shape
carat
color
clarity

New nature pics... you asked for them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:28:18 AM
Author: radiantquest
Awesome. Those sunrise pictures are breathtaking. You mentioned that you had to shrink them so much to be able to upload them. You did such a great job that you should get those printed large and then frame them. Really beautiful.

I always am amazed at how beautiful nature is when you can take the time to actually see it. Most days all I see outside is someones rear bumper, ya know?
Thank you radiantquest! Glad to know that getting about 3 hours of sleep and driving 2 hours to see it was worth it. I only saw 1 other die-hard out there at that hour! Yes, these images had to be drastically resized to post here. The originals look so much better. I do print my favorites. I have a bunch of matching black 11x14 frames along the stairs of my house and I rotate my favorite images through them periodically. I also have a few favorites just mounted on black matts and I decorate my cubicle with favorite images. When the going gets rough at work, I can just stare at them and know that if I persevere, there are better places I can and will be soon enough.
9.gif

You are right, it''s amazing how much we miss. I have some pictures of grass and weeds (albeit flowering) that are just amazing. Oh how I know. I spend almost 2 hours each day staring at rear bumpers.
7.gif

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:41:22 AM
Author: Inanna
Stunning pics, Treefrog! Thanks for sharing these.
36.gif
You're very welcome Inanna. A little change of pace around here as many of us deal with the Winter blues (I am ready to go back to the FL Keys!!!) Thanks for enjoying them!
1.gif

Treefrog

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 11:40:40 AM
Author: treefrog

Date: 1/21/2010 10:28:18 AM
Author: radiantquest
Awesome. Those sunrise pictures are breathtaking. You mentioned that you had to shrink them so much to be able to upload them. You did such a great job that you should get those printed large and then frame them. Really beautiful.

I always am amazed at how beautiful nature is when you can take the time to actually see it. Most days all I see outside is someones rear bumper, ya know?
Thank you radiantquest! Glad to know that getting about 3 hours of sleep and driving 2 hours to see it was worth it. I only saw 1 other die-hard out there at that hour! Yes, these images had to be drastically resized to post here. The originals look so much better. I do print my favorites. I have a bunch of matching black 11x14 frames along the stairs of my house and I rotate my favorite images through them periodically. I also have a few favorites just mounted on black matts and I decorate my cubicle with favorite images. When the going gets rough at work, I can just stare at them and know that if I persevere, there are better places I can and will be soon enough.
9.gif

You are right, it''s amazing how much we miss. I have some pictures of grass and weeds (albeit flowering) that are just amazing. Oh how I know. I spend almost 2 hours each day staring at rear bumpers.
7.gif

Treefrog
I swear this man is a God. Just when I think he can''t get any more perfect .........

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous shots, Treefrog. You''re a very talented photographer.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 11:00:14 AM
Author: Gailey
Stunning Treefrog. You are a very talented photographer (I''ll just add that to yourchecklist of qualities!).

Tell us about the new camera and lens you were using.
Gailey, welcome home! You are just too kind. Thank you. I was using a Canon 30D and that just sold on e-bay. The 30D was a few generations old so I upgraded to the Canon 7D because it has two processors and one is mostly dedicated to focusing. It also has a larger and brighter viewfinder and that makes it easier for me to focus for critical sharpness. I thought fast moving birds would be a good test for me to see what the camera could do. I''d say it worked well. Most of my serious stuff is taken with a 300mm 2.8 lens and a 1.4 converter which turns it into 420mm. Ideally, I''d like the 500 f4 or the 600 f4 so I can do away with the quality-robbing 1.4x converter but at US $6,000 and $8,000 respectably, they are well out of my hobby budget.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I can rent them though but it''s hard to plan around the weather so renting is kind of a crap shoot since it involves reservations and shipping time.

Date: 1/21/2010 11:03:55 AM
Author: Sundial
Treefrog I enjoy your pictures so much! You really have a talent for photography and the new camera is obviously working out well for you. Which Canon did you get?
Sundial, thanks so much! I have a few books I use for general inspiration but that''s only part of the battle. Yes, I was very, very pleased with the results of the new Canon 7D. How are you making out with your camera? You have a trip coming up pretty soon, don''t you?

Treefrog

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous shots, treefrog! I especially love the ones of the single bird catching the fish - great catch, and so hard to capture.

The dragonfly is also especially gorgeous - I love all the colors. And it''s sharp as a tack!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, thanks for sharing! I called DH over to look at pics and he knows I''m on PS so he initially rolled his eyes, he was pleasantly surprised and took a long while admiring them.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
For you Gailey, I''ll try to remember to find my pictures of grass and weeds tonight.

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 12:08:27 PM
Author: MC
Gorgeous shots, Treefrog. You''re a very talented photographer.
Thanks MC!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Maisie!

Thank you MonkeyPie! Yes, it''s pretty hard to capture images like that. Lots of waiting around followed by seconds of pure adrenaline. Patience (and 8 frames per second) definitely pays off.

I liked the pastel colors in that dragonfly photo. I have two more dragonfly photos that I''m certain you will love. Ok... I''m really going to have to start working on my "best of" images...

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 2:24:55 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Great pics, thanks for sharing! I called DH over to look at pics and he knows I''m on PS so he initially rolled his eyes, he was pleasantly surprised and took a long while admiring them.
Hi somethingshiny! Thank you for the comments. Glad you were able to throw him for a loop this time.
9.gif

Treefrog

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 11:28:46 PM
This guy thought he could walk on water. The ice was pretty thin though. Wish I had been ready when this goose was caught off guard and fell through.
That would have been too cool!! Your pictures are just beautiful!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 4:22:06 PM
For you Gailey, I''ll try to remember to find my pictures of grass and weeds tonight.

Treefrog

742469s3709nw4fb.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos treefrog! Love the dragonfly and sunrise pics!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 6:18:40 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 1/21/2010 4:22:06 PM

Treefrog

742469s3709nw4fb.gif
This was not taken on Saturday but just for you Gailey, pictures of... some grass!
9.gif

This is where I took my deer and fox sets of photos but it''s pretty much a field. We drive by fields every day but who would have thought it could be so pretty if you were to stop and take a look? Other than me!

grass0001.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 6:02:21 PM
Author: joflier

Date: 1/20/2010 11:28:46 PM
This guy thought he could walk on water. The ice was pretty thin though. Wish I had been ready when this goose was caught off guard and fell through.
That would have been too cool!! Your pictures are just beautiful!
There''s always next time! Thanks Joflier. Hope all is going well with you.

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Portia and ZoeBartlett! The sunrise was stunning. I have a few more... how about this one, also taken on Saturday?

sunrise_BNWR0001.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! That''s a really beautiful shot, treefrog! Feel free to post more pics!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results