
Found David Kahn slim crop jeans at Nordy''s, 158.00 ouch. But they fit...
Macy''s Inc. has a slim ankle pant
I think J Crew does, but it''d be too low cut for me. Pity.
Can''t remember what I found at BR, guess nothing since I can''t remember, ha ha!

Today in the dressing room at Nordy''s I asked another shopper her opinion of the David Kahn cropped pants. We talked for a few minutes
and she disclosed she was 60. I almost fell over, this woman was gorgeous and didn''t even look 50, but still looked very natural. I''m finding the older
I get the more "ok''s" I need about what I''m buying. Anyone else do this?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 10:43:16 PM
Author: bebe

Thanks AG--will do!

cheers--Sharon

1.gif

HI:

cheers--Sharon
I''ve been looking for the same thing - slim cropped or ankle pants. I''m finding a few, but I need/want them a little relaxed in the ol'' rear end area!
Can''t remember what I found at BR, guess nothing since I can''t remember, ha ha!

Today in the dressing room at Nordy''s I asked another shopper her opinion of the David Kahn cropped pants. We talked for a few minutes
and she disclosed she was 60. I almost fell over, this woman was gorgeous and didn''t even look 50, but still looked very natural. I''m finding the older
I get the more ''ok''s'' I need about what I''m buying. Anyone else do this?
HI:

The cropped pants I bought were from the label "Tribal" and altho they are not quite as short as I wanted them (right above the ankle)--they are flat panel, slightly lower rise, and narrow. Best fit of all I tried and they had many colors but I bought a dark navy. Not expensive either --$60 Can and I got a discount of 30% (Spring Sale).

Shopping forages a bond b/t women--gotta "high five" who ya meet in the dressing rooms!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:04:07 AM

Thanks AG--will do!

cheers--Sharon

1.gif

HI:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

The cropped pants I bought were from the label ''Tribal'' and altho they are not quite as short as I wanted them (right above the ankle)--they are flat panel, slightly lower rise, and narrow. Best fit of all I tried and they had many colors but I bought a dark navy. Not expensive either --$60 Can and I got a discount of 30% (Spring Sale).

Shopping forages a bond b/t women--gotta ''high five'' who ya meet in the dressing rooms!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, where did you find the Tribal label? They sound exactly what I''m looking for.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 4:00:07 PM
Author: Mara
I just spent $110 at AE yest on 4 items, one pair of linen pants, one sweatshirt, one cute flowing top, and one cardigan. Recession shopping at it's best..!! I can't spend too much this year since we are paying 2 mortgages, dammit!

I LOVE recession shopping
9.gif
My mom and I hit up the outlets over the weekend, just to check out a couple of stores, and we found me three super-cute dresses at BCBG - one burgundy chiffon sleeveless with a low back and lacy straps, one blue and gold halter, and one black and grey patterned shirt-style - all for less than $200 total. So now I'm all set for the weddings I have coming up this year, and I have a cute dress to take that will be appropriate for the training I'm going to for my new job in August
10.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 10:46:28 AM

Date: 4/2/2009 10:04:07 AM

Thanks AG--will do!

cheers--Sharon

1.gif

HI:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

The cropped pants I bought were from the label ''Tribal'' and altho they are not quite as short as I wanted them (right above the ankle)--they are flat panel, slightly lower rise, and narrow. Best fit of all I tried and they had many colors but I bought a dark navy. Not expensive either --$60 Can and I got a discount of 30% (Spring Sale).

Shopping forages a bond b/t women--gotta ''high five'' who ya meet in the dressing rooms!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, where did you find the Tribal label? They sound exactly what I''m looking for.
HI:

Bebe: Here is a link; thre is a store locator thumbnail top of screen. And bottom on screen there is a new collections sketch--and the picture of the model--she is wearing the cropped pants in pink.

http://www.tribal-inc.com/about4.html

cheers--Sharon

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon, I''m off to look.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results