shape
carat
color
clarity

New Mom Gift Ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A long time friend of mine is due any day now with her first child, a girl. I'd like to get her something to commemorate the event. Don't know if her hubby knows about push presents, but I'm thinking not. Anyway, I've already spent a good deal of $ on baby registry gifts, so I'd like to keep this gift under $100 and I'd like it to be jewelry with something pink in it if possible. My searching has led me to 2 possibilities, but I'm wondering if anybody's got some better ideas.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
These earrings are in 2nd place because they''re (a) over my budget at $130 and (b) ruby, which is more reddish than the pink I was going for.

Any preferences, or other suggestions? Thanks!

rubybubble130.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm FG, I''ll think about it. I''m not a big jewelry person so if it were me, I''d want a gift certificate for a massage. 9 longs months of carrying around a basketball and the aches and pains stick with you for a short time. a nice long massage would be right up my alley. But, if your friend likes jewelry I think either of the options you posted are nice and a very thoughtful thing for you to do
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about something like a pink sapphire eternity ring or more budget friendly, a band with one pink sapphire in it? doesn''t tiffany or someone have something like that?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe you could clue her hubby on the push present thing and link the signedpieces maternity rings. I think the little boxes they come in are so darn cute. I would have loved one of those from hubby when I had my kids. I didn''t know about the push present thing myself or I would have been all over those...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this. Maybe Rollingrings.com would make it cheaper than http://babybands.net/collection_triband.htm

ringtriband.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Though I love the rings, I am hesitant to go that route because I don''t know her normal ring size, nor do I know when she''d return to that ring size after being preggers...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 7:05:20 PM
Author: mrssalvo
maybe you could clue her hubby on the push present thing and link the signedpieces maternity rings. I think the little boxes they come in are so darn cute. I would have loved one of those from hubby when I had my kids. I didn''t know about the push present thing myself or I would have been all over those...
He''s a little freaked over baby finances so while I think he should get her a little something, I feel bad suggesting it.
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 7:03:26 PM
Author: Mara
what about something like a pink sapphire eternity ring or more budget friendly, a band with one pink sapphire in it? doesn''t tiffany or someone have something like that?
They sure do, and it''s super cute but still $215 and only silver (which I dread for polishing reasons, but I''m lazy.
9.gif
)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
These were also on Overstock, $110. 1.2 ctw pink sapphs, 0.01 ctw diamond (ha! anyway...)

I wish I could afford some of the stuff at the Natural Sapph Company...gorgeous items!

P10134999.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was the baby born in June? If so the pearl bracelet would be nice (since it is June''s birthstone). It is a lovely thought and you are a good friend.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:14:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Was the baby born in June? If so the pearl bracelet would be nice (since it is June''s birthstone). It is a lovely thought and you are a good friend.
Thanks Tacori. That is a good point! She was due yesterday and is being induced tomorow, so the baby should be born in June unless the induction doesn''t work.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:21:54 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 6/26/2007 9:14:36 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Thanks Tacori. That is a good point! She was due yesterday and is being induced tomorow, so the baby should be born in June unless the induction doesn''t work.

Well July=ruby so then the earrings could work out well! Either way she will love anything so thoughtful (I know I would!)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
As Mssalvo mentioned a spa service would be nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results