Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

New mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerandmichael

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share that we officially signed over our lives tonight - our very first mortgage.
It''s only a 606 square meter (think that''s about 6500 square feet) block of empty land in a gated community, but with the price of Perth real estate that''s all we could afford!!
The repayments on it are still about 20% of our income...

We''re hoping to build on it in the next 2-3 years. I think that''s when it starts getting exciting! Until then, we''ll be pitching our pup tent and sleeping in swags!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Even though it''s a lot of $ just think about how happy you will be once you''re sitting in your new home. That kind of happiness can''t be measured in $s. And best of luck for a smooth and successful building process.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! congrats
oh, house building. sounds exciting!!

we''re looking into getting a new home too. i feel so lost though. it''s a bit overwhelming!

gingerandmichael

Rough_Rock
Property is REALLY overwhelming. First you have to find what you want to buy...and in our case, we bought in the middle of a huge property boom, meaning we actually had to camp out at a land sales office for 3 nights just to get a block.

Then we waiting MONTHS for the titles to be issued. Now it''s December in Australia and the banking system all but shuts down halfway through the month - so instead of having 28 leisurely days to settle, we''ve really got to get it all done by next Tuesday (or lose our $1500 bonus for settling on time).

Add in having to do all of the transfer paperwork, getting things signed and stamped at the correct offices (and paying nearly $8000 in taxes!!!). It''s a nightmare.

The mortgage documents were in a stack as high as "Les Miserables" - I think there were at least 20 "Sign here" stickies in it.

We''ll put off building just to forget what a pain it was to get the block!

It will be worth it in the end though. The community is lovely...very Stepford Wifes-ish, but not in a scary way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.