shape
carat
color
clarity

New puppy heath problems???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I recently found a mutt puppy, after posting in the news paper about him. No one claimed him I adopted him. We named him twitch because he twitches every few minutes. I took him to the vet to have him checked out and we discovered both his lungs where full of fluid.
39.gif
He is now on some serious meds to try to clear them up. After a day of meds he is perking up and eating. He is a pound and three ounces and about three months old. Has any one had a pet with similar problems?

Picture 031.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness what a sweet tiny little thing!!
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve got all my fingers and toes crossed that he quickly recovers. It seems to me to be a good sign that there''s been some improvement so quickly after starting on meds...

Keep us posted!

widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG what a little sweetie pie. I''ve never had a dog of any kind, so I can''t help, but I do hope and pray that little guy gets better...what a little precious thing!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
How about asking the vet? What was the reason he gave for the fluid? Respiratory infection?

That is SUUUUUCCCCHHHHH a cutie pie I want to give him little nibbles and kisses LOL...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
He is sooooooooo sweet! His stuffed animal friend looks bigger than him. I hope he gets better soon.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone he is about the size of the stuffed toy. His vet is thinking that it is a respiratory infection. However he took blood to make sure of any thing else.
40.gif
He goes back to the vet tomorrow for a check up on how he is responding to the meds and for another x ray to see if his lungs are clearing up. Thanks for everyone prayers

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for a full recovery for your darling baby!!!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
The fact that he is perking up so soon is a great sign. Check with your vet about an over the counter nutritional supplement called Nutrical. I have toy dogs and my breeder recommended it especially for the little ones. Good luck, he is adorable.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
here are 2 more pics

twe.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
He looks a LOT like my little Chihuahua, Grace! I hope he feels better soon!!
img_1867.jpg

img_1865.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh he is absolutely adorable! And how sweet of you for adopting him!
36.gif

I sure hope all goes well at the vet''s office tomorrow! Please let us know his progress!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had a similar experience but the little puppy is absolutely adorable and it is wonderful of you to have taken him in. I hope he gets better and that it's nothing too serious.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Hi Angel. What an adorable little pooch! Kudos to you for providing him a home.

Fluid in the lungs ... think of a person in the hospital with pneumonia. You''ll have to stay on top of his meds, and follow the vets instructions. Don''t hesitate if the puppy responds to the meds or treatment in an odd way to call the vet and ask questions.

Eating is always a good sign! How''s his breathing? Is his snout dry and hot, or wet and "bubbly"?

Good luck with the little guy, and please keep us posted!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Is Twitch still twitching, BTW?

I''m asking my dog people questions related to your little guy to see if I can get some good Dog Mama nursing tips for you...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that dear little soul.....
30.gif

Prayers outgoing for the speediest of recoveries, that he is eating is an excellent sign! Don''t underestimate the power of lots of TLC, lots of love and good nursing can make all the difference in the world, and you are obviously giving plenty of that! Best of luck with him and please keep us posted! That he is responding so fast is another good sign.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
He is just adorable and it is wonderful that you adopted him!

I can''t really give much advice on his medical conditions...but just wanted to chime in!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, what an adorable baby! So sorry to hear about his problems and hoping very hard for a speedy recovery. You are such a good person to adopt him--he's very lucky to have you!

BTW, I think it's hysterical that his toys are bigger than he is!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
He is the most precious little dog! I just want to scoop him up and nibble on him!
6.gif
3.gif

I sure hope the meds do the trick for him. Has he had his shots yet? When I was little we had a German Shephard that started twitching like there were flies on him and we found out he had distemper and had to put him down. I sure hope that''s not the case here.

Good luck and keep us updated!
face23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results