shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ruby E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yehudi

Rough_Rock

Here is the Ruby E-ring in its makeshift (temporary) two-tone setting. It has a WG shank with some celtic type scrolling and a YG head. I'll try to post a few pictures in varying conditions and angles.

Very excited. I'll present it to her this weekend. Then, we'll work out the final setting together.

[I'm attaching the image per instructions....let's see if it works]

Ruby0001.jpg

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Another pic in overcast outdoor light.

Ruby0002.jpg

yehudi

Rough_Rock
another.

Ruby0003.jpg

yehudi

Rough_Rock
With indoor light.

Ruby0005.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ruby and what a unique setting. Do you mind sharing where you bought the setting?

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Last one.

In the dark...indirect indoor light, that is.

Let me know what you think.

Ruby0006.jpg

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Thanks. To be honest, I don''t know much about the setting. I plan on having a custom setting made, so I relied on the advice of my jeweler who said this would hold the (cushion cut) ruby safe and wouldn''t cost too much. It was a cast setting from a catalog he has.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some coloured gemstones that need simple but unique settings and yours looks to fit the bill. It''s even better that it is a stock setting from a catalog.
21.gif
Any idea who is the manufacturer? I don''t think Stuller makes anything like that.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, yehudi! That ruby looks fabulous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I just looked up your old thread asking about how to find a nice ruby... would you mind sharing your search/purchasing experience? Any specs?

Again...just lovely. Congrats!
36.gif

widget

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a lovely colored ruby...not too dark.
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice ruby! I''m sure you''re girlfriend (soon to be fiance!) will love it and I can''t wait to see it in it''s final home.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful ruby and I really like that setting. Hopefully when your ruby finds it''s new, permanent home you can put another gemstone in it''s place.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring!!!! Stone, and setting!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Now that is the reason why I love rubies!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
as someone who is biased, from loving my own ruby ering, that one is STUNNING! what a beautiful stone. cant wait till you two decide on something permanent. do you know what she may want?

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Chrono, I''ll inqure about the maker of the setting and post back. The inside of the shank is marked KBN, but that doesn''t tell me anything.

Widget, here are the details:

Burma Ruby
1.7 cts
7.1 x 6 x 4.6
cushion
color - vivid red
Heat enhancement only

The process:

After some research and calls, I visited Zoltan David, who works in my town. His stuff blew me away and I asked him who he gets his gems from. He said he sources a lot of his gems from Allen Kleiman (some of his work here, click Spectrum Awards, scroll down to the rubies).

Zoltan, coincidentally, has a working relationship with R.W. Wise Goldsmiths. I called Richard as my first step in the process, but he had nothing in in my price range, and was busy preparing for a trip abroad. So, by chance, I walked into Zoltan''s shop and asked if he could recommend a cutter/broker who could meet my needs. He mentioned Kleiman and Wise, among others, but I forgot them. Sorry.

I viewed some samples and liked this one the best. Best color, sparkle, size, etc...

Zoltan creates some great works. I''m looking forward to working with him on the final ring. A lot of his focus is on highly innovative showpieces. That said, I''m drawn to his simpler jewelry, especially for engagement rings. Here is a sample gallery: http://www.hamiltonhilljewelry.com/int_designers/zoltan.html

I love his use of platinum and gold that goes far beyond the standard two-tone approach. The gold will reflect the warmth of the ruby, while being perfectly married to the platinum.

Here are some other images: http://www.zoltandavid.com/photo_gallery1.htm

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! I love the color.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, lovely ring. I love the deep red of your ruby, very pretty!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowie, That is one beautiful ruby ring. Please send handshots when you have the final setting. Love it.....

Linda

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring! The yellow gold is stunning with that color ruby. I really like that setting!!

*M*

LdyNghtWng

Rough_Rock
Lovely ruby...I keep imagining that mounting with diamonds set into the holes in the
scrolling!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh...I knew I''d heard the name Zoltan! I recognized him from the Spectrum Awards the minute I saw his work.

I LOVE his two-tone designs...I''ve attached a pic of a band to die for, just for fun.

Do PLEASE come back and show us the results of your collaboration with him!

widget

lg_zd_ring6.jpg

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Widget - that is amazing! OP - I''m digging the ruby.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so wonderful, I love rubies!!!

Where did you get such a unique setting from???!!!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone - looks amazing. I love rubies and that one is stunning.
Congrats!
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results