shape
carat
color
clarity

New name; Same ol' me

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
It was suggested that I create a new account since I qualify for the fancy "trade" label now that I am working in the industry. Just wanted to connect the dots for those who might wonder since this user name is a hybrid of my new and previous names.

-Cali, aka ohsomethingshiny

:wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now you start again at one! :lol-2:

I don’t see your trade label?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Now you start again at one! :lol-2:
Oh, I know! I was so sad too. I had recently made Brilliant Rock and now... :shock: Hey, at least this makes two. :clap:

I just wish I could upload an avatar. But it's still not working. So no pictures of Eleanor and Millie quite yet.

And yeah, I selected that I was in the trade. Not sure why it doesn't show.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap::clap::clap:

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

I’m sorry you have to start all over with your post counts. It’s showing up as “trade”

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, exactly. This is why I am concerned about going a custom route. I cannot visualize something like this to save my life. I am glad you have the resources to make it right and pleased you have the ring of your dreams now. It makes it that much sweeter you had this journey to travel to get there. Anything worth while tends to take hard work and the end result is the sum of all your effort. :appl:

Oh, I know! I was so sad too. I had recently made Brilliant Rock and now... :shock: Hey, at least this makes two. :clap:

I just wish I could upload an avatar. But it's still not working. So no pictures of Eleanor and Millie quite yet.

And yeah, I selected that I was in the trade. Not sure why it doesn't show.

Congrats!!! Where are you working?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

I’m sorry you have to start all over with your post counts. It’s showing up as “trade”
Thanks so much! And I’m glad it’s showing up now.

Congrats!!! Where are you working?
Thank you!! I am working at a local Helzberg store as I was told of the opportunity from my friend who works there. I figured it was a good place to get my feet wet as I continue with my GIA courses.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was considering doing the same thing but didn't want to cause any confusion :confused: so just put the trade label on this one :mrgreen:

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!!

So maybe you two can answer my question so I make sure I understand. Using this account, I posted a picture of Lucy, my personally owned antique ring. (It's not something the place I work at sells and it was just posted for fun as jewelry photography is a hobby and completely unrelated to my job in the industry.) Admin deleted it and informed me that trade isn't allowed to post any photos. Can either of you clarify that based off your experience/understanding? I didn't realize that personally owned jewelry or photos of any kind are off limits for us to post, and I couldn't find specific mention in the policies. I want to make sure that I am not outside of the posting guideline for trade. TIA.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! And I’m glad it’s showing up now.

Thank you!! I am working at a local Helzberg store as I was told of the opportunity from my friend who works there. I figured it was a good place to get my feet wet as I continue with my GIA courses.

Very cool! Congrats!!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks!!

So maybe you two can answer my question so I make sure I understand. Using this account, I posted a picture of Lucy, my personally owned antique ring. (It's not something the place I work at sells and it was just posted for fun as jewelry photography is a hobby and completely unrelated to my job in the industry.) Admin deleted it and informed me that trade isn't allowed to post any photos. Can either of you clarify that based off your experience/understanding? I didn't realize that personally owned jewelry or photos of any kind are off limits for us to post, and I couldn't find specific mention in the policies. I want to make sure that I am not outside of the posting guideline for trade. TIA.
Educational jewellery related images only and it can't be something that is for sale without special permission.
You can post non-jewelery images in fun threads like the wildlife thread.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Educational jewellery related images only and it can't be something that is for sale without special permission.
You can post non-jewelery images in fun threads like the wildlife thread.
Got it! Thanks so much for clarifying, @Karl_K.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats....who you working for now?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats....who you working for now?
I’m working at Helzberg Diamonds while I continue with my GIA courses. I figure it is a great way to experience a selling atmosphere that the average person has. (As we know, most people aren’t looking for PS quality or super ideals.) I want to learn all aspects from working on the floor to the behind the scenes.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the job!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m working at Helzberg Diamonds while I continue with my GIA courses. I figure it is a great way to experience a selling atmosphere that the average person has. (As we know, most people aren’t looking for PS quality or super ideals.) I want to learn all aspects from working on the floor to the behind the scenes.

That is awesome. How are the GIA courses coming? I have kicked around taking them myself. Anything earth shattering thus far? What do you think of the Helzberg's experience?

FYI, one of the guys I work with dropped off a few of the Helzberg pins. I liked the German & Russian ones...

Collectible-Helzberg-Diamonds-I-AM-LOVED-RED-Button.jpg

m_592b7b334127d0809800b2c2.jpg

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the job!
Thank you so much!
That is awesome. How are the GIA courses coming? I have kicked around taking them myself. Anything earth shattering thus far? What do you think of the Helzberg's experience?

FYI, one of the guys I work with dropped off a few of the Helzberg pins. I liked the German & Russian ones...

Collectible-Helzberg-Diamonds-I-AM-LOVED-RED-Button.jpg

m_592b7b334127d0809800b2c2.jpg
Those are cool!

The current course (Diamonds and Diamond Grading) is going well. Completed assignment 15 (out of 20) today. It’s a lot of information! I think you’d really like it and with the knowledge you already have, a lot of what I’ve learned would be review for you. But it’s more than just about the four Cs, for sure.

As for the job, I’m enjoying it. Great atmosphere and very family oriented. I’m only working part-time so my next work day will be day four, but I’ve been involved in multiple sales thus far. It’s nice to see people leave excited about finding something they love. And I love that we have equipment (like an ASET) to use for the benefit of the clients.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results